• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Event Small Writing Competition

Years
  • Small Writing Competition!
    Judged by Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie.

f5VPKbS.jpg

Welcome everyone to the Small Writing Competition! The gist is simple - write a story based on the prompt, and submit it to the judges before the deadline.

Rules
    1.) Follow PC's rules and Fanfiction and Writing's rules.
    2.) Stories written for this competition must be completely new. In other words, they must not have been written before. You also are not allowed to post it anywhere else until judging is over. Having someone beta read your entry prior to submission in private is allowed.
    3.) You must PM your entries to all of the judges. (This is so if someone loses their PMs the others still have them and so forth). The judges in question are Bay, bobandbill, and gimmepie. You also must post in this thread when you send your PMs so we can confirm you did send us an entry.
    4.) One entry per member only, sorry.
    5.) You have until 11:59pm EST, August 22 to get your entry in.
    6.) The story can be based on Pokemon, another fandom, or be original fiction. Note the judges may not all be familiar with any other fandoms.
    7.) The entry can only be a completed one-shot as this is a small writing competition - no chaptered entries, please! There is no word limit.

Once the scores are posted and the competition is over, you may post your story in Fanfiction and Writing so that others may see it. Make sure to add [SWC] to your title if you do!

If you have any other questions, ask away!

Scoring and Prompt
    As with previous SWCs, each entry can have a maximum score of 30, with the points broken down into three categories equalling 10 points. The categories are:

Spelling and Grammar
    Characterization, Plot, and Description
    Relevance to Prompt

Each participant will receive 10 points when their entry is sent in. Furthermore, the top three places will earn additional points as detailed below.

First: 150pts
    Second: 100pts
    Third: 50pts

Additionally, we have Achievements available! Firstly, the team with the most submissions at the end will earn a bonus 50 points! On top of that though, the person who uses the longest stream of alliteration in their story will earn an extra 10 points for their team.

The prompt is lost.

Entrants

Venia Silente (Apricorns)
    Juno (Apricorns)
    Aquacorde (Apricorns)
    Groc (Apricorns)
    jbsundown (Apricorns)
    Aldo (Apricorns)
    Celeste (Gears)
    Mersie (Gears)
    5qwerty (Apricorns)

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
  • Henceforth my Yearly Suffering™ begins. Good to see the Contest going on one more year, of course!

The prompt is lost.

If y'all could pinpoint the pending postulate and promptly pursue publication in the perennial pamphlet of pancommunal activity, that would perchance palliate the predicament that pollutes our purview as writers. Cheers!

Years
  • Henceforth my Yearly Suffering™ begins. Good to see the Contest going on one more year, of course!

If y'all could pinpoint the pending postulate and promptly pursue publication in the perennial pamphlet of pancommunal activity, that would perchance palliate the predicament that pollutes our purview as writers. Cheers!

Now can you do alliteration like that in your actual story?

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Mar 22, 2024
    tumblr_inline_ot7uvijArD1rrk0zz_540.png

oh wait it's 'lost' not 'loss'
    either way i'm in

Years
  • Oh yeah, I guess I'm doing this this year? One word prompt? Oh boy, prepare for me to be paralyzed by choice as I have so many roads to choose from.

Aldo

Survivalist
    Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024
    Adding up the numbers for Team Apricorns here!

Years
  • Update: we're extending the deadline by 24 hours. As much as we'd love to be able to give you even more time, we would prefer not to be down to just three days to review entries.

Back