• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Smashmons: Spirit Red (Version 1.02)

Should the IVs still be random for each Pokemon?

• -Keep IVs as is, making every Pokemon unique, with some being better, while others being worse, whic

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • -All IVs are always 31, making every Pokemon the same, except for their nature, making practically e

Votes: 7 77.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
    Years
    • Seen Oct 17, 2021
    I can't figure out what to do next on the islands, it seems Lostelle is impossible to reach to.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    hi guys, I just started the game and I wondered how we can find an amazy dyz? is it just luck or do we have to do something special to get it ?

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    hi guys, I just started the game and I wondered how we can find an amazy dyz? is it just luck or do we have to do something special to get it ?

Like SeveChruches said, it is pure luck on finding it. The repel trick for easier encounters doesn't work on it. However, once you encounter it, there are 2 tricks that I can think off, that can make it unable to escape, requireing specific movesets. Of course, due to its low catch rate, it may still KO itself with Struggle, but it's better than throwing a ball and praying it doesn't escape immediately.

I kind of want to keep it to myself just to troll, but oh well. Here are the two ways that I know off:
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    thanks guys for yout fast answers ! I have been on it for like 1 hour in the viridian forest and can't find one so I was wondering if i had to do something before finding one xD.
    I didn't think about them fleeing :/ thanks for the tips !!

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    So after i think 5k attempts throwing the ultra ball from grandpa and spending 12 hours to find and caught it finally got it.
    And so i have a little tiny little bit question :
    Why is the catch rate (1) so low for a pokemon you can encounter so early in the game ???? O.O O.O O.O O.O

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    So after i think 5k attempts throwing the ultra ball from grandpa and spending 12 hours to find and caught it finally got it.
    And so i have a little tiny little bit question :
    Why is the catch rate (1) so low for a pokemon you can encounter so early in the game ???? O.O O.O O.O O.O

You aren't really supposed to catch it this early on. It's supposed to be a Pokemon you have to make specific preparations, just to catch. Realistically (without savestates), this could be done only at about the mid to late game.
    I've never even attempted to capture it, until I wanted to do Pokedex completion, and since I could properly prepare for it, it wasn't hard to get at all. It took like 3 encounters to finally do it.

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2023
    I get it ! XD it's just so frustating seeing it in front of you and not being able to catch it and so i kinda force it :')
    I think with a sleep strategy and chrono ball it's a lot easier tho.
    Yeah even with savestates i think I had an incredible amount of luck dont know the exact math but I think I had less than 1% to catch it.
    Now I can finally begin to play your hack xD !

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    I believe I'm done with the main game, but just in case, I have to ask. Is there any important thing to do after beating the
    Spoiler:
    ? I know there's the Pokedex completion and the Trainer Tower.

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    I believe I'm done with the main game, but just in case, I have to ask. Is there any important thing to do after beating the ------------? I know there's the Pokedex completion and the Trainer Tower.

Heyhey. Spoilers!

As for your question:
    Nope. That's about it, unless you count challenge runs, however that would be a completely new playthough entirely.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Mar 22, 2021
    So I played through the game and beat the elite 4, but I noticed that sturdy on my KirbleBlade wasn't working properly right after. And I am pretty sure the opposing pokemon(MtlGearRay) doesn't have mold breaker or any other ability or attack that would disable that. Now I still don't know if this is a problem with KirbleBlade or sturdy in general. It didn't subtract from the fun I had with this game or anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    So I played through the game and beat the elite 4, but I noticed that sturdy on my KirbleBlade wasn't working properly right after. And I am pretty sure the opposing pokemon(MtlGearRay) doesn't have mold breaker or any other ability or attack that would disable that. Now I still don't know if this is a problem with KirbleBlade or sturdy in general. It didn't subtract from the fun I had with this game or anything, but I thought it was worth mentioning.

That's just gen 3 Sturdy. Only works on OHKO moves

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    Where's
    Spoiler:
    and how can I obtain
    Spoiler:
    ? I'm 2 away from finishing the Dex.

Edit: I found the former, it kind of blends in the background too much. I only picked up on it based on seeing the list of Spirits.

Last edited:

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Where's
    Spoiler:
    and how can I obtain
    Spoiler:
    ? I'm 2 away from finishing the Dex.

Edit: I found the former, it kind of blends in the background too much. I only picked up on it based on seeing the list of Spirits.

Well
    Spoiler:
    is supposed to be a neat secret for those who look around, although, it is perhaps too well hidden

As for
    Spoiler:
    I have spooky news for you. It's the reward for the Trainer Tower completion. Good luck with that.

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Any tips for the Trainer Tower? At best, so far I've made it to number 5.

You will probably need a team that can abuse the AI's biggest weakness: It doesn't switch, no matter how bad the situation it gets in.

In my case, I had a rain team, with many Pokemon to support a pretty consistent sweep. I crippled the opponent's lead with accuracy and attack/special attack drops, and then used a Roader to setup swords dance and iron defense, which I then baton passed to a sweeper. In some cases, the opponent's lead is too dangerous to even do that, but it did the trick for majority of battles, even double battles.

I'll just post my team here, just in case you don't want to figure out a technique by yourself (the order is also the slots they were in):
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2024
    You will probably need a team that can abuse the AI's biggest weakness: It doesn't switch, no matter how bad the situation it gets in.

Quoting that post was a risk because it shows the spoiler stuff. I got this team and made it up to 15. It's the Normal version.

Bubble Blooper (Drizzle): Octazooka, Ice Beam, Water Spout, Mirror Coat. Holding Berry Dew.

Metal Gear Ray (Swift Swim): Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Crabhammer, Iron Head (new replacement because Eat Lead kept missing). Choice Band.

Wisp (Levtitate): Thunder, Nasty Plot, Extrasensory, Thunder Wave. Leftovers

King Doo (Keen Eye): Psychic, Calm Mind, Tri Attack, Rain Dance (just in case). Lum Berry.

Amazy Dayzee (Natural Cure): Cheat, Giga Drain, Tri Attack, Aura Sphere. What's up with the AI having Hyper Voice on their Amazy Dayzee? Holding Berry Dew.

SDG Dragon (Levitate): Thunder, Bubblestorm, Hurricane, Dragon Pulse. Leftovers

Manekimoney

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2024
    Quoting that post was a risk because it shows the spoiler stuff. I got this team and made it up to 15. It's the Normal version.

Bubble Blooper (Drizzle): Octazooka, Ice Beam, Water Spout, Mirror Coat. Holding Berry Dew.

Metal Gear Ray (Swift Swim): Leaf Blade, Earthquake, Crabhammer, Iron Head (new replacement because Eat Lead kept missing). Choice Band.

Wisp (Levtitate): Thunder, Nasty Plot, Extrasensory, Thunder Wave. Leftovers

King Doo (Keen Eye): Psychic, Calm Mind, Tri Attack, Rain Dance (just in case). Lum Berry.

Amazy Dayzee (Natural Cure): Cheat, Giga Drain, Tri Attack, Aura Sphere. What's up with the AI having Hyper Voice on their Amazy Dayzee? Holding Berry Dew.

SDG Dragon (Levitate): Thunder, Bubblestorm, Hurricane, Dragon Pulse. Leftovers

Oops, hopefully quoting it didn't ruin too much for you...

AI having Hyper Voice on Amazy Dyz is me mixing up the Crazee Dyz and Amazy Dyz movesets, as they are similar in some cases. Oops

Here's some opinions on the team:
    While Cheat does seem great in theory, I didn't find much use for it. Sure it's a free move, but it seems I just waste time whenever I use it. Perhaps you have better use for it than I do tho.
    You can give Weather Ball to some Pokemon that learn it for a pretty busted water move, if you want to, although you already have a crapton of water moves on the team.
    Water Spout seems kind of unreliable on a slow-ish Pokemon like Bbl Blooper. Fake Out could be a nice replacement for double battles.
    Leftovers doesn't seem to do much on Wisp. It's not bulky enough to have time to recover more health than the Berry Dew does in a single proc.
    The team could benefit from a setup sweeper and a crippler (Charm/Turmult user) , as they make for a good combo, but that's up to you.

Your team seems quite good (and not too cheesy, unlike mine), I'm just not sure, how it will be able to beat the final fight with the current movesets and lineup. I'll let you experience the final fight for yourself, but it's a nut puncher, I'll say that much. If you want some hints on it, but don't want to resort to my team, just ask.

Back