• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Other hack: [SMW Hack] Super mario World Chaos

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Info:
    this is a hack of super mario world
    the popularest game in 1997 on the SNES

Story:
    Mario has returned after 2 years of helping princess peach's dad
    in dino world . on his return he finds out Bowser has once again kidnapped
    Princess peach ... (no surprise tehre) also bowser has stolen the power mario used to defeat him ... the power blocks power have been drain
    by Bowser's Drain-o-Matic 9000 xD
    Can Mario find his power again and rescue peach and the mushroom kingdom?

Features:
    Whole new mario world
    New power ups
    New starworld
    specail hidden world
    Choose Mario or luigi(to be inserted later...)
    And many others

Screens:
    Screenies.png

Accidently Cut the bottom two :(

Bugs:
    In Dank canyon 2 there are two invisible blocks but they dont do much harm
    SOme OW map events still go and screws the OverWorld up

Releases:
    None yet -.-

Credit:
    SMW central for Tutorials and resources

I made a banner :P
    SMWC.png

Add it if you like my hack :P

Last edited:

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
  • Wow you're back ^^ I'm not a big fan of Mario, but I'm glad to see another hack that isn't on Pokemon. The screens make this hack look interesting, though.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Wow you're back ^^ I'm not a big fan of Mario, but I'm glad to see another hack that isn't on Pokemon. The screens make this hack look interesting, though.

Yep! they are
    If you look carefully the one with a star activated looks like Luigi
    but its mario :3

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
    Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2023
    so, what style is this? gb, gbc, gba, nes, snes, etc.

also, it looks intresting, and fits in with the other mario games.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    Perfect, I can finally feel slightly cleverer about rating this!

1. The screenies first, I guess. The first doesn't reveal too much. I am hesitant as to the rules for SMW hacks, as screenies in game often don't give anything away (bar a little bit), compared to Pokemon. However, I will say 1 thing: The World Map needs improving. There is a tile/block thing that allows a changed from ground to water. That should be used, as what you have looks... Kinda tacky. Also, the paths look screwed at the top. And that lake in the hill needs improving (as it looks... Bad). As does the left bit of the map (the edge of the ground...).

2. Helpful hint: Luigi is Player 2, so if you can manipulate that to make Player 1 select to be Player 1 or 2 (As Mario is 1, Luigi is 2), the sprite may change. (Worked for the SMW hack, Mario Wacky World!)

3. I know that Peach being stolen works for Nintendo, but it doesn't really sound... Captivating. Other SMW hacks used humour in the intro ("Peach has been kidnapped... Again..."), so perhaps adding a slightly humourous element, or rethinking the story (Why only Peach? Why not Daisy, or a new Princess altogether, or even just add a new reason - Bowser took Mario's power, so why not have Bowser possessing the Power, splitting it into 7 bosses (new versions of the Koopalings), and Mario wanting to stop him before he releases the bosses.)

Overall, for a Mario hack, it is typical at the moment. Adding new graphics, and new elements will severely help you.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Perfect, I can finally feel slightly cleverer about rating this!

1. The screenies first, I guess. The first doesn't reveal too much. I am hesitant as to the rules for SMW hacks, as screenies in game often don't give anything away (bar a little bit), compared to Pokemon. However, I will say 1 thing: The World Map needs improving. There is a tile/block thing that allows a changed from ground to water. That should be used, as what you have looks... Kinda tacky. Also, the paths look screwed at the top. And that lake in the hill needs improving (as it looks... Bad). As does the left bit of the map (the edge of the ground...).

2. Helpful hint: Luigi is Player 2, so if you can manipulate that to make Player 1 select to be Player 1 or 2 (As Mario is 1, Luigi is 2), the sprite may change. (Worked for the SMW hack, Mario Wacky World!)

3. I know that Peach being stolen works for Nintendo, but it doesn't really sound... Captivating. Other SMW hacks used humour in the intro ("Peach has been kidnapped... Again..."), so perhaps adding a slightly humourous element, or rethinking the story (Why only Peach? Why not Daisy, or a new Princess altogether, or even just add a new reason - Bowser took Mario's power, so why not have Bowser possessing the Power, splitting it into 7 bosses (new versions of the Koopalings), and Mario wanting to stop him before he releases the bosses.)

Overall, for a Mario hack, it is typical at the moment. Adding new graphics, and new elements will severely help you.

1. New screens soon and im a making a new world map for that bit :/
    2. Hmm... Ill try that thanks buddy
    3. Hmm... I will use the bowser part (GIving you full credit) and try to think of a princess thing

humanguy2000

NSMBW hacker
    Years
  • I was doing a SMW hack a few months ago, but now I hack NSMBW. How strange. :P

Nintendork15 said:
    the power blocks power have been drain
    by Bowser's Drain-o-Matic 9000 xD
    It's a nice idea and it does make me laugh.... But it doesn't really sound.... Mario-ish.

siper x said:
    also, it looks intresting, and fits in with the other mario games.
    I agree.
    It does fit in with other Mario games.

Other stuff:
    Why don't you change the idea of Peach getting captured. Don't they do that in every game? Even if Nintendo can't be bothered to change it for once.

I'm interested in what ends up happening to this hack. I'm no expert at SMW hacking so I can't offer to help.

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    I agree with most of the people here
    :/
    Princess Peach again thats nintendos idea
    Make or get a new one
    Anyway the screens look good
    The world map has a lot of faults too

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 4, 2024
    The Drain-o-Matic 9000... Mario themed if it was an E-Gadd invention! Ooh...

Anyway, about the 2 characters, do you think it may be possible for them to have diffeent powers (not as in Jump height, but when they get a Fire Flower, maybe one could be Fire, the other... Something else? Or have you got something planned?)

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The Drain-o-Matic 9000... Mario themed if it was an E-Gadd invention! Ooh...

Anyway, about the 2 characters, do you think it may be possible for them to have diffeent powers (not as in Jump height, but when they get a Fire Flower, maybe one could be Fire, the other... Something else? Or have you got something planned?)

Hmmm.... Yes the Dom 9000 Is E-Gadds
    I was gonna have the "Yoshi house" to be E-Gadds Villa

And

Hmm... I could have luigi have a extra jump ( not height) like Kicking his feet and Like Ice flower instead of fire :/

Kininja

Where is Wally?
    Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2011
    Hmmm.... Yes the Dom 9000 Is E-Gadds
    I was gonna have the "Yoshi house" to be E-Gadds Villa

And

Hmm... I could have luigi have a extra jump ( not height) like Kicking his feet and Like Ice flower instead of fire :/

Still ... unorginal ideas

Think BIG Ninty Think Better
    Think what hasnt been thought before ;)

Back