• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen So, HeartGold, SoulSilver… whatcha getting?

Heart Gold, or Soul Silver?

• Total voters

Youji

Game Designer
Years
  • One simple and plain answer: SoulSilver
    Background: I've bought Gold when it came out, so I'll buy the other version this time. Maybe I get both^^

zerwey

:3
    Years
  • Since Soul Silver seems to be the obvious choice, I'll go with the flow and buy Silver. Just because most other people are. Or maybe because Silver is also my fav color. Hmmm....or should I be special and get Gold? o.O Decisions, decisions.

Pokedra

Retired
    Years
    • Seen Aug 21, 2016
    I'm leaning towards SoulSilver as Silver was the original one that I played :D

Bay

Years
  • I played Gold before, so I'll get SoulSilver just to try out a different version.

That, and also cause I featured a pun-loving Lugia in a parody fic I wrote long ago, so I'm going to have a field day. XD

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I plan on getting both. SoulSilver is the one I definitely want, because Silver was the one I played when G/S came out. Since back then my brother played Gold, I never had the chance to play that game, so getting HeartGold along with SoulSilver would give me a chance to play both versions for once.

Glaceon_

Here today, [i]gone tomorrow...?[/i]
    Years
  • Initially, I'm going to purchase a copy of HeartGold when it is released State-side. The reason for this is because when I started on Generation II, Gold was the first one I bought and the only one I bought of the original two Generation II games. So you could say I'm going for the nostalgia, this time around. I couldn't do that with the Generation I remakes, because they didn't release 'OceanBlue'. XD

But I opted to vote for both, because when released in the UK, I will probably purchase Soul Silver, as well. This is initially coming from my having all of the games, at current, for the most recent two Generations. XD HG/SS are no exception, because they are remakes of easily the best Pokemon games to date.

Kaneco

Chaos Elite Master
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 21, 2011
    I would definitely get SoulSilver just like I got silver almost 10 years ago. =D

Years
    • Seen May 10, 2009
    I'm a Pokemon Gold guy myself.
    So I'll get that in English, but I'm purchasing the japanese Soulsilver first.

=3

Years
  • I'm definately getting both. I'm probably going to import Soul Silver from Japan, then buy Heart Gold when it comes to the U.S. The only reason why I am getting Heart Gold in English is beacuse that was the version I played in English (I never had Silver until a couple of moths ago, though the battery in it died. Stupid GameStop, not inspecting their products before they sell them).

Asgard

Why you little...
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Aug 31, 2020
    I'll prob'ly end up getting HeartGold since my sister reeeeally wants SoulSilver. (She probably won't play otherwise xD) Plus, I've always preferred Ho-Oh's design to Lugia's.
    butsilverismysecondfavoritecolor. *cough*

Back