• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

So.. I desided to build a new Gaming Computer:

Rukario

Banned
Years
  • Well today, Monday, July 30, 2012, my new parts came in and I started on the new PC build.

Parts list:
    1 x EVGA 04G-P4-2673-KR GeForce GTX 670 Superclocked+ w/Backplate 4GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

1 x Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 3.5GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 1155 77W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics 4000 BX80637I73770K

1 x ASUS P8Z77-V DELUXE LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

2 x Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

2 x G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 16GB (2 x 8GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-1600C9D-16GXM

1 x Western Digital Caviar Black WD2002FAEX 2TB 7200 RPM 64MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive - OEM

1 x CORSAIR Professional Series HX850 (CMPSU-850HX) 850W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V 2.91 80 PLUS SILVER Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply

1 x Microsoft Windows 7 Professional SP1 64-bit - OEM

1 x Thermaltake WATER2.0 Pro Closed-Loop All In One Liquid CPU Cooler Dual 120mm PWM Fans 120x49mm Radiator CLW0216

1 x LITE-ON 12X BD-R 2X BD-RE 16X DVD+R 12X DVD-RAM 8X BD-ROM 8MB Cache SATA H/H Internal BD Writer with Nero Essential IHBS312-98

1 x Antec Three Hundred Illusion Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

2 x BYTECC Bracket-252B 2.5" Dual HDD/SSD Screwless Bracket For 3.5" Drive Bay - Blue

Here is a quick photo tour of this build for your enjoyment and comments.

The parts all still in their packages.

The Corsair 850W modular PSU installed.

The Asus P8Z77 Deluxe motherboard mounted, ready to run power connections.

SSD and HDDs are mounted and connections run

BD / DVD drive installed, ready to add water cooler.

Installing CPU part of water cooler completed, attaching fans to radiator.

Water cooler radiator installed and fans connected. Ram and evga gtx670 OCd video card added and power connections made. Time to dress cables and wires.

Almost done, a few cables left to route and so on.

Finished build, side panels back on - smoke test and OS install on Tuesday

TSS_Killer

The (6) Train BCCS Owner
    Years
  • Very nice. I recently resurrected an IBM (Lenovo) Thinkpad X60s I bought from eBay and popped in 3GB of RAM and one of those 128GB Crucial M4 SSDs. It's now quick and useful for my line of work.

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    After seeing you spend $2300 on a desktop there's only one thing I've got to ask... You can set the render distance to "Far" on Minecraft right?

I'm pretty sure that even a Core 2 Quad and a 9800 GTX+ can do it.

Years
  • After seeing you spend $2300 on a desktop there's only one thing I've got to ask... You can set the render distance to "Far" on Minecraft right?

To get the best of out Minecraft, you want to be running 64-bit Java with raised memory limits. At least, that's how it used to be.

That's a really gutsy rig. I personally would have put so much cool gear in a nicer case, but if you just want something solid and subtle, the 300 will do the trick.

Are the SSDs in RAID0 or just separate drives? Because 1GB/s read/write at the top end would be pretty nice. Also, that 8-pin EPS power plug could be run up behind the GPU and radiator if you want to keep things tidy. :D

Back