• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Some event help please?

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    So I'm trying to practice with some events and a few things keep going wrong and I don't know what.
    One of them is I'm trying to do a Add Pokémon event where there's a Pokeball on the floor and you pick it up and get a Pokémon, I copied the script down exactly how it should go off of the tutorials, but for some reason the Pokeball doesn't show up, it's not invisible or anything it's just not there.
    Second, the same exact thing is happening with a wild pokemon event battle that I'm doing, it's with a Slowbro and the Pokémon sprite isn't there for me to interact with.
    Third, I'm trying to do a give item event so I can get Pokeballs to catch the slowbro, but it keeps on saying error right before he hands me the Pokeballs. I've tried editing the script in several different ways but nothing seems to work.
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    For Question #1
    Did you make sure any switches that would cause the event to "disappear" are turned off? To my knowledge, the default pokeball events turn themselves off after a particular global switch is on. Better yet, show me a screenshot of the event page so I can easily pinpoint your problem.

For Question #2
    You mean the overworld sprite, correct? Again, check your switches to make sure nothing is causing it to vanish.

For Question #3
    The correct code is this:
    Code:
    Kernel.pbReceiveItem(PBItems::POKEBALL,10)
    You forgot the "Kernel." part. That one should be easy to fix!

Years
    • Seen Jan 8, 2017
    Okay so I uploaded all of the errors as well as their scripts.

The slowbro and Pokeball being invisible I fixed, on one of the tutorials I saw it said to leave a blank page or the second page in order for events that disappear afterwards to work. As for the man giving you pokeballs, that doesn't work either. I posted the script for the slowbro event battle as well as the man giving the pokeballs. I also posted the error messages I get.
    Also, the give pokemon from the pokeball script works fine, except the pokeball doesn't disappear ater the player picks it up, I can just keep on getting the pokemon. That script is here as well.

Years
    • Seen Dec 28, 2016
    You have is spelledpbEildBattle when it should be pbWildBattle Try that! and for the item I had this problem too you literally have to type it like this
    Script.Kernel.pbRecieveItem(
    PBItems::pokeball,10)

Hopefully with all that your problems should be fixed :)

Edit: And are your events re-occurring or do they disappear after they've been activated?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    In addition to what Mike'n'Ike said, the problem I notice right off the bat with your slowbro and pokeball event pages is that while you turn on Self Switch A, you don't specify what happens when that self switch is on. Therefore, the game will endlessly repeat the commands.

To solve this, do one of the following:

1) Embed everything you have in your slowbro and pokeball in a conditional branch. This branch should check whether a self switch (in this case, "A") is on, and checkmark the line of text that says "set handling when conditions don't apply." This will create a conditional branch with a field that says "Else." Put your codes under that "else" line, and make sure everything you want to do is ended by the "control self switch = A" command. Leave the box above it blank. Testing this event, it should not repeat itself after your first interaction with it, because now that event's self switch is turned on.

2) This option is better for events which need to completely change or "disappear" (as you want). Here, you can keep the code exactly how it is in your screens. Now, however, you should create a new page by clicking the "new event page" button along the top. Make sure the graphics are set to nothing (it will be like this by default) and under the box that says "conditions", checkmark the line that says "self switch" and select "A" to give that blank event page priority once a switch is on. All you do from there is hit okay and your problem should be solved.

Keep in mind, a lot of the questions you ask are relatively basic knowledge of RPG Maker itself. I recommend reading the help file that comes with the program, and also searching for tutorials on how to get started with the engine. The good thing about this maker, though, is that it's relatively easy to pick up, so you won't waste a lot of time trying to learn how to use it.

Back