• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Yellow hack: Spark Yellow

PiaCRT

Orange Dev
Years
  • Just giving an update in the creator's stead, as I've spoken with him privately. He's been stuck in Italy for a couple months now due to the coronavirus, so as soon as the airports are open again he can go home.

Years
    • Seen Sep 27, 2023
    Has anyone at all been able to actually build this? Went through all the trouble just for this-
    $ make
    python: can't open file 'extras/pokemontools/scan_includes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    python: can't open file 'extras/pokemontools/scan_includes.py': [Errno 2] No such file or directory
    rgbasm -h -o audio.o audio.asm
    ERROR: audio.asm(670):
    Error opening INCBIN file 'gfx/surfing_pikachu_1a.2bpp': No such file or directory
    make: *** [Makefile:42: audio.o] Error 1

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Encountering same errors !
    Trying to compile on Linux ARM.
    Any idea ?

Years
  • This looks like an awesome Yellow mod, which is my second favorite Pokemon game (after Crystal Version). I know the maker has been delayed due to corona, but will eagerly await the release. Quick question: Any post game added? My main issue with the Gen I games was the lack of any post game, would love an implementation of anything extra.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Agreed ! Really looking forward having some news from you @SteppoloN ! Exactly the kind of Rom Hack I am looking for atm. :)
    Keep up the good work. ✊

Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Cant Wait for this hack it looks really awesome because of the screenshots and great its gonna be a patch and not something you have to assemble by yourself🙂

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Yeah I agree ! Screenshots look amazing, never seen Kanto like this on Gen 1 !
    About the patch, the author wait for the hack to be mature enough.

Does anybody have any news about the author ?
    Does the author read us ?

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Yeah I agree ! Screenshots look amazing, never seen Kanto like this on Gen 1 !
    About the patch, the author wait for the hack to be mature enough.

Does anybody have any news about the author ?
    Does the author read us ?

Last we heard from the creator, the hack was delayed because of COVID and him being stuck in another country.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2023
    Thanks for answering Inner Rhymes !
    Hope he's doing well. Let's wait & see.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    Guess not? kind of a shame if so, it really would be the definitive upgrade to regular Pokémon yellow. it looks that good.

Years
    • Seen Nov 9, 2023
    Guess not? kind of a shame if so, it really would be the definitive upgrade to regular Pokémon yellow. it looks that good.

That would be an extreme amount of work, would require rebuilding maps for an entire separate region, adding gen 2 moves, and making new sprites for all the 100 pokemon added in gen 2.

Keep in mind the large maps they've already posted are just for 1 cave, a city/town, and a few routes, adding johto, plus all the events needed, would be like 10x the work to make those maps, at least.

Years
    • Seen Sep 23, 2023
    My bad, wasn't talking about the Johto comment. More to the project being silent. Asked if the project was still active earlier and didn't see any confirmation for either direction.

Back