• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spark's Adventures in Kanto [Log Style]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electric

Kanto Champion;Battling Ranger
    Years
    Spark is a young trainer who receives his starter at age 12, he then begins his journey and records his adventures in his log book, which we are going to be reading, im your host, Spark's Pichu, when he is asleep, I will read it for you!

Issue's!:
    1: Beginning of a great Journey.

Electric

Kanto Champion;Battling Ranger
    Years
    Okay, it was just an ordinary day, I ran home like every other day, I was going home from trainer school, I was starting my journey the next day, wearing my blue jumper and black shorts, I styled my red and black hate facing backwards, I was so excited, I sprinted faster and faster every second, arriving home pushed the door open and threw my bag on the ground, as I raced upstairs to get changed.

Laying on my bed was some new clothes, I checked them out, there was a red jacket with black arm coverings, that went down half way. A new pair of blue jeans, and a new hat! I had always loved hats, so I took of my hat, to reveal my messy black hair, and placed it on my hat shelf on the wall, that held all of my past hats, I placed my hat on my head as I turned it around, I looked cooler than ever, I removed my shoes and walked downstairs, as I heard a loud shout!

Surprise!!!!

I walked over into the direction of my mum, and asked her...
    Spark said:
    Why did you throw me a party mum
    Mum said:
    Because your leaving, we even got you some presents, if you want to open them go ahead
    Spark said:
    Okay then.

I had a annoyed expression on my face, but I walked over and grabbed the smallest present there. It said from prof. oak., I ripped the paper, to find a box, I then opened the box to reveal 5 pokeballs and a Pokedex V (A blue and more updated version of the pokedex in FR/LG), I was excited, as my eyes widened, and I looked up at oak.

Spark said:
    Thanks so much Oak! You've been really nice to me all my life.
    Prof. Oak said:
    Its fine, really.

I moved to more presents, receing 3 potions on one, a new bag, new running shoes and then from my dad a pokegear. It was going good so far, then my brother (Wave), the champion, stepped up to me, with mum by his side.

Wave said:
    This is from us.

He handed a pokeball to me, as I took it with pleasure, it was gold and silver, a one of a kind pokeball. I opened it, as a white light flashed, to see none other but a pichu!

Spark said:
    Eghh, PICHU! Wow, thanks so much.

I thanked everyone, and as the party ended I wrote this, well its time to sleep now, me and pichu are going to bed, night.

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Someone didn't read the rules.

They state that the first post must contain a part of the story. Which you don't have. Allow me to smack a strike against you.

Secondly, what the frell is up with the quotation boxes? That is a first for fics. Not to mention that it is exceptionally odd to see.

But I'm bored, so let me point out other amusing things.

Firstly, can I say "Run-on sentence"? Those first two sentences are rather long. The full stop is not some sort of endangered species, I can tell you that. They aren't a vicious breed of punctuation either, so you can use them without fear.

Okay, it was just an ordinary day, I ran home like every other day,
    We get it. It's just an ordinary day like every other day.

wearing my blue jumper and black shorts,
    Since we're all not Brits here, explain more about the jumper. Is it the sweater variety, or the dress variety?

I styled my red and black hate facing backwards
    Feelings come in colors now? I'm sure that you mean "hat".

A new pair of blue jeans, and a new hat!
    Oh hurrah! A short sentence! But sorry to shoot your hopes down, because that is a sentence fragment. It's incomplete. Verbs are awesome, by the way.

so I took of my hat
    "Took of"? I'm sure you mean "off".

, I placed my hat on my head as I turned it around
    So wait, he/she/it can turn his/her/its head around? Awesome.

You might want to clarify what it is he/she/it is turning around by rewording that sentence.

And I find it funny that the main character didn't notice a large pile of presents, decorations, Prof. Oak chilling in his/her/its house?

And why would Oak specifically swing by to help your character? Oak's a busy man, and he's not going to single out one trainer in Pallet Town to help out. Unless Pallet's supply of people eligible to become trainers has fallen to a seriously low amount, like one person.

Why did you throw me a party mum
    What is a "party mum" and how far can you throw it?

"Why did you throw me a party, Mum?"

your leaving
    My leaving? My leaving what?

You mean "you're", which is the contraction of "you are".

I had a annoyed expression on my face,
    Why would a ten/twelve/thirty-five/one-thousand-and-four year old hate being the center of attention? You didn't give us anything of the character's feelings here, so readers are left to wonder why he/she/it is so annoyed at getting free stuff.

Thanks so much Oak! You've been really nice to me all my life.
    For no reason than I'm the main character and I haven't done anything to gain all this attention, and I'm special!

Really, why is Oak paying so much attention to your character? Or does the fate of the world rest on the shoulders of the main character and Oak knows that?

receing 3 potions on one
    "receiving three potions in one"

-use spell-check
    -write out numbers below 100

then my brother (Wave), the champion,
    Oh ho ho ho... So your character is related to the champion of the Pokemon League, which means that he/she/it is even more special. But that's not all.

it was gold and silver, a one of a kind pokeball
    He/she/it gets a rare one-of-a-kind Pokéball, with what we can only assume to have a rare one-of-a-kind Pichu inside!

Okay, your character is coming off as a major perfect character. Oak has special attention in he/she/it, there's the relation to the champion of the Pokemon League, and there's the uber-rare Pokéball that probably carries what will be an uber-rare Pichu with some special attack.

There's also the basic formatting issues. Read the rules, read the stickied writing guides in the Lounge, read other fics in this section. This will help you get an idea of what quality I'm looking for here.

And I saw that you wrote this in the reply box. Which is even more sad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back