• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spectacles.

Do you wear spectacles?

• Yes

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • No

Votes: 4 26.7%

• Total voters

killer-curry

Oro.........?
Years
  • So how many of you are wearing spectacles?

Well, as far as I know most of my friends had spectacles and almost 75 percent of my school students are wearing them. I could have concern that people have getting eyesight problem at younger age.

I do wear them because I got sight dispersion, the problem was getting worse and I less likely to look at the phone too much.

Years
  • Yup, and I need to update my prescription actually. I have extremely poor eyesight and am so badly short sighted that I can only see detail within an extremely short distance away from myself without them. My eyes degenerated very rapidly between the ages of eight and fifteen but have since slowed down a lot thankfully, although they're still gradually getting worse.

Altius

Flygon Fan
    Years
  • My eyesight is quite bad, and I do have astigmatism.

I can do without glasses for awhile, but everything will be a blurry mess.

pkmin3033

I've been wearing glasses since I was eleven...I can't even stand the thought of screwing around with my eyes to put contacts in, so those have never been an option. Without them I can't make out much beyond a few feet. My most recent eye test, early last year, revealed my eyesight had someone gotten better though, so I needed a slight adjustment to my prescription. Nowhere near not needing them, though.

Years
  • I forget how long I've actually needed glasses. I think since I was ten or eleven? But in the early years, I used to be stubborn about wearing them and would only equip them when necessary. (Reading music in Orchestra class, reading notes teachers write on the blackboard, etc.) For many years now, I always wear my glasses when I'm out of the house because it's just convenient to be able to see things clearly no matter how far away they are at all times. My peers used to say I should get contacts or whatever, but I have never even considered trying those. I like wearing my glasses, you know! They have a metallic purple frame and not only do I see them as a functional item, but also a cute accessory in general. While at home, I generally don't wear my glasses when doing stuff like reading, using the computer, or playing games on a portable console. But I need them to watch TV and play games that are displayed on the TV. Sometimes I just put them on while doing manual labor of some sort too since I feel more comfortable with them on sometimes, even though I can see enough to do pretty much anything without glasses but driving and reading things that are far away. I haven't been to an eye doctor in several years, so I'm not sure if my prescription needs updating or not. But my glasses still work fine, I think.

EC

Years
    • he/him
    • Seen Jul 1, 2022
    Have worn glasses since the 4th grade. Could never do contacts. I know I'd screw it up in some way and go blind for the day.

Fannie

Don't let my milk go lumpy
    Years
    • Age 32
    • UK
    • Seen Dec 31, 2016
    I can't even stand the thought of screwing around with my eyes to put contacts in

Watching someone do that makes me squirm. I just can't.

I'm meant to wear glasses really but I can get by without. I'd need to wear them if I drove though.

Margot

some things are that simple
    Years
    • they/he
    • Seen Apr 16, 2022
    I wear my glasses when: I'm working bc staring at a screen for like 10 hours a day gives me a massive headache, when I'm driving (I legally have to), when I'm watching TV/playing a game or reading.

Otherwise I don't, they bother me for some reason.

Years
  • Been wearing them since around the time I was eight years old. I don't know the details of exactly how bad my eyes are (I saw the numbers once, but I don't remember what they were and they've surely changed since I saw them), but...they're pretty bad. Very nearsighted.

I mean, I guess I could switch to contacts, but I've never had any interest in doing so. Plus, after this long with wearing glasses, it would seem very odd to suddenly not have them anymore.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Oops, this thread reminded me of that I should wear glasses while looking at a computer screen. *scrambles*

Years
  • Plus, after this long with wearing glasses, it would seem very odd to suddenly not have them anymore.

So much this. When I remove my glasses before dancing I constantly go to adjust them only to find them not there. Even though everything is blurry as all hell and I can't see detail on anything more than like 40cm in front of me. It's just a habit haha

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen yesterday
    I've been wearing glasses since I was about four-years-old. It's a bad mix of genetics for me when it comes to eyesight. I need to wear mine because I'm extremely near-sighted, so I have to wear my glasses every minute of every day.

Which is fine, because I find I look much better wearing glasses than not having them on. That's one reason why I don't want contacts. The other reason is because the thought of putting anything on my eyes gives me weird thoughts about my eye coming away like cottage cheese.

Omicron

the day was mine
    Years
  • I'm glasses.

I've been wearing mine since second grade. Hopefully I'll get eye surgery soon so I won't need them. I like how I look without them more than with them and my eyesight isn't as bad as to not see anything without them, which makes them more of a nuisance really.

Years
  • Been wearing them since I was about 12 probably needed them since about 10, spent a few years trying to convince myself I didn't need them until the teachers started to notice I couldnt read the board. I can see well enough to not walk into stuff without them but I cant read anything thats more a couple feet away.

Aurora

seven years here and i finally figure out how to d
    Years
  • I have really bad shortsightedness which has been getting worse since I was five, so I am beset with wearing glasses. I've been looking into contacts / laser eye surgery, though. One makes it less obvious that I'm horribly myopic while the other solves the problem completely!

Years
    • Seen Jul 2, 2023
    I wear contacts most of the time, and glasses in the evenings or when my eyes are feeling tired. My eyesight declined a lot later than I expected it to, around age 13-14. My parents both have terrible eyesight, and always told me that I would need glasses, but my vision held out a lot longer than theirs did, so I was disappointed, when it finally got worse and I needed vision correction.

Growing up, I felt like not that many people wore glasses/contacts. However, once I got to college, I found that almost everyone had bad eyesight. I think I met maybe five people total in all of undergrad who had 20/20 vision. In high school, I used to only wear contacts, in part because I didn't want people to know I had gotten glasses (since I got contacts first) and in part because my contact prescription was more accurate than my glasses prescription. Since having an eye infection for overuse, though, I've gotten a lot more cautious about my contact use.

Back