• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Completed Speed Art Challenge 3.0 Let's heat things up!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Welcome everyone to Speed Art Challenge 3.0 Let's heat things up.
    In this challenge you will draw as fast as you can a Pokémon.

Here are the rules:

1. A Pokémon will be assigned to you (You will sometimes either be able to select your Pokémon or an ally or rival will select the Pokémon for you).
    2. You will draw that Pokémon 3 times within a certain time limit.
    3. You will create a compilation of all 3 with a theme/tittle and a small description.
    4. You will submit your final creation in Discord the main thread for everyone to be able to see them and like your posts.
    5. Once submitted, your creation will accumulate likes/emoticons until the final day of GT.
    You can be as creative as you can and be as original as possible. Do not copy artwork from other sources. You can use references.
    You can add color and shades if you have enough time for it but remember that the Pokémon has to be recognizable.

You can be as creative as you can and be as original as possible. Do not copy artwork from other sources. You can use references.
    You can add color and shades if you have enough time for it but remember that the Pokémon has to be recognizable.
    You can draw using any method you have available like paint or similar programs. You can even draw with your hand using real life paper, pen, pencils and color pencils. (In the later case take a photo and post it in the channel used for the event).

There will be a secret bonus round, if successfully completed, it will grant extra points (only once). They can be posted on Discord but they won't accumulate likes/emoticons. Participation for the bonus round is optional.

Time limits:

First part 30 minutes
    Second part 3 minutes
    Third part 30 seconds

Fourth part (compilation) 1 - 5 minute(s)

Changed to reverse format as per participants request.

First part: 30 seconds
    Second part: 3 minutes
    Third part: 30 minutes

Participation Points per-round: 5 points
    Successfully completing all tasks grants 20 points. 10 points
    Secret Bonus - 20 points and a wild card of your choice. (not enough participants)
    Bonus points per likes/emoticons
    Bonus points for the artwork with most likes/emoticons - 50 points 25 points
    Voting sessions extended till the last day of the GT. (closing on Sunday). (Closing on Saturday after last speed art round).

Battle items:
    Players choice.
    Battle items cannot be repeated in consecutive rounds – cooldown of 1 round. (for example; if you used X ATTACK in the first round, you can't use it again until the 3rd round, but you can use any other battle item).

Battle items list:

Spoiler:

Wild cards:

Lottery: Some will win wild cards; others will not win any wild card. Once per week.
    Like Supporter cards in the Pokémon TCG, can only be used once. Their effects only last for 1 round.

Wild cards list:

Spoiler:

Round themes:

Spoiler:

Round rules:

May vary and can bypass held items effects. (Random per round)

Some of the possible rules could be:

Spoiler:

Held items:

Lottery: Everyone is guaranteed a held item, but is random.

Held items list:

Spoiler:

Turn order:

1. Wild card: can be used at any moment as long as it's effect can still be applied. Once drawing starts, wild cards can't be used.

2. Quick claw and Lagging tail roll a dice, if successful they go first or last respectively.

3. Order of participants randomly selected per round. (Exceptions: Wild card effect, quick claw and lagging tail).

4. Pokémon selection:

Participants must say if they have a held item equipped to apply their effects.

Possible outcomes:

4.1. Each participant chooses their Pokémon from the list (cannot choose a Pokémon already taken).
    4.2. Random selection
    4.3. Your rival/ally select the Pokémon for you.

5. Battle Items:
    Switch or protect your Pokémon.
    Increase or decrease round timer.
    Turn order based on participants turn order.

6. Drawing starts.

7. Post creation on Discord platform and PC.

Time of the event:
    Rounds every Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday. 10:00 PM EST

PC GT Discord server
    GT VC1
    gt-voicechat-2

PC name:
    Discord name:
    Favorite flavor: (to let us know that you have read all the rules write: "Golden Vanilla")
    Team:
    Battle item for your first round:

Participants list and active held item:

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    I think I got this

PC name: Shooting Star
    Discord name: shoot#9297 (nickname is Shooting Star in PC server)
    Favorite flavor: Golden Vanilla
    Team: Shackled Arqueros (Pink Decidueyes)
    Battle item for your first round: let's go with ... X Attack

Also, are you sure the time deltas for the X-Speed and X-Acc are right?
    It seems like you're adding / removing a lot of time from the short bursts and only a little time to the long ones

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I think I got this

PC name: Shooting Star
    Discord name: shoot#9297 (nickname is Shooting Star in PC server)
    Team: Shackled Arqueros (Pink Decidueyes)
    Battle item for your first round: let's go with ... X Attack

Also, are you sure the time deltas for the X-Speed and X-Acc are right?
    It seems like you're adding / removing a lot of time from the short bursts and only a little time to the long ones

Hi, I'll add you to the list in a few.

Yes, they are correct since I chose them arbitrarily to give a little more flexibility than using percentages. Everyone perceives time differently. It's like doing an exam and you ask your teacher to give you more time to finish because you want a good grade or when you have a teacher that shortens the time because a student finished early.

For example, consider the 30 seconds part a quiz, using x speed is like being the student that finishes first in 15 - 20 seconds and then the teacher tells everyone they have 5 seconds to give their quizes or they will fail the quiz, and using an x accuracy would be like when students ask their teacher for a few extra seconds. For the longer parts would be like either a small test or a long test and x speed would be like ending the test a little earlier or using and x acc extending the test a little more.

Consider x speed the strict teacher and the x acc the flexible teacher.

I could consider changing it to actual percentages like decrease / increase time in 10% for both items and it would be for the first part either adding or substracting 3 minutes, for the second part would only add or reduce 18 seconds and the third part 3 seconds.

PD: In an alternate timeline I may have made those 2 items extremely broken like earthquake / psychic type were in gen 1. 😊

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    The First Round of Speed Art Challenge is tonight at 10:00 PM EST.

Remember to sign up before the first round starts.

Need more info about what to do in the event?

You can search videos with the tittle "Speed Drawing Challenge". The event is easy, don't worry. 😉

Any questions or doubts you may have you can PM or DM me and I will gladly answer them. Have a nice day everyone 😊.

Years
  • I've got an appointment at the scheduled time so I won't be able to pop by for this one, but hoping I'll be able to make some of the next ones! Always loved this event from previous years. <3

PC name: Sheep
    Discord name: Sheep#0926
    Team: Arqueros
    Battle item for your first round: Choice Scarf

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    I've got an appointment at the scheduled time so I won't be able to pop by for this one, but hoping I'll be able to make some of the next ones! Always loved this event from previous years. <3

PC name: Sheep
    Discord name: Sheep#0926
    Team: Arqueros
    Battle item for your first round: Choice Scarf

Hi, how are you doing? Hope everything is ok.
    No worries, hope everything goes excellent with your appointment.
    Glad to hear you like the event. Thanks 😀. I'll do my best for everyone to have a good time.
    Hope to see you in the next rounds. Have a good day. 😊

Last edited:

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    The 1st round of Speed Art Challenge will start in 1h from now. You still have time to sign up and participate.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • PC name: TwilightBlade
    Discord name: Lilith
    Team: Decidueye
    Battle item for your first round: X Def

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Round 1

Speed Art Challenge 3.0 Let's heat things up!

That was fun, although I kinda miss last year's format where we started with smaller formats and grew in time.
    Having to downscale your vision isn't fun, although I guess that's kinda the original point

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    It's ok, I understand. I tried the format the challenge was originally created to see if people liked it better than the reverse format I decided to use the first time I hosted the event.
    I also preffer the reverse format so starting from next round I'll be using the reverse format.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • This was fun as I haven't done any kind of digital art in probably a decade. Here was my attempt at Rowlet.
    Speed Art Challenge 3.0 Let's heat things up!

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
    Years
    • Seen Apr 6, 2024
    Speed Art Challenge has concluded

Points are the following:

Spoiler:

Total:
    Spoiler:

Thanks for participating and enjoy the rest of the GT​

Back