• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Speed's our only friend!

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Speed's our only friend!

The Black Empoleon

...yeah really, couldn't you come up with a better name for them, Game Freak? Oh wait, we get a choice of the names!

On Friday night in Unova, when you visit Tubeline Bridge, you'll see a biking group called "The Black Empoleon". You'll get to battle two different bikers, as well as see bikers basically everywhere else over the bridge. And when you battle the leader, it takes the name of the Pokemon at the front of your party, so for example, for me, since Audino was at the front of my party, they became "The Black Audino".

→ Have you come across this biking group yet? Do you think there would have been potential for them to be a "side" evil team aka FR/LG style?

→ Do you like the idea that they rename their team after your lead Pokemon? And would've you preferred if they either originally came up with a good "team" name rather than taking yours?

→ If you've battled them, what's the team named in your game?

→ Do you think they were thrown in just to give Tubeline more of a purpose?

tkallab

Should have been in Dissidia
    Years
    Can't say I've ever met them, I kind of stopped playing after I beat the league once. I admit I kinda like the idea of them naming themselves after my Pokémon, it has the same ring to it as the Pokémon Trainer Fan Club in Hoenn. I suppose they could have made their own name, and taking your Pokémon for their name seems gimmicky, but I figure, if they didn't, they would be just another pair of trainers and this thread wouldn't even be here.
    So yeah, seems like a nice idea. If I ever get around to meeting them, I'll call them The Black Charizards.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
    Years
    I've never met them to be honest, i have only beaten the first Elite 4 run through and I just quickly scooted around the rest of Unova; so basically I don't really have the motivation nor interest to pick the game up again to find these and explore more. But, I think it's a good idea, and I love the sound of them taking your team name, though however I do think its just trying to make Tubeline interesting. :x

Years
    I've met them, forced them into renaming themselves 'Black Serperior', and all I know is that the woman on that bridge lied because FIRDAY EVENING IS NOT A WEEKEND EVENING, DAMMIT.
    I spent a weekend trying to find those guys whilst I was away from home, only to get back home, look it up, and find out they were there on Fridays (prior to that I knew nothing about them other than what the woman said, you see)

I suppose that it would have been cool if you could battle more of them, and had to actually make your way through to their leader, and the pokemon you used most in the battles was the name they took. Or if they started calling you that. That'd be cool.

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016

→ Have you come across this biking group yet? Do you think there would have been potential for them to be a "side" evil team aka FR/LG style?
    Well, I like them where they are to be honest, they remind me of the bikers in R/G/B/Y/FR/LG.

→ Do you like the idea that they rename their team after your lead Pokemon? And would've you preferred if they either originally came up with a good "team" name rather than taking yours?
    I think it's a fun addition.

Team Black Simisear.

No. The tubeline already had a ghetsis appearence n' it being one of the bridges of unova n' all that jazz.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
    Years
    I have come across then by accident one time while I was making my way to Route 9 mall. I don't really see them as being a crime syndicate. They seem more like the Kanto Bike Bridge sort of group to me, mainly because they have no real goal in mind. I would of rather them have a good, set name rather then stealing my Pokemon's, 'the black ...' doesn't sound good, especially when it is paired with something like Reshiram or Togetic. I got them to be named the Black Vaporeon of course. Yeah, they were just there to give the Tubeline a reason for existing.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I didn't even know about this until I read this thread, I think that they can be a side evil team....its a gang

I actually find that a bit creepy; as if they are stalking me in a way. They should have came up with a team name other than copying my frontliner Pokemon

Possiblily, the village bridge has a purpose (the houses), Drifveil and Marvelous have the dropping of wings as a common thing, so the Pokemon company probably didn't want to leave Tubeline out

:t354:TG

Scat Away

Screws the Rules
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2011
    yeah, i ran into those guys before, and maybe, but not really thinking deeply about that

perhaps, but its fun to run into them just for kicks

a lot of names, Black Liepard, Black Emolga, Black Samurott, and most recently, The Black Excadrill

hmm, probably

Kevin

kevin del rey
    Years
    Yes, I was on Bulbapedia looking for a TM apparently on the certain day, so when I went their I was disappointed to see all the bikers. I did find my way around though.

Yes, especially if it's a weak Pokemon.

Muahaha they're called Team Jirachi now. Serves them right.

I don't really know, but I guess so. But I like they did add that.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
    i liked battleing them. plus i gave them a name that was a bit more menacing then Empoleon. now they go by the name the black krookodile.

Years
    I battled them with my emboar in the lead( they ride hogs an are now named after a hog, seemed only fitting)
    I would have liked them to have more of a purpose..like if you beat them before you fought N an Ghetsis, they would come in an help you battle the plasma minions.

As it stands I would have rather gamefreak use the memory it took for the bike gang an replaced it with a shiny pokemon( I.e. lake of rage gyaradoes) that only appears on a certain day. Though I am biased to shiny pokemon:)

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Well, I decided to battle them with my then-trainee Druddigon. They ended up renaming themselves as "The Black Druddigon". Well... I don't know about that one, but to me, it's just about the same...

cazzler

Feraligatr FtW!
    Years
    Yeah I've come across them, I don't think they could be, there just a minor nuisance.

→ Do you like the idea that they rename their team after your Pokemon? And would've you preferred if they either originally came up with a good "team" name rather than taking yours?
    I thought it was creative that they would rename their team with your Pokemon.

→ If you've battled them, what's the team named in your
    game?
    Feraligatr

I think so, I also think they should have visited other bridges causing mischief and what not.

Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2012
    →Have you come across this biking group yet? Do you think there would have been potential for them to be a "side" evil team aka FR/LG style?
    I won't like that, team plasma made up most of the story

→ Do you like the idea that they rename their team after your Pokemon? And would've you preferred if they either originally came up with a good "team" name rather than taking yours?
    I'd prefer them not doing it but since they did, you can make jokes because of their low intelligence

"Reshiram"

Yes

Pyrax

Midnight Guest
    Years
    • he/him
    • UK
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    →Have you come across this biking group yet??
    Eeyup, I've battled them a couple of times before.

Meh, it's hilarious if you put a weak pokémon on the first slot of your team before you battle them, 'cos then they would change their name to something like "Black Magikarp" or "Black Igglybuff".

In order: "Black Serperior", "Black Charizard" (ooh, shiny Charizard! :D), "Black Swablu", and "Black Camerupt" (the funny thing is, my Camerupt IS shiny).

→ Do you think they were thrown in just to give Tubeline more of a purpose? Do you think there would have been potential for them to be a "side" evil team aka FR/LG style
    I would've preferred if they were part of a minor sidequest the first time you encounter them, similar to the bikers on Three Island in FRLG.

Last edited:

hiff8

Gotta Derp em all
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2015
    Ive met them and found them rather irrelevant and dumb the only thing i liked about them was that they named there group black accelgor. :3 though i thought they would have had some special shiny black empolion that would have been kool

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    I've met them, forced them into renaming themselves 'Black Serperior', and all I know is that the woman on that bridge lied because FIRDAY EVENING IS NOT A WEEKEND EVENING, DAMMIT.
    I spent a weekend trying to find those guys whilst I was away from home, only to get back home, look it up, and find out they were there on Fridays (prior to that I knew nothing about them other than what the woman said, you see)

I suppose that it would have been cool if you could battle more of them, and had to actually make your way through to their leader, and the pokemon you used most in the battles was the name they took. Or if they started calling you that. That'd be cool.
    I did the same thing...lady doesn't know her days...
    Only i never bothered to looked them up and instead saw them by accident.
    First I renamed them Black Fraxure then recently they changed their names to Black Emboar.
    They could've made them toughter

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
    I wonder... Do they name themselves after the species or whatever you;ve named it?

Back