• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Splatoon!

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
Years
  • Yeah, that three pack is gonna be the only way (as far as we know) to get that Squid Amiibo. I wanted that, but someone nabbed our only three packs. :( I'm just happy to at least have the girl. lol

Yeah, they went crazy quick. After ordering mine and a bit of fanboyish celebration, I went back to its page and saw that all the Amazon ones were gone. I agree, though, that the girl Inkling is something to be happy about, it's my favorite of the three.

It's a bit off topic, but what were the state of the silver Marios in places any of you went to pick up your amiibo? I was surprised that the Gamestop I go to had a decent stock of them, and I went at around 6pm.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • right now, i'm currently level 9 in splatoon. my bf beat the story mode and i'm only 3 levels away from the story mode. my main weapon is the splat roller. the hype is real.

oh and we are still waiting for the package to arrive in the mail from gamestop of the 3 pack splatoon amiibos<3

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    the paint roller makes me want to cry. T_T so op.

hi i'm also playing Splatoon! my main gun is called splattershot i think and i'm really digging it. i've gotten pretty good at aiming bombs and gettin around in ink. :'D

i seriously love the ability to swim in and "climb" with our ink. the possibilities and frantic escapes are amazing.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Yeah, they went crazy quick. After ordering mine and a bit of fanboyish celebration, I went back to its page and saw that all the Amazon ones were gone. I agree, though, that the girl Inkling is something to be happy about, it's my favorite of the three.

It's a bit off topic, but what were the state of the silver Marios in places any of you went to pick up your amiibo? I was surprised that the Gamestop I go to had a decent stock of them, and I went at around 6pm.

Yeah, someone that was sitting outside the store picked up our only Splatoon trio. And the Silver Marios I don't think will be as easy to sell because everyone just wants the gold one, haha. We had six when we started off yesterday morning and when I left at 2, we still had six. But I go in tonight too, so I'll let you know where we're at after a whole day has passed. :P

Anyway, finally got to level 4 and was able to purchase a roller. That thing is Jesus. Finally starting to win some matches! I still need to play more of the one player mode, but I'm not even gonna lie. I'm a huge level whore. I can't resist playing modes that will give me experience and money and yeah lol.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • the paint roller makes me want to cry. T_T so op.

hi i'm also playing Splatoon! my main gun is called splattershot i think and i'm really digging it. i've gotten pretty good at aiming bombs and gettin around in ink. :'D

i seriously love the ability to swim in and "climb" with our ink. the possibilities and frantic escapes are amazing.

i think that's why i love the paint roller xD i have the one that has the special "kraken" that turns me into a different squid and i can swim around and make paint trails ^_^.

Morkula

[b][color=#356F93]Get in the Game[/color][/b]
    Years
  • I did the unthinkable and actually bought the three pack of Splatoon Amiibos last night when they went up on Amazon. It'll be the first Amiibos I've bought, and really the only reason I got them was because I thought they looked much better than the Smash ones and are probably going to be fairly hard to get - especially the squid.

I'm probably going to pick the game up Sunday, so I'll at least have the Amiibo-gated content available to me when they come in next week.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • yeah our three pack splatoon amiibos should come in on monday. i just spent the day trying to get 30k to get my gas mask. i look kind of scary :3 i'm level 12 now.

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • i think that's why i love the paint roller xD i have the one that has the special "kraken" that turns me into a different squid and i can swim around and make paint trails ^_^.
    Oh yes, that one is great when you figure out how to time it. Spend a while building up the special (easy because that just means painting the ground near your base), then head to a choke point and RELEASE THE KRAKEN in everyone's faces. It's faster than retreating players as well, and even good for making a hasty retreat. Meanwhile lay down those extra teleport points (I think corners/hidden sections near the middle or the enemy's base is better) and hope your team actually bothers to use them when needed... Rollers do need some support because you're a sitting duck otherwise, but I guess that's the point of the game - team play!

Had a lot of fun with this yesterday, and got up to level 14. Currently taking a break but will play again today. Few things that could be improved - I'd like different clothes to be available more often, more than 2 maps for hours to battle on (not too big an issue though) and when playing the same time as a friend to not go up against them 6 times in a row, haha. But overall very fun, and hopefully new maps will help with the second qualm. Glad I got this game. =)

Not huge into collecting amiibo so I just got the girl one. It looks pretty neat.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • So, for anyone who's played or is playing single player, what's your favorite part? Mine was a tie between the octowhirl and the final boss.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I am currently at lvl 13, but I do wonder if 20 is the maximum number.

So, for anyone who's played or is playing single player, what's your favorite part? Mine was a tie between the octowhirl and the final boss.
    For me, it would have to be the music and the scrolls you find hidden in each level.

After seeing a commercial for it on TV yesterday, I realized that it was basically a paint based clone of Team Fortress 2. I don't know if I would ever buy this game even if I did have a Wii U.
    If it was a TF2 clone, or worse a CoD clone, then it would've been in first-person. A lot of people seem to always compare two completely shooters to each other, and I agree with Peanut Butter Gamer that the comparisons need to stop.

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • So, for anyone who's played or is playing single player, what's your favorite part? Mine was a tie between the octowhirl and the final boss.

i cant beat the final boss. my eyes were burning so badly yesterday i gotta try again tonight >.<

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • The final boss wasn't as hard as everyone else was saying, for I was able to beat it on the first try and not get a game over, but I can easily understand why they're having so much trouble with it.

Kameken

URYYYYYYYYY
    Years
  • The final boss wasn't as hard as everyone else was saying, for I was able to beat it on the first try and not get a game over, but I can easily understand why they're having so much trouble with it.

I beat it my first try, too, but only because the level kept giving me armor. It was still a fairly tough fight, though.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I haven't really been enjoying the one-player mode tbh. I got to the first boss and got frustrated and just went back to playing online. I got to level 5 earlier...or 6...I think 6...I don't even know anymore. 8D

I got another big Splatoon poster from work. Considering getting the strategy guide since I already have a ton of Splatoon stuff, haha. At this point, I'm just missing that Splatoon Amiibo trio. :P

Kotone

someone needed a doctor?
    Years
  • i beat the final boss so my one player mode is done except i didnt find all the scrolls. my bf went back through his one player mode and found all the scrolls. so im now level 15 with three star level equipment. i switched my weapon to the gold aerospray and i feel like a boss. still rockin' my gas mask.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • I am now at lvl 19, but I am planning to reach lvl 20 before today's update with a new weapon, a new map, and rank battles that begins 7 PM Pacific Time.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I'm at level 7, almost 8 now. I wish it were easier to level up. You basically have to be glued to the tv all day to level up in this game. :(

Back