• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Music Spotify - the greatest music service?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I've been paying for Spotify Premium for what must be a decade soon. Apart from some VGM stuff, where spotify is still lacking sometimes, it just has almost everything, from my experience.

Do you use it? Or something else?

Years
    I use Spotify and have been for the last few years, it has a pretty seamless interface and solid streaming. The new Genius lyrics thing on mobile is a great little feature too.

Cordeline

7th Horizon: Märchen
    Years
    • Seen Nov 12, 2021
    We use Apple Music via Family Sharing and I like it a lot. If there's a song I can't find, I can upload my own copy and have it there ^-^.

Bay

Years
    I like Spotify in which I can catch up on old albums of artists I might've missed. So yeah, it's usually my go to for music streaming.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Discovery Weekly is literally THE way I find new music to my taste these days haha. It's such a great feature.

What's this Genius lyrics feature on mobile?

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Back when it launched for The Netherlands I was disappointed to see nothing of my favourite genre (metal). Not even Metallica (it was already many years past Napster)! Now, six-or-so years later, they added a big metal library that features all the new releases. So it has a more versatile library now, and it has nice features such as that Discovery Weekly thing and daily mixes. I really like the service now!

antemortem

rest after tomorrow
    Years
    I do use Spotify and I appreciate that the developers are always making the app's interface more user friendly. Collaborative and easily-shared playlists are among the greatest innovations of the 21st century.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I just found out that World of Warcraft's soundtrack is on Spotify now 8D <3 Another plus point. More and more soundtracks are landing there.

Somewhere_

i don't know where
    Years
    Back when it launched for The Netherlands I was disappointed to see nothing of my favourite genre (metal). Not even Metallica (it was already many years past Napster)! Now, six-or-so years later, they added a big metal library that features all the new releases. So it has a more versatile library now, and it has nice features such as that Discovery Weekly thing and daily mixes. I really like the service now!

I listen to a lot of metal as well and Spotify has met all of my metal or hard rock needs with only 1 small exception.

Anyways, I'm usually not one for paid services, but Spotify Premium has been well worth the money. Its much cheaper than iTunes... the number of songs I've added would be the equivalent of hundreds of dollars. So the monthly fee is actually a really good rate.

Premium is also more convenient, especially so you dont have to use data to listen to music or rely on wifi.

However, I am disappointed with the recommended friends feature. My playlists are strictly metal/classic rock/hard rock/various variants of metal and rock and it recommends people that listen to One Direction and Kanye West. I dont know if the formula is just screwed up or what...

Kenchiin

1/2,578,917 ☆
    Years
    I wouldn't say I'm a Spotify-fan, but I have preferred it for a while now. It is easy to use and I don't have to explain my old outdated parents how to use it.

Harmonie

Winds ღ
    Years
    I use Spotify to help me search, discover, and verify what specific songs I want to purchase. It's a great tool for all of that. I would never want to have to pay for it, though. Having my music locked behind a recurring payment would not sit right with me. When I pay money for music, it's mine.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    I absolutely love the Discover Weekly feature, and the new releases for you section is great, too. The icing on the cake for me is the integration with last.fm. Between the two I can consistently find new stuff, without having to pirate mp3s.

Charlie Brown

[font=lato]coolcoolcool[/font]
    Years
    I used to download my music because I use my iPod (from 2009 lel) in my car. But after I lost everything when my laptop drowned I can't add more music to my iPod - so going to finally get Spotify in a couple months when I get a new laptop and move to having music on my phone lol.

Years
    I love Spotify! It has most of my favorite artists and genres (I'm a huge Latin Jazz fan! Especifically, Michel Camilo)! And after having so many game publishers agreeing on adding their music, you can find Batman Arkham OST, The Witcher III, Uncharted, and jewels such as Nihon Falcom's in-house studio music! Even Sega has started to add their music!

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
    I love Spotify and have been using it since November, I think? Without explaining the whole story, my iTunes account is shared between my mom, sister, and I. Then all my music is mostly off CDs I buy and those don't transfer between computers. Basically, it's easier for me to just pay a monthly fee for a Spotify that is MINE that I can download the CDs I already have and be able to listen to them on my phone as well.

Though it does lack Lemonade and the Persona 5 soundtrack...I'll let it pass, though.

Cay

Years
    • Seen Mar 11, 2022
    i switched from spotify to apple music and its so great because a lot of the stuff i listen to are mixtapes/etc and arent on apple music and all my stuff is in the same place, plus it refreshes earlier for new releases and has more exclusives so apple music is the one for me

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I've tried Spotify for a while, but it never clicked on me. I run to YouTube for just about everything.

Back