• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Re-amped SMW style Mario and Caped Mario. Comment plz.

Iron Tiff

OBJECTION!
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

My fave Pokemon sprite. EVAR. XD Angel Alakazam. I'm having some trouble making a halo right now, so I'll post when I add in the halo. XD

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
    The Songbird said:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

My fave Pokemon sprite. EVAR. XD Angel Alakazam. I'm having some trouble making a halo right now, so I'll post when I add in the halo. XD

If that is your best sprite, then i would like to see more.

Keep it up, the wings are great!

Well, i'll show an old sprite i made, i just edited the hair, and i really liked how it turned out to be:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Though... i think that the shading needs work yet.

Goatman56

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 21, 2019
    Red-kun that sprite looks nice, even though it is and edit. The hair really makes it look cool.

Daviku you new Shiny Man sprite is good as well, everything seems to be in order :D.

Years
    Red-Kun said:
    Well, i'll show an old sprite i made, i just edited the hair, and i really liked how it turned out to be:
    Spriters Showcase Thread

Though... i think that the shading needs work yet.

For the hair, I'd suggest perhaps making the red (the lighter red) not so bright, and then adding a bit of another, lighter color for highlights...since, right now, the hair seems a bit dull and flat compared to the rest of the sprite. ^_^; Otherwise, the shading looks decent, as far as I can see at the moment, and while the outline could be touched up a bit as well...it's mostly the hair that stands out for me the most.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Red-Kun: The outlining needs the most work in my opinion. There is too much black used on the legs and the right arm, while there isn't enough black on the rest of the sprite. In other words, the outlining is inconsistent. The shading and anatomy look good for the most part. Refer to Cowrie's post for advice on the hair. Overall, nice work. XD

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    u can rip them from a picture, its not that hard

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
    Well, if you're having that much trouble finding them, I'd just download the ROM, then screenshot the specific trees you want and rip them. As Jake said, it isn't difficult. I would have suggested the sites you already named, but if you didn't find them there, I'm out of ideas for you. o.O

Jake

Pearly White Dream
    Years
    • Seen Apr 4, 2012
    just get a picture of a town, then take out the tree

Roy-Kun

t i t l e g o e s h e r e
    Years
    Cowrie said:
    For the hair, I'd suggest perhaps making the red (the lighter red) not so bright, and then adding a bit of another, lighter color for highlights...since, right now, the hair seems a bit dull and flat compared to the rest of the sprite. ^_^; Otherwise, the shading looks decent, as far as I can see at the moment, and while the outline could be touched up a bit as well...it's mostly the hair that stands out for me the most.

What i could do is just edit the hair's colour, for me, it looks exactly as the sprite i took as reference (just with a shorter-hair version) ^^;

Red-Kun: The outlining needs the most work in my opinion. There is too much black used on the legs and the right arm, while there isn't enough black on the rest of the sprite. In other words, the outlining is inconsistent. The shading and anatomy look good for the most part. Refer to Cowrie's post for advice on the hair. Overall, nice work. XD

If you check closely, it's not black in the right arm, it's the left arm ^^; (put yourself in that position).

And for those other parts, i think i could use a much more darker colour of the clothing right?

And by the way, thanks for telling me that is nice ^^.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    Spriters Showcase Thread

I just made this title thing for my new sprite comic "House of Blood" (Mario gets turned into a vampire). It is basically my first attempt at any kind of pixel art besides sprite fusion. Any comments on how to make it better?

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2017
    I haven't sprited in months and I was bored so...
    Spriters Showcase Thread

It may seem like crap to you "pros" but whatever.

Chizzy

Comic coming soon...
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 27, 2010
    -Thomas-: Random Floating head thing lacks shading!

Oh well... Im off to read 'House of Blood'

PS: does anyone have mysterious dungeon Blue sprites?

Shadow Wolf 2

The Pixel Artist
    Years
    Thomas:
    Your blood looks like some fat red slime.
    Try to shade it less.
    Also, don't pillow shade.
    And get that saturation down.

Regards,
    Shadow Wolf.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back