• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriters Showcase Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi Robo

of the entire epoch!
Years
  • robot_wip_contest.png

Made for a contest on pixel joint
    I need some cc on this
    2vjoriw.jpg

These are the palette requirements, Im open to all CC. I feel this could still use some improvment.

Years
  • @ chibi Robo: I like it! it has a very unique style! it aint done yet right!? I personnaly would try a bigger colour palette. Like the simple background too, it has a really nice touch! keep it up!

I kinda gave up on spriting, but stillI felt an urge to sprite these 2 newcomers! haha

Zorua!

haha2.png

Zoroark!

haha3.png

I like them! 100% scratch

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • @ chibi Robo: I like it! it has a very unique style! it aint done yet right!? I personnaly would try a bigger colour palette. Like the simple background too, it has a really nice touch! keep it up!

I kinda gave up on spriting, but stillI felt an urge to sprite these 2 newcomers! haha

Zorua!

haha2.png

Zoroark!

haha3.png

I like them! 100% scratch

They're good, but you forgot the greenish "collar" of fur on Zorua, and zorarks face looks a little funny. I think the eye is to thin, and the mouth looks odd too. Other than that they're good.

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
    Years
  • Deerantcopy.png
    Deerant

Evo of
    Fawleafcopy-2.png
    Fawleaf

C&C, please?

One problem I noticed is that Deerant looks too similar to Fawleaf, as in it just looks like a bigger version with some small differences. maybe you could add something to make it look more like a evolution. However, the sprite looks good. :)

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Calder's Stuff

I guess I'll try this since I made a badge while messing around haha

nv8dok.png

I can haz rating? First pixel art ever so it prob sucks. (I'll add more later)

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    Crows Pixel Creations

I'll post here some of the stuff I've made or will do gradually. I'm in the middle of making a Pokemon strategy turn based game, so I won't be posting much stuff for a while, but I can show you guys progress of that if you'd like.

Here's a fan art Scizor evolution sprite, if you'd like to use it give credit please.
    1zn0ffm.png

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I'm totally new to this spriting business and would like some C+C On how to make the shape more natural and improve this sprite:

Sprite01.png

It's a grass-flying type, a first stage, so the design itself is quite simple, leaves for wings in a half maple leaf kind of shape.

Spoiler:

Edit:

Made some improvements already (I think).

Sprite01-1.png

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    I'm totally new to this spriting business and would like some C+C On how to make the shape more natural and improve this sprite:

Sprite01.png

It's a grass-flying type, a first stage, so the design itself is quite simple, leaves for wings in a half maple leaf kind of shape.

Spoiler:

Edit:

Made some improvements already (I think).

Sprite01-1.png

The Leafs are well done for a beginner, but the bird leaves a bit more to imagine. See what you have to remember is that the line art does most of the talking, the colors just back it up.

I suggest you attempt another drawing of the body, exaggerate the proportions of the head/beak a bit more of a Pokemon look and you might be in business.
    Also, for shading techniques used in Pokemon research some, and don't over dither.

maxxa

ice pokemon pwn
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Jun 10, 2011
    some sprites i did recently
    repredare1.png

100% scratch except the legs on the second ones are edited from charizard. comments/criticism?

gol

Years
    • Seen Oct 8, 2010
    some sprites i did recently
    repredare1.png

100% scratch except the legs on the second ones are edited from charizard. comments/criticism?

Wow! Those are really good! I don't see anything really wrong, except the second deserves some more shading on it's head.

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
    Years
  • some sprites i did recently
    repredare1.png

I really like these two, except there is one problem. On the evolutions left leg the outline near the belly looks strange. I think if you round out the lines and remove the pixel in the "corner", the lowest part where they meet, it'll look even better.

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Palettes?

Anybody know where I can find colour palettes to get realistic game boy advance colours?

Or will I have to just sample them from pokemon sprites?

lalo0101

Thanks Mulczhar for Avatar:D
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2013
    Anybody know where I can find colour palettes to get realistic game boy advance colours?

Or will I have to just sample them from pokemon sprites?

why are you even asking this just look for them in paint

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    Because I don't want to use colours that are not found in the GBA consoles, specifically colours not found in 3rd gen games. I don't know which they are though.

Perfectly reasonable question. :)

I know these palettes exist as I used to have one on the old computer years ago.

blackmoonflower

You won't like me if I'm angry
    Years
  • The easiest thing to do is find a site that has the actual sprites, find one that has close to the color you're looking for, save it to your comp, open it in paint and then take the color with the dropper tool. Then if you want to know what the color is, you can click edit colors in the colors menu.

Years
    • Seen Jun 27, 2010
    I really like these two, except there is one problem. On the evolutions left leg the outline near the belly looks strange. I think if you round out the lines and remove the pixel in the "corner", the lowest part where they meet, it'll look even better.

Apart from missing alot of shading, and looking flat I'd like to point out that the line art has way too many jaggs. You have to clean up the double lines touching each other and make them symmetrical to each other.

This tutorial will explain what I mean: http://www.derekyu.com/?page_id=221

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back