• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spriting Duels - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    [a id]top[/a id]
    Spriting Duels

=..Discussion Thread..=

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Contents:

Introduction -- [[alink id="intro"]x[/alink id]]
    Rules -- [[alink id="rules"]x[/alink id]]
    It's time to duel! -- [[alink id="duel"]x[/alink id]]
    Current Competitors -- [[alink id="current"]x[/alink id]]
    Past Competition -- [[alink id="past"]x[/alink id]]

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[a id]intro[/a id]Introduction:

Starting back in 2005, spriting duels were run and organised by the members. Eventually they faded away, but due to some renewed interest in them, they once again have returned to PC, with the moderators running the show now. Of course, you members organise the duels amongst yourselves, with you being able to set what ever restrictions you like.

So basically, a spriting duel gives you members the opportunity to compare your skills and abilities in a one-on-one contest with another member.

Anywho, this thread here is for general discussion of the duels, explanation of the rules and procedures, as well as a quick reference to the current and past competitors. For current and past duels, head over to the Challenge Thread.

Feel free to place your bets here! (figuratively speaking of course).

[alink id="top"]Back to top[/alink id]​
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

[a id]rules[/a id]Rules:

First off, obviously the PokéCommunity Rules and the Pixel Art Rules apply to the duels.

• No recolours whatsoever
    Recolours do not require much skill, and so any duel containing them will be put to an immediate and abrupt halt.

• Stealing = slap
    Just reiterating on this rule. If anyone is caught stealing the work of others, they will be banned from future participation in duels and receive a warning.

• Work must be made specifically for the duel
    That means you can't go and use a sprite created prior to the duel. If it is discovered that members are doing this, then they will be disqualified.

• No aggression towards opponents/judges
    Opponents: Sportsman ship is a must here - don't be a sore loser, and respect your opponent. If any sort of aggression is shown concerning the duels, whether in this thread or via PM, appropiate action shall be taken.

Judges: If for some reason you feel that the judge's decision was unfair, deal with it in a calm manner and simply ask another available judge to assess your entry.

More shall be added as we see fit

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

[a id]duel[/a id]It's time to duel!

So now that you've read the rules and have a thorough understanding of them, youmay like to duel another member right?

1. Initiate the duel
    In order to do so, just PM your desired member and issue a challenge. Remember that only one PM is required, so there's no need to continually issue PM's to the same user.

Within this initiation PM one should include:
    • Theme
    • Restrictions/Regulations
    • Time frame
    • And so on
    Whether or not you accept the duel will be up to you. But please always reply to the challenge with your response as soon as possible.

2. Organise your judge
    At the moment we only have two judges available: .:Kaku:., Megafuz and Aviator Maz. Just simply PM one of them asking politely that you would like them to judge, and I'm sure they'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Please note that the judges may get busy at times, so then you may have to wait a bit.

3. Let the moderator's know
    Once all the formalities are organised, you can now go ahead and PM either of the moderators outlining the details of your duel. We shall place your entry into the challenge thread (after deeming it suitable of course). Challenge thread will come once the first duel is organised.

4. And the results are in!
    Once we are notified by the judge of the results, we shall notify everyone as soon as possible.

[a id]current[/a id]Current Competitors:

None currently active

[a id]past[/a id]Past Competition:

Esupio vs. Tyler-chan

Any suggestions? Feel free to PM either Signomi or myself.

Last edited:

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • The Idea: Spriting Duels - Discussion Thread should probably be unstickied and locked now that we have this thread. ^-^

Years
  • There are current comptitors.
    I'd PM'd Siggeh as soon as I got the challenge.
    me and tyler-chan

we completed our entries ages ago.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Where's the entry thread?

And there's currently a challenge on between Esupio and Tyler-Chan.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • It'll be made when the first two competitors PM Amachi or Signomi to let them know that they've initiated a challenge. Although there are two challenges going on, and I'm pretty sure both have PMed one of the mods. I guess it's just a waiting game...

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    The Idea: Spriting Duels - Discussion Thread should probably be unstickied and locked now that we have this thread. ^-^
    Ahh! What a good idea ^o^

There are current comptitors.
    I'd PM'd Siggeh as soon as I got the challenge.
    me and tyler-chan

we completed our entries ages ago.
    mmkay. Have you PM'd either .:Kaku:. or MegaFuz yet about judging, cause you need to do that as well.

I guess I'll just put it up anyway.

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Esupio IMed me about it today, man I'm looking forward to this ^_^
    Thanks for all the supoort everyone, especially Ray and Signomi who made it possible.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    So you're judging it then? Well I'll guess I'll have to edit some more.

Just remember that Signomi and I would like to have the duels organised via PM, just so everything is better maintained.

MegaFuz

Über Title
    Years
  • I was under the assumption that all of the duels would be scored by both myself and Kaku, then added and averaged together, just like monthly contests. It would seem more fair to me that way, but w/e. =\

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    I was under the assumption that all of the duels would be scored by both myself and Kaku, then added and averaged together, just like monthly contests. It would seem more fair to me that way, but w/e. =\
    I think this way the judging will be much more efficient, but people are free to request two judges if they desire.

And you're both experienced at giving c+c and rating sprites, so I'm sure that there should be no issues with the fairness of your decision. but again, if you feel the need to discuss it with the other judge, then feel free to go right ahead.

So do I PM Kaku with both of the entries, or just mine, and let Tyler-chan send him his?
    Yeah, just make sure he gets them so that they can be judged. Then all that's needed is for him to PM the results to either Signomi or myself.

And the outcome of the first duel is in, with Esupio being announced as the winner. Congratulation's to him, and good luck next time to the both of you.

Esupio vs. Tyler-chan

强有力

Powerful
    Years
  • All i can say is well done Esupio. I challenged you because i wanted to get better at scratching *even though i didnt* and because it was fun. Hope to do it again sometime!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    Well done guys, ya both gave me something to do on an otherwise boring Sunday :p Look forward to judging you both again!

Fox♠

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen May 16, 2011
    The lack of attention payed to the duels is a massive let down, especially since so many people seemed interested. =/

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    Yeah I know aye. Maybe posting in here will help? XD

But yeah, it'd be nice to see one or two more duels going, especially since my and Signomi worked hard together to organise this all so it would run as smoothly as possible.

Don't be shy peoples! :<

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back