• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spyro, Drake, Jak & Daxter - The Playstation Fan Club

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years

The Playstation. Conceived as a Disc-based console for Nintendo, it ended up being Sonys gateway to the videogame market and has become one of the most famous names of the industry. From the very first model released in 98 to the newest model, the Ps4, many awesome games and characters have graced our tv screens thanks to this console.

This club aims to discuss ideas and share memories and opinions, from what characters we liked most, to what games we kept playing over and over again. Doesnt matter if you started off with the first Playstation or just recently got into it with the newest model, everyone is welcome to be a part of this club and participate.

First off, the Rules
    Respect all PC Rules

Try to stick with the current topic

If the topic has been answered by at least 3 members or 24 hrs have passed, anyone may suggest a new topic

Respect other members and their opinions, be nice and do not spam or bash!

Feel like joining? Here is the simple SU form:
    User Name:
    PS Systems you own/have owned:
    Answer a topic:
    Chose a Playstation character ro represent you (Optional):

Here are a few topic ideas to get you started:
    What was you very first Playstation console

What is your favorite Character out of any PS Game?

The PS4 - What do you think of the 4th Gen Sony Console?

The PSP and PSVita - Can Sony compete in the handheld department?

List of Members

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

The Weekly Feature

Every Week, the club will decide on a featured game, which will receive a special focus with plenty of topics and discussions all about it!
    Current Weekly Feature: Crash Bandicoot

Past weekly features:
    Spoiler:

"Greatness awaits" - Official PS3 Slogan

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Yay! Aprooooooved. :) And yes, I am also joining on this as well.

User Name: Minerva
    PS Systems you own/have owned: Playstation 1, Playstation 2
    Answer a topic: (I'll answer the other three later)
    Definietely the PS1. I was...9 or 10 when my dad bought it, and my uncle gave me a few games to get started. I started off with the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Croc, Frogger, and then moved on to some other shooting games like that one Army Men game, Metal Gear Solid, and Syphon Filter, which became my all time favorite game series (even though it's underrated, unfortunately).​
    Chose a Playstation character ro represent you (Optional): Croc! He's so adorable!~

Last edited:

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    User Name: Minerva
    PS Systems you own/have owned: Playstation 1, Playstation 2
    Answer a topic: (I'll answer the other three later)
    Definietely the PS1. I was...9 or 10 when my dad bought it, and my uncle gave me a few games to get started. I started off with the likes of Crash Bandicoot, Croc, Frogger, and then moved on to some other shooting games like that one Army Men game, Metal Gear Solid, and Syphon Filter, which became my all time favorite game series (even though it's underrated, unfortunately).​

Welcome to the Club!! And thanks for approving it in the first place :P
    Aw yeah those were some awesome games you had. Unfortunately i havent played many of the Syphon Filter Games, but if they are your favorites i feel like they deserve another chance (:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    I certainly join this group

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
    PS Systems you own/have owned: Only owned a PSP
    Answer a topic:

What was your very first Playstation Console: The first one I have owned is also the only one I have owned. That one is the PSP. I bought in either 2009 or 2010. The one I bought was in a Rockband Unplugged bundle. Main reason I bought it was so I could play Dissidia Final Fantasy.

Choose a Playstation Character to represent you (optional): Arngrim (Valkyrie Profile series)

Last edited:
    Years
    OH MY GOSH. Totally jumping on board for this club and why it wasn't here before boggles my mind @.@

User Name: Vanille Sky
    PS Systems you own/have owned: PS, PS2, PS3, PSP
    What was your very first Playstation console?
    The PlayStation! My older sister used to be quite the gamer herself back in her prime; everything's been passed down to me and now I'm the only one playing them...We still have several of the older games since the PS2 is backwards compatible and they're always nice to play whenever those nostalgic feelings come around~ So I've been around the PlayStation consoles for probably around 13-14 years.

Nathan

Blade of Justice
    Years
    I'm so joining :D

User Name: Genesis
    PS Systems you own/have owned: PS2, PSP, PS3
    What was your very first Playstation console?
    A PS2 I bought from my cousin when I was around 9 years old iirc. It had a lot of great games on it and I spent a lot of good time. Wish I could play them again ;;

Daixtey

The Sin of Joy
    Years
    And the second club I join today, yay! :3

User Name: Daixtey
    PS Systems you own/have owned: PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 (Soon, it is ordered), PSP

Answer a topic: What is your favorite Character out of any PS Game?
    Roxas (From the Kingdom Hearts Series) He is no big charachter in the field of Playstation games mascots, but he is still a for me impressive charachter. How they managed to give him in a short intro to a game (Kingdom Hearts 2) more personality and charachter, than some today games can't even do in the whole game for their main charachters. And also how just his background story, and that even plays a bigger role later on in the Games and how much deeper his storyline goes.... I could go on for hours here, but since I don't want to expend this too much, I just leave this at it is

Chose a Playstation character ro represent you (Optional): Daxter! (From the Jak&Daxter Series) He is just too funny, the one liners he has, or the death messages you get it from him in Jak 2: Renegade, are just too good. And overall he is a nice and enjoyable char, and was worth his name in the title, though you hardly control him at all

Welp, hope I didn't write too much

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Judge Mandolore Shepard, Vanille Sky, Genesis & Daixtey, you are all gladly accepted to the Club!

@JMS: Oh yeah, Dissidia was a pretty cool game i think. It was fun to have the different characters from different FFs battle it out!

@Vanille Sky: Haha i was really surprised as well this club didnt exist yet, thats why i created it :D
    Nice to see you have been around Sony consoles as much as i have

@Genesis: I know your pain fellow gamer, to this day i could punch myself for selling my PS2 back then...best console ever. And i hat how the PS3 is not backwards compatible

@Daixtey: Apparently you are the only now (for one) that will have the pleasure to play on the PS4!
    Roxas is one of my favorite characters as well, and i agree with everything you said. I cant wait til Kingdom Hearts 3 comes out, it will be so.epic!

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Going to answer these three if y'all don't mind!~

It's hard to choose, really. I've played numerous PS games throughout my childhood years and it's hard to say which one's my favorite because in every game there's always a character that I loved! I would have to say Crash Bandicoot. I played all his games incluing the Team Racing game, which is one of my favorites. Crash may not talk, but he can really pack a punch and defeat the evil Dr. Cortex.

It's something that I REALLY WANT TO OWN BUT I CAN'T. I'm waiting for the price to drop, because the PS4 is such an amazing console and I've been following it since it was unveiled at E3. <3

I used to own the PSP during high school. It was a wonderful device, I must say. But it certainly lacked the choice of games. If Sony wants to compete with other handheld games, at least release games that are compatible with them, just like how Nintendo has a large library of them. However, there are some things that Nintendo doesn't have with their handhelds: built in skype, and the ability to listen to music.

Venitardus

Breeder
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2018
    User Name: Venitardus
    PS Systems you own/have owned: PS1, PS2, PS3, PSP
    Chose a Playstation character ro represent you (Optional): Joel

It looks amazing! I want it for my self! Haha. I would really like to get one but I don't have the money for it now.

What was you very first Playstation console?
    My first system was was the PS1 and I was about 5 or 6 at the time.

My favorite character from any PS game would have to be Jak from Jak and Daxter. I just like how he was developed and how he developes through out the JAD series.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Welcome to the Club Venitardus!!
    Haha yeah i wish i had enough money for the PS4 as well xD
    Jak is a really nice character to chose, i really like how he evolves throughout the series as well

Minerva said:
    Minerva said:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I
    Spoiler:

I have to agree with everything you say Minerva!
    The Playstation has many cool characters, but Crash is one of the best. His racing game was fun as heck as well :D I wish i had the PS4...well actually i did, but since i moved to Spain i let my little brother have it and i regret it every day...As for the portables, i think they had/have great hardware a lot of potential, but Sony fails to release the right games for them. Too bad, really

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
    Years
    Same goes for the movies. You know the UMD versions that PSP has for their device? Not many movies are released in that format as much if not at all. I've only bought one movie at the time and I'll admit it had pretty good quality.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Yeah, i dont know if it was a smart move to release movies on UMD...
    The PSP my brother got came with the movie "Hitch - The Date Doctor" and it did look really good though!

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    User Name: Peitharchia.
    PS Systems you own/have owned: PlayStation 2 and PSP.

What was you very first PlayStation console?
    I think it was PS2, if I remember correctly. :3 I still have it in my basement somewhere, and works perfectly fine. I don't have any games for it, though; traded them all in years ago. Going to buy PS4 soon, so when I do, I'm probably going to trade this one in, too. Have no need for it any longer, so, yeah.

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    What was you very first PlayStation console?
    I think it was PS2, if I remember correctly. :3 I still have it in my basement somewhere, and works perfectly fine. I don't have any games for it, though; traded them all in years ago. Going to buy PS4 soon, so when I do, I'm probably going to trade this one in, too. Have no need for it any longer, so, yeah.

Welcome to the Club Peitharchia!!
    Too bad you dont have any games for the PS2 anymore, there are sooo many good ones :D
    So getting a PS4 soon?? Thats great! Already know which game(s) to get first?

Years
    Hey guys! Sign me up!

Consoles/Handhelds I own : ALL OF THEM (PS fan to the core :)

A character to represent me : Someone already picked Croc :( So I'll go with Dart from Legend of Dragoon!

What do I think of the PS4 : Powerful as heck! But not enough games just yet. Then again I could be developing for it very soon :)

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Nice to have you with us Tetiro!!
    Haha definitely a big PS fan i see, awesome. Its true the PS4 has only a few games yet, but i woould kill to play the new InFamous.
    And what do you mean you could be developing for it? :O

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
    User Name: Eevee
    PS Systems you own/have owned: Playstation 2!
    Answer a topic: Spyro was the first Playstation game I played and that was on my aunt's Playstation. I really loved those games. Diving underwater was my favourite >w<
    Chose a Playstation character to represent you (Optional): Spyro!

Zorogami

WUB WUB
    Years
    Glad you joined us Eevee, welcome!!
    Yeah Spyro was such an awesome game, i just love that little dragon (:
    Too bad they made this toy-based abomination out of him, known as Skylanders...

So, new topic you guys: Which Game should be our first Weekly Feautre??

Back