• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Starters shown! What do you think?

Years
  • unknown.png

What do you think of these starters? Do you know who you'll pick yet?

Mewtwolover

Mewtwo worshiper
    Years
  • Sprigatito is the best, I'll likely pick it. Let's hope that it'll get good evolutions because it has a lot of potential.

Last edited:

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am honestly liking the Fire Croc atm. But I also like the cat. The duck is too similar to pokemon we already have, so I am not a huge fan of it currently.

I am so glad we are finally getting a fire crocodile, but this also means they have broken away from the Chinese Zodiac. Unless I am missing what it could possibly be.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • Apparently the names have been released.

Sprigatito (Grass)
    The capricious, attention-seeking Grass Cat Pokémon.

Fuecoco (Fire)
    The laid-back Fire Croc Pokémon that does things at its own pace.

Quaxly (Water)
    The earnest and tidy Duckling Pokémon.

Last edited:

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • I really like cats and grass is my favourite type so I am most likely going to pick the grass cat. It looks adorable.

The Fire Croc looks good. It looks like a relative of Sandile.

The water duck reminds me of Ducklett with a hat on. My least favourite of the three

Very early predictions for final starter form types:

Grass Cat - Grass/Rock
    Fire Croc - Fire/Ground
    Water Duck - Water/Ice

Lysander

girl power ftw
    Years
  • I like all of them but the duck is defintely my favourite. Will have to see their final evolutions before deciding who to pick.

Years
  • I'm so glad they are not humanoids. Hopefully they will stay that way.

Personally, I have a hard time deciding just on these first stages, because they all look cute. Water-type duck might win me over.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I'm 10000% all for Quaxly. Not usually a water type starter fan but this duck needs to be in my life.

Years
  • I like all of them. I always choose the water type because it's a tradition and because it always happen to be the one I prefer lol. So, I m definitely going to get the super cute duck lol. Hoping they won't evolve into some monster lol. Designs are actually pretty good for me! Fire type, I like them less

PageEmp

No money puns. They just don’t make cents.
    Years
  • Alright. I'll be honest, I did say I hoped to see a small sneak peak into gen9… and then it turns out that they revealed it at the end and admittedly too much… I was hoping that we'd be able to speculate the starters.

Now let's get the elephant out of the room… what even is the Fire starter? I genuinely cannot tell and still struggle to. The first website I saw claimed it was a gator, and I am still struggling to see that. Also, I'm very very certain that this pretty much kills the zodiac theory for good. That is unless somebody can tell me it's somehow supposed to be a snake, I think I've given up on the theory even though as cool as it was, I prefer to see variety in fire starters and not just randomly guess which of 4 options it'll be. I mean basing all three starters of a theme I personally feel is already limiting.

That said, the cat and the waterfowl (unsure whether or not it is specifically a duck) are most likely my picks when Iget the games, I personally have the most belief that they will have the best looking final forms. I mean I do still like the Fire starter though. Maybe the Fire starter is actually supposed to be like a hornless goat or something?

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I really like cats and grass is my favourite type so I am most likely going to pick the grass cat. It looks adorable.

The Fire Croc looks good. It looks like a relative of Sandile.

The water duck reminds me of Ducklett with a hat on. My least favourite of the three

Very early predictions for final starter form types:

Grass Cat - Grass/Rock
    Fire Croc - Fire/Ground
    Water Duck - Water/Ice

Yeah. The duck looks too much like a Ducklett to me, which is why I don't currently like it compared to the other two. I am not sure they will have Rock and Ground together. I think Steel would probably come in handy here somewhere. Possibly the Fire.

Years
  • The grass kitty easily is the best in terms of looks.
    The fire derp I'm definitely not picking unless it has an awesome final evo.
    The water one is pretty cute, but there's no way I'm picking it over the kitty unless they screw up the cat's final evo again like they did with Litten.

LilyGardy

The Flowering Pokemon
    Years
  • Ground for the Fire Croc would probably put it a bit too close to the Sandile line. Steel is a possibility for the fire.

Petilil was shown in the trailer so Lilligant will be on my team, I will be picking the grass starter still unless the other two have amazing final evolutions.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    As long as the fire starter doesn't end up being a fighting type, I'm happy. Really solid designs for this gen!

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Sprigatito: Easy favorite. Please do not mess up this one by putting it on two legs later. Admits being uncertain of it of being a cat initially. Fits the bill of Grass-type Rockruff.

Fuecoco: Decent, but strange. Points to the face specifically. Describes it like an old cartoon character: mostly black red head, but a white face. Could be the eyes partially too. Hopes for that to become a mask...maybe. Sees potential for later evolutions.

Quaxly: Big no.
    A. Just a normal duck with hair (or a differently colored Wario hat)
    B. Projects at least one very poor evolution: pompadour duck.

Back