• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Steve Jobs, Apple Co-Founder, dead at 56 from Pancreatic cancer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jorah

What do I put here?
Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    I almost cried, I thought it was really sad. Rest in peace, Steve Jobs.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Isn't it iRonic that Steve Jobs, the founder of Apple, died of something with the initials "PC"?

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • There never has been a CEO who put so much passion and heart into his creation. Face it, without Steve Jobs and Apple, there would be no Angry Birds, one of the most popular app downloads in iOS. I'm going to miss the way he talks. Especially in his keynotes.

I actually shed a few tears, though I hardly knew the guy. Looking at my Macbook Pro I feel like hugging it [awkward]. I found this really nice wallpaper of the Apple logo, but the bite resembles Steve's silhouetted face. It's the best I could do as a tribute.

Years
  • This is just a tragedy for the technology world.

I listen to my trusty iPod Nano as a tribute.

He was called the "Thomas Edison of the 21st Century".

So many people paying condolences, including celebrities, IT figures and politicians (i.e. Barack Obama, Mark Zuckerburg, Bill Gates, Steve Wozniak, even Australia's own PM, Julia Gillard)

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    Regardless of what I think of apple. I have to say, he was certainly an icon. RIP.

Shining Raichu

Expect me like you expect Jesus.
    Years
  • /late

This is terribly sad news for the entire world. I hear that he had been sick for quite a while, though, so at least he is out of pain now. It's always terrible when someone who changed the world so profoundly meets an untimely end. May he rest in peace.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2011
    It seems unreal. He was only 56. I hate cancer. I'm submitting my thoughts and pictures to the Steve Jobs living memorial wall via [email protected]. Title is subject line, add the photo as attachment, and body is where you say what's on your mind.

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
    Years
  • It took me a long while to think of what I wanted to say about this as someone who never really paid a whole lot of attention to Steve specifically. I do not like Apple at all, but I can say with good heart that I never allowed myself to hate Steve by extension. I never expected him to die so quickly after leaving the company. It did come as a bit of a shock, but I suppose cancer can do that.

I suppose I'm not really sure what to say. It's... sad.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back