• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Stuff from your Childhood/Years Ago that no longer exist

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    anyone remember silly bandz, for example? Those were such a big fad when I was in the fifth grade. Schools banned them.

Anyway, use this thread to reminisce about things from your childhood up to maybe around 2015 that no longer exist anymore that you remember just being a thing at the time.

Years
    Play places in fast food restaurants like McDonalds and Jollibee. Man those were the good stuff.

My friends and I were absolutely obsessed with slinkies back in the day:

Spoiler:

But idk if they still exist, I've never seen them??

Years
    My friends and I were absolutely obsessed with slinkies back in the day:

Spoiler:

But idk if they still exist, I've never seen them??

They exists Sheep, Here in India in my state HP. You can probably see them with the local hawkers or local sellers and yes children are really Stanning them, even I also played with them when my neighbor's came to my house. They are pretty fun to play with.

There are many things from my child hood which scarcely available now or not at all. For eg Anime, some cool toys but yeah this thing was one which kept me glued to my TV Screen all the times. You know about dish/set top box TVs, not local but on National Level? Back then in 2010 or 2012 I guess when I was like maybe 7 or 8 years old, This Company named DISH TV was very popular, my Gramps was tired of watching DTH channels so he bought that connection, now there is a useful thing about DISH TV that our Free to Air Indian channels and Dish TV had same satellite so that would do for both for the normal DTH and TV Connection. Then I think only DISH TV was the company to have a separate Games channel and package, and not that TV games, the games were soo good as compared to today's common mobile games. So I would always request to gramps to buy games pack, But there was this Game known as Jinja Ninja 2. I was soooooo addicted to this game that I would play it for 8 hours a day. But now if you search on Google, there is only one video of YouTube proving this game ever existed!

Here's the gameplay

Years
    Blockbuster!

Blockbuster was around, but not actually the biggest rental chain we had here. Interestingly enough.

Furbies and Tomogachi were big when I was a kid but they still exist.
    I can't really remember much.

Was never into either myself, but tamagotchis were huge when I was going through primary school. There were quite a few kids walking around with them hanging around their necks. Furbies not so much.

Duck

🦆 quack quack
    Years
    • he, they
    • Seen Feb 23, 2023
    Play places in fast food restaurants like McDonalds and Jollibee. Man those were the good stuff.

They're still definitely a thing over here. They're even open again despite it not being the greatest idea because, y'know, pandemic. Wild that they closed in other parts of the world.

I remember when Strawberry Shortcake was like, this huge franchise for girls over here, but apparently it just kinda died off, I guess. And pogs, I remember getting a few when I was buying Cheetos or some equally styrofoamey snack back when I was a kid.

Years
    there's one blockbuster that's still around in bend, oregon united states, actually
    there's a movie about it

I know! I think I remember hearing that they've been really creative about staying in business. Iirc, the last Blockbuster in Australia was in my city.

Back