• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Summarize what you're writing currently in two paragraphs or less

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    I want to see if you guys can summarize what you're currently writing in two paragraphs or less. You know, a digest, of sorts! Or, I guess a blurb.

Guess I could describe what I'm writing without giving too much away, here goes:

A Genshin Impact fanfiction. A military trauma story about how being a Diplomatic Soldier can break a practically silent, and weak person over the years. It follows the protagonist who is a human/hyena/shark chimera hybrid forced into diplomacy. He is trying to keep mostly silent and diligent to survive.

I suppose that's how I'd summarize what I'm currently writing in about four sentences, anyway. I don't want to give out his name until I post the fanfiction here publicly, though, so take that of what you will with my attempt.

I challenge everyone to try their best to summarize their stories without giving too much away. Think of this like a blurb on the back of a book before reading it!

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
    Your Genshin story sounds interesting, I'm curious who it might be!

I was never much good at summaries. Perhaps it's because my stories are largely just drafts in my head and I feel like summarising my ideas constricts them in a way (when they haven't been properly written out enough!). But I'll give this a try.

Seven years had passed since Calamity Ganon's demise. They say the Sword That Seals the Darkness now rests within its pedestal once more, a symbol of the Hero's triumph over evil; Hyrule's return to peace. Yet the curse of ancient times still holds true. Ganon is never truly gone. In the deepest recesses of Hyrule, his hatred continues to seethe. Malice bubbles from the earth in these dark and dismal places, spewing twisted creatures from its froth, undisturbed and unknown by those dwelling on the surface.

When malice strikes Rito Village, all but five residents fall to its blight. Kheel and her sisters must survive the perilous wilds in their search for Hyrule's saviour, before it's too late. Little do they realise, their hero takes another form.

Years
    A human Pokémon Mystery Dungeon story about two ballerinas. One is a Kirlia (Dominika, the protagonist) and the other her friend Sam the Monferno. The amnesia plotline is scrapped, and the turning into a Pokémon plot is mostly scrapped. The human who turned into a Pokémon was the child of the human who abandoned Gardevoir and is Dominika's ancestor.

Last edited:

Bay

Years
    So there's actually two short fics I'm focusing but they're for gift exchanges and I can't say anything about them in public. Before that I've been working on a Fire Emblem Three Houses fic, and while I can't say too much about that either due to will be using that for another event I think a summary won't hurt. I"ll spoiler tag it though just incase!

Spoiler:

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
    Years
    A human Pokémon Mystery Dungeon story about two ballerinas. One is a Kirlia (Dominika, the protagonist) and the other her friend Sam the Monferno. The amnesia plotline is scrapped, and the turning into a Pokémon plot is mostly. The human who turned into a Pokémon was the child of the human who abandoned Gardevoir and is Dominika's ancestor.
    This story sounds potentially interesting, since it feels like it can play with the whole "Rescue" name the games had. Also, unsure of grammar but it seems the underlined section is missing something?

Before that I've been working on a Fire Emblem Three Houses fic, and while I can't say too much about that either due to will be using that for another event I think a summary won't hurt. I"ll spoiler tag it though just incase!
    Great, now I no longer need an excuse to get back to finishing FE3H again :p Good luck with that story!

As for mine:

A Pokémon story about a land where wild Pokémon grow restless as an ancient weather-controlling temple of worship has been desecrated, and now they fear retribution from the local god.

Three trainers must join forces to enter the temple and solve not only the puzzles of the damage that keeps the temple from functioning, but also of the invader from the depths of the earth and whose presence summons the ancient temple god to rain destruction upon the land.

Last edited:

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen Jun 10, 2024
    I can try :)

A flamboyant/foolish non-binary rising star of social media and promising/incompetent trainer is living their best life in Hoenn alongside their trusted/annoyed assistant, another very promising/insecure trainer from Kalos who is just too needlessly/rightfully anxious about this whole thing and very lesbian.

We have two versions of the story here, which one is the true one? :3c

Aquacorde

⟡ dig down, dig down ⟡
    Years
    I can try :)

A flamboyant/foolish non-binary rising star of social media and promising/incompetent trainer is living their best life in Hoenn alongside their trusted/annoyed assistant, another very promising/insecure trainer from Kalos who is just too needlessly/rightfully anxious about this whole thing and very lesbian.

We have two versions of the story here, which one is the true one? :3c

aaaa thats a very fun way to summarize that actually! mix n match those povs...

let's see what I can do about this, huh?

A headstrong teen girl finally breaks away from her overbearing mother and pursues a path she is utterly unprepared for: Pokémon training, on a Pokémon journey, with the added challenge of doing it completely independently. Despite struggles, misgivings, and a habit of rubbing people the wrong way, she's determined to see things through.

at the same time

A world once familiar is brand new, after twenty years of off-screen development and change. A small batch of teenage Pokémon trainers from various places and of varying skill levels come to Hoenn to test their skills. With several months to tour the region, participate in elaborate contests, and challenge fourteen gyms before the annually held Grand Festival and League Tournament, will they end up skilled enough to compete at the professional level? Or will they crash and burn on the global stage?

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen May 21, 2024
    A non-binary teenager with big dreams and great battling skill escapes home to pursue their dream of becoming the strongest trainer in the world, but starting in a different region than they normally would. Their journey goes on perfectly fine, until a mistake of theirs forces them to confront the people they've been ignoring since they left.

and parallel to that

A short and angry girl from a forgotten region, with a big heart and the dream of making a new start after a life of crime, sneaks into a ferry to Hoenn with her even shorter and angrier Mankey to become a pokémon trainer. The main issue: She doesn't know how to read or write, but a fateful encounter with a germaphobe with respiratory issues, too many secrets and the intention of helping her, sets them both on a journey about learning and friendship, probably.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I'm writing another scientific paper - a mix of chemistry and electronics. For privacy reasons I don't want to go into details, but it is a lot of actual writing and trying to make the whole introduction and discussion make sense and flow well.

Back