• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun and Moon Footage of Rockruff and Komala

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
  • Spoiler:

Found this about Rockruff and it seems quite plausible. Some people seem to think Rockruff will end up having similar characteristics to Eevee?

I find that hard to believe, because according to Rockruff's dex entry, it leaves its trainer when it's about to evolve and comes back fully evolved. That implies it evolve only once. Eevee doesn't do that, because it is able to have multiple evolutions due to its genes.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • I find that hard to believe, because according to Rockruff's dex entry, it leaves its trainer when it's about to evolve and comes back fully evolved. That implies it evolve only once. Eevee doesn't do that, because it is able to have multiple evolutions due to its genes.
    Eevee also only evolves once, it just has a lot of options.

Solar Snivy

#TeamRowlet
    Years
  • If Rockruff was going to take the place of Eevee, wouldn't it be normal-typed? Unless it is the evolved form. Still seems unlikely to me, especially since CoroCoro said that Rockruff and all the starters hide a secret. If this was Rockruff's gimmick, wouldn't they just specify that there was something special about Rockruff?

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 21, 2021
    When I said evolved once, I meant that Rockruff only has one evolution and not eight different evolutions.

Where does it say Rockruff only has one evolution? All it says on the official site is that it evolves, it doesn't say anything about whether it evolves a second time after that or not.

Years
  • Where does it say Rockruff only has one evolution? All it says on the official site is that it evolves, it doesn't say anything about whether it evolves a second time after that or not.

The official site says that it "leaves it trainer's side to evolve and returns again when fully evolved." Which seems to hint at it being part of a two stage line. Of course that doesn't ruin the idea of it having multiple options Ala Eevee.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • Where does it say Rockruff only has one evolution? All it says on the official site is that it evolves, it doesn't say anything about whether it evolves a second time after that or not.

It's description on the official site implies that it only has one evolution, as it wouldn't make sense if its first evolution repeats the same process as its basic form did when it evolves a second time.

Years
  • It's description on the official site implies that it only has one evolution, as it wouldn't make sense if its first evolution repeats the same process as its basic form did when it evolves a second time.

The only way I see it being a three stager with such a description is if it's middle form is outcontrollable attitude wise. If they do that I can see it's middle stage getting an ability like Taunt or a renaming of it (like how Lunala's ability is basically Multiscale by another name).

Y2A_Alkis

Been there since day 1.
    Years
  • Argh, the suspense is killing me! I can't wait for them to reveal the secret. Drives me absolute bonkers.
    Although I can't really see them introducing a 4th starter in some way (either trade the real starter for it (which in turn would generate a problem if Rockruff wasn't this nly exclusive chnce ingame), or just gifting a Rockruff to the player), I'd kinda like the idea of doing something similar to this. I was neither a fan of the elemental monkeys in BW nor the early gift starters in XY.
    Also, Rock kind a doesn't fit into the Grass-Fire-Water triangle very much.

Back