• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Sun Legend or Moon Legend?

Solgaleo or Lunaala?

• Total voters
Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2016
    Solgaleo is awesome. However I will get both of copies of the game on the release date. :)

Years
    • Seen Mar 21, 2021
    I've added info of the Pokemon in the original post but I couldn't add pictures.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 19, 2017
    Lunala. Really pretty and mysterious~

The lion could be a mega of pyroar honestly.

Years
  • Solgaleo is my favorite of them. He looks so cool and regal. Plus I'm a leo so I gotta go with him, lol. I do like both of them a lot and Lunaala is much better than Yveltal was.

SleepyTrainer

Rage Valley
    Years
    • Age 25
    • Seen Jul 3, 2018
    Lunaala, I'm more a person who finds the night prettier etc., you get me ;p hopefully

Tho, I'm a bit dissappointed with her/it's looks. I expected something prettier/cuter.
    Cresslia is a good example of what I'd have liked. But it's still cool, no hate. v

Firox

eepz, come help pwease!
    Years
  • By design I instantly fell in love with Solgaleo - then again I instantly fell in love with Litten when I saw it - I guess it's feline design really attracted me (I love ats)

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I will go for both...

First I think Lunala's signature move Moongeist Beam is more mythical-ish
    compared to Solgaleo's Sunsteel Strike.

Second, like what others usually point out, Solgaleo looks more majestic than
    Lunala.

Third, abilities Full Metal Body and Shadow Shield are both amazing.

Flower

✿ flower keeper ✿
    Years
  • Aah I can't choose! Even if I were forced to.. I love them both, honestly. ; n; Both have awesome designs and cool abilities/signature moves aaa.

Genegerbread

Pokemon Argent Tear Storywriter
    Years
  • I like Sogaleo a lot better than Lunala, but they're both awesome.

In my opinion, I've always chosen superior over inferior and thought of that thing to be more like it's a leader than another (Example: Ketchup is superior over mustard, Sun is superior over Moon, Diamond is superior over Pearl). I also choose what's first in the pair of games (Example: Diamond and Pearl, I'd get Diamond; FireRed and LeafGreen, I'd get FireRed). Sogaleo's appearance looks so much stronger than Lunala, and I'd truly prefer that, even if their actual attributes don't match their physical appearances.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • I like Sogaleo a lot better than Lunala, but they're both awesome.

In my opinion, I've always chosen superior over inferior and thought of that thing to be more like it's a leader than another (Example: Ketchup is superior over mustard, Sun is superior over Moon, Diamond is superior over Pearl). I also choose what's first in the pair of games (Example: Diamond and Pearl, I'd get Diamond; FireRed and LeafGreen, I'd get FireRed). Sogaleo's appearance looks so much stronger than Lunala, and I'd truly prefer that, even if their actual attributes don't match their physical appearances.

Hi Genegerbread!!!

Weelllll technically, since Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel type and Lunala is a Psychic/Ghost
    it only means that Lunala has an edge over Solgaleo in terms of type advantages.
    This is my only guess, perhaps Lunala's stats will focus with Speed and Special Attack
    since most of the Psychic and Ghost tend to have a high Special attack. On the other
    hand, Solgaleo prolly focus with Special Defense and Defense (just an opinion).
    But definitely, Lunala has a huge disadvantage against Dark type Pok?mon knowing
    that both of its type are weaker against Dark types.

Anyways, I like them both. There's no way I'd be playing Sun and Moon without
    the two of them being part of my Legendary Collection. {XD}^_^

Genegerbread

Years
  • Hi Genegerbread!!!

Weelllll technically, since Solgaleo is Psychic/Steel type and Lunala is a Psychic/Ghost
    it only means that Lunala has an edge over Solgaleo in terms of type advantages.
    This is my only guess, perhaps Lunala's stats will focus with Speed and Special Attack
    since most of the Psychic and Ghost tend to have a high Special attack. On the other
    hand, Solgaleo prolly focus with Special Defense and Defense (just an opinion).
    But definitely, Lunala has a huge disadvantage against Dark type Pok?mon knowing
    that both of its type are weaker against Dark types.

Anyways, I like them both. There's no way I'd be playing Sun and Moon without
    the two of them being part of my Legendary Collection. {XD}^_^

Definitely! I don't know why, despite disadvantages, I just think Solgaleo is so much better (IMO), but I understand your point, and I really like your speculations.

Denrew

Pokémon Fan
    Years
  • Definitely! I don't know why, despite disadvantages, I just think Solgaleo is so much better (IMO), but I understand your point, and I really like your speculations.

Hahaha. But I also agree with how you described Solgaleo. Compared to
    Lunala, Solgaleo has this majestic and a willful appearance, a fitting symbol
    for an emissary of sun as described. Lunala is more exquisite in elegance,
    it surely represents the beauty of a full Moon in a wide nightly skies.

Prolly I would also choose Solgaleo alone if not for Lunala's Ability and
    Signature move. And thus I ended up liking them both.

Genegerbread

Years
  • Hahaha. But I also agree with how you described Solgaleo. Compared to
    Lunala, Solgaleo has this majestic and a willful appearance, a fitting symbol
    for an emissary of sun as described. Lunala is more exquisite in elegance,
    it surely represents the beauty of a full Moon in a wide nightly skies.

Prolly I would also choose Solgaleo alone if not for Lunala's Ability and
    Signature move. And thus I ended up liking them both.

Most definitely! The sun is very hot, big, and blaring. It's only best to use Solgaleo, a big and blaring Pokemon that stands out the position as emissary of the sun, and you're definitely correct when you speak of Lunala as well.

TheLegendaryGuy

The greatest Ash Ketchum fan!
    Years
  • I choose Solgaleo. Its wild, looks more grand, more majestic, more enticing, and what not! And I like days more than nights, and as all of you know, the Sun is wayyy too powerful than the moon. Even Lunaala is cool, though.

Mikazuki

"Someday, I will..."
    Years
  • Bought Moon, I feel like Lunaala is more unique. Especially since it's Psychic/Ghost. I think depending on move sets it may even have the edge over Solgaleo. Ive been using different team type combos lately and have a steel based team and a ghost based team, so they both fit in well. I usually don't use legendary Pokemon in battles, but sometImes people wanna throw a Legendary stipulation in the terms.

Back