• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] Super Mario Monsters RPG

Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Super Mario Monsters RPG

Welcome to the art gallery for Super Mario Monsters RPG! Feedback is loved and appreciated!

Creatures

Expand the following spoiler to view the Pokedex for Super Mario Monsters RPG:

Spoiler: Pokedex

Trainers

- None -

Credits

Pokedex Template: Tristantine

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Updates!

#013: Paratroopa is here!
BqjF5sn.png
ZN6TuBJ.png

This Normal/Flying-type is one of my favorite characters, but it was hard to get the pose right!

Feedback is loved and appreciated! Since this sprite took me a few days to get right, I was thinking it might be cool to post process/in-progress pics for similar sprites in the future. Let me know if that interests you!

Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
#067: Bob-omb

EHRWMvS.png
PRSICG5.png

Feedback is loved and appreciated.
I'm thinking Fire/Steel for this creature, with some signature moves based on Bombette and Bobbery's attacks in the Paper Mario series!

Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
#157: Conkdor
KzQAYqE.png
dWxjK2k.png

Feedback is loved and appreciated!

This funny-looking recent addition to the Mario franchise is so perfectly friend-shaped, I had to include him. I'm thinking Flying/Dragon??? Because of the long neck and the Yoshi-like shell.

Last edited:
Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
A major update in the first post! I've uploaded an image of the full Pokedex, with all the current images filled in. I'll still post new art in their own individual posts, and you'll be able to check the first post to see the Pokedex get filled in over time.

For the creatures I haven't sprited yet, I've filled in their typings. Let the speculation begin!

As always, I would love to hear your comments and feedback!

Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Now revealing #052: Toady!

Normal // Shiny

i82J4uq.png
tSRadjT.png

These levitating little guys show up in a lot of Yoshi-branded games, carrying fruit or other items. In Super Mario Monsters RPG, they'll be an early-game Psychic type.

As always, feedback is loved and appreciated.

Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Decided to switch gears and work on a different type of art for my game today. Here's a character who won't appear in battle, but WILL be the first person you encounter on your journey into the Mushroom Kingdom: Toadsworth!

RBccIXN.png

Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
Now introducing #038: Wiggler!
1ceK2aq.png
GPZtl3I.png

Wiggler's base form will evolve into this Very Big Bug in the mid-game!

Days
  • Seen Apr 17, 2024
All of this looks really well done so far. Wish you the best of luck getting this projected finished
Thank you so much!

I've got a couple of progress pics!

hDrljua.png

I've continued to work on the tileset and NPC art for the game's introductory area, a formerly-small village called Laurel Town.

Meanwhile, I've been putting together some mockups for a new battle screen format:

DEkKPrc.png

There's still lots of work to do to get it right, but I love this direction for the battle screen. It's heavily inspired by the battle stages in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door.

Years
  • Age 19
  • Seen Apr 25, 2024
That's a pretty good idea for the battles. helps cut down the amount of sprites you have to make, while just adding to the Mario feel.

Back