• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

Do you think it is real or fake?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    That character select screen leak has too many inconsistencies. I very much doubt it's real.

In other news, Pink Fresh (Lucas main) just beat Oro (Zero Suit Samus) in the Project M Grand Finals in UFGTX! Well deserved, the tournament was really hype and the finals was close. Melee top 8 now, Leffen got this lol.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Today Nintendo released a video about the Smashers and Commentators for the Smash Bros. Invitational which will be held at E3 this year:

Also, Nintendo revealed the Gamecube controller adapter for Wii U. It looks really nice!

Super Smash Bros. Discussion

I really like the aesthetics of Ike for the new Super Smash Bros. game. I like how he has an older look to him. I mained Ike in Super Smash Bros. Brawl so he's a fan favorite, but I don't think I will main him in the new games.

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Saw that yesterday. Hyped as HELL.

Pros:
    -Solid roster of players
    -But still, having aMSa, Hungrybox, DJNintendo, PPMD and Ken is ♥♥♥♥ing AMAZING
    -Prog and D1 are the best commentators. Ever. Best news. Scar is great too!
    -A character can't be used by two different player. Players have to pick their character and stick with it. This is a good draft because it adds variety.
    -GAMECUBE CONTROLLER

Cons:
    -Free for all with items on the first 3 rounds. Ughhh
    -Limited selection of characters. Ughhhh
    -Having 3 Peach mains (MacD, Peachyhime and Lilo) but no Peach. What?
    -Having a player who is practically known for his Yoshi in aMSa but no Yoshi. What?
    -Tiebreaker handled by fan favorite vote or something.

WHAT:
    -Geoff Keighley. WHAT

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • -GAMECUBE CONTROLLER
    This.

This is such a surprise but an amazing bit of news. Really would like it if they release that sweet black gcn controller as well, hopefully that will be the case. Best controller.

Reactions: Nah
    Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    Just curios, did anyone enter the Smash Bros. Contest for a chance to play at the invitation at E3 this year. I wanted to, but couldn't think of a catchy idea. Today, Nintendo revealed the winner! Check out his Instagram video here: https://instagram.com/p/ogavUME0kK/

I think Dr. PP or Zero will win the tournament. So glad Prog is a host!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Rolex vs Professor Pro is one of the most hypest sets I've ever seen in awhile. I love TK Breezy.
    For real. I was rooting for Pro. #TeamUK.

The hype was real. The explosions were real. The set ups were real. The SALT was especially real.

Fun fact: The thread that started it in Smashboards has a malware warning. Or at least it did when I checked last time lol

Ultra - Retro Reviver!

Ultra - Retro Reviver
    Years
  • So hyped for Smash 4. After the Smash Bros. Direct back in (I believe) April, oh boy I got so much hype. My personal favourite would have to be Brawl for one reason.
    Two words: STAGE. BUILDER.
    Didn't have your favourite N64 or GameCube stages? You can just create? Sad you didn't get a Golden Sun level? Now you can make one!
    I usually main Marth and Ike (mainly Marth). I'm heavily interested in Japan and so since Marth is almost never talking English, I actually use him just to hear some Japanese (I also know some Japanese so I can understand parts of his speech). Plus the music variety in Brawl is so much better than Melee and SSB64 in my opinion. Because you're ranging from Sonic the Hedgehog, to Metal Gear Solid, to classic Super Smash Bros. on the N64.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • So guys, Miis and Palutena are confirmed, which means the Gematsu leak might actually be legit after all (the leak also included Pac-Man, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men). I have a gut feeling that one of those four will be revealed in the Smash Bros. Invitational event.

BrandoSheriff

Has a tendency to figure things out
    Years
  • So guys, Miis and Palutena are confirmed, which means the Gematsu leak might actually be legit after all (the leak also included Pac-Man, Shulk, Chrom, and Chorus Men). I have a gut feeling that one of those four will be revealed in the Smash Bros. Invitational event.

well, Pac-Man was revealed in the roundtable through Twitter after the invitational.

...that leak may truly be legit. xD

Treecko

the princess without voice
    Years
  • Pac-man makes sense too considering it's such an iconic video game character and Namco-Bandai is codevving the games. I'm assuming we will hopefully have Chrom , Shulk and Chrous Men too.

Jakeremix

Poképro~
    Years
  • I shouldn't be saying this, but I think Smash Bros. 4 just exceeded OR/AS in terms of hype levels for me. I mean, seriously... Pac-Man? They have outdone themselves. I think this is going to be the BEST 3DS game and without a doubt is in the top 5 Wii U games.

I'm so glad they finally announced Palutena too. She was basically confirmed from the last Direct. I'll be using her constantly as well (she looks like an AMAZING character).

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
    Years
  • It appears that in Smash-centric forums, the only people who hate the Gematsu leak are Mewtwo supporters, Ridley supporters, and King K. Rool supporters (all of three of which they believe must be in the game to have best roster ever), because they believe Shulk, Chrom, and the Chorus Men may be our last newcomers. Not only that, there was a recent leak from Gematsu saying the devs are debating whether Ness or Lucas should get the boot, and it's becoming more likely that it'll be Lucas, although the same leak also mentioned plans for post-launch DLC.

Years
  • I'm super excited for all three recent reveals; Palutena, Miis and Pac-Man. Palutena's reveal trailer was amazing... why can't we have a series like that, Nintendo?! I'm also glad they're using the semi-classic Pac-Man, and not the awful new Ghostly Adventures one. And, of course, Miis... finally! Now we can literally play as anyone. Mr. Game & Watch was also teased in Pac-Man's announcement video, but it's not official yet. He'll be back, though. Pretty much has to be now!

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    The invitational was great. I thought it was a bit hard to watch at first seeing them getting wrecked because of FFA and items initially but most of them seemed like they just wanted to have fun instead of be competitive, so I'm really glad that they did. Hungrybox is my favorite Melee player for a reason lol. I didn't like Peachyhime's whiny facebook comment though, it was stupid. You get an opportunity like that and all you do is complain that it's not Project M? Ugh.

Anyway, GOD DAMN CHORUS KIDS CONFIRMED UKHYGHTFGDXGHTYJUKILJKKHUGFBV
    I said the only character I wanted more than Lil Mac before the game was even revealed was a Rhythm Heaven rep but I thought it was unlikely but omg I'm getting it!

Last edited:
    Years
  • I've owned all of the Super Smash Bros prior to this one, so naturally I planned to buy this when it came out, but I've become increasingly more excited as information begins to release. One of the first things I heard that really got me intrigued was Greninja's introduction as a playable character, but the trailer from E3 caught my attention, for sure. The whole amiibo deal sounds more like a gimmick then anything important, but otherwise, astonishing stuff. Can't wait to play! :]

Years
  • Pretty happy with the smash news at E3.So much new gameplay was shown.and I'm pretty hyped for the new characters.Also happy about Pac-man being in,we now have a game where Nintendo's,SEGA'S,Capcom's and Namco's mascot can duke it out.

Back