• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Supporter Theme Collab [you're all beautiful]

What will the theme be?

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    Great, I forgot we were doing one of these. I don't have any good ideas for my pokemon of choice, but I know i'd like to join in the collab.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Working on making the entire background CSS now, should make things quicker. I'll see what I can do about making the text somewhat the same as I did above with "Venusaur", but I used a font which isn't web safe so eh, might need to keep making that as an image.

Also reserving shiny Chimecho. Not that many people would want it lmao.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    lol gav anything I do will always be inferior to what you do. ;p But yeah, honestly looking forward to the final version if the prototype (assuming that's what you posted before) looks as good as that. Final will be yummy, me sure. <3;

Also, Chimecho is awesome. I thought it'd be more popular or something. o3o;

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024

chimecho#358
    */ your content goes below this line /*

my pair is
    Red's Hawt Chibi Pelippers

moderator of
    ALL OF PC

part of the
    PC Supporter collab
    */ do not edit below this line /*
    credits to abnegation or something

Okay, all done in CSS except for the Chimecho image. Meaning that it should be easy for anyone else to make the themes also. That took me a while lol, should work in all browers, so Twiggy if you have any SENSIBLE suggestions I'll go ahead and fix things up if I need to. Works in IE, Chrome, Firefox, haven't tried Opera or Safari. I don't foresee issues since no CSS3 has been used.

So yeah, suggestions and such. And don't go running anywhere with the code ;]

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm... Perhaps I should bring a green Pokémon out to try things.

Turtwig's plenty green. I think I really should throw out my signature at this point.

And... Ugh, I think I need to stop being a Haxorus right now. *goes to reset everything*

Preview after break.

Years
    Part of the bottom is cut off for me.

I'm on Firefox 19.0.2. Is it meant to hug the bottom like that though?

Anyhoo. I'll take Lilligant, please.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021

Looks very off for the last line. If it helps: Internet Explorer 10 (desktop)/Windows 7/Direct2D fonts

Text can get unusually thin, too. I think I might do something for my signature or something.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    Firefox likes to padd things unnecessarily. Take a look at it now, let me know if it's still falling off the edge in a suicidal rage. Also your computer renders fonts weirdly Scarfoo.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Firefox likes to padd things unnecessarily. Take a look at it now, let me know if it's still falling off the edge in a suicidal rage. Also your computer renders fonts weirdly Scarfoo.

Unexpected padding might be able to be mitigated by explicit padding and margin.

It's probably Windows Standard (non-ClearType/Direct2D). It's default for Windows 98, ME, 2000, and XP. At this point, extremely likely to be XP or personal preference. (IIRC, Firefox switched to Direct2D starting from 4 if the GPU supports it on Vista and newer.)

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    It looked like Scarf's image a while ago. Looks fine now. I'm using FF 19.0.2 too, btw.

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    AH yes, XP still uses the old rendering methods. It might still be off by a few pixels in FF, let me know. Still in the post above.

Years
    It's looking fine for me now, thanks. :) And yeah, it's a wonky computer, but it's not my normal one so.

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Do you mind me directly fiddling with the CSS?

Chimecho#358
    my pair is
    moderator of
    ALL OF PC
    part of the
    PC Supporter collab
    */ do not edit below this line /*credits to abnegation or something

Hmm, Gav? I wonder whether this works better, by using explicit padding and margins, as well as switching out "Helvetica Neue" which doesn't exist in most Windows computers with "Segoe UI", which does, including many XP computers that have a semi-recent version of Office or any other Microsoft software installed. I've also messed around with the line-height and font-weight by... making them be 1 and normal respectively. Padding for the topmost text has also been cut.

How does this look? Because this is explicit, I've looked at this signature in IE10, Firefox 19, and Chrome latest, and it looked almost identical in all three.

One obvious con: stuff gets condensed into a clump to prevent browser default line height from wrecking stuff.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    That looks really nice. Can't wait for this collab theme to start.

I've also decided my Pokemon; I'll be reserving Tyranitar. Now someone edit the op so all can know it's my choice!

Years
    • Seen May 19, 2024
    It looks the exact same as it did when I coded it, bar slightly more space between two pieces of text in one spot, all you really did was swap out some of my code for something of equal performance, as for the fonts, Helvetica is installed on PC, meaning it works as a web-font and doesn't need to be installed on a person's computer. I knew you'd do it though, you can't help but fiddle with code redundantly :p

I'll change the line-height, everything else can remain the same.

Last edited:

Legendary Silke

Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    I think I should stop rubbing off my own style to someone else from now on. I think I have a strange tendency to do so. Thanks for making aware of that, Ab... H, something?

A real suggestion: the last line in your posted signature seems to be off - a bit too much downwards, and maybe it should be pushed up slightly. Just a bit more. I wonder whether it'll start to look cramped in there, though. I wonder what is the intended look. (Perhaps a reference screenshot is in order.)

I've also looked at the signature on IE9 Mobile and it looks almost the same as IE10.

droomph

weeb
    Years
    Well it's not pixel art so it won't match everyone else's themes I think. But keep at it, maybe we can work something out!

Pssh don't be silly. Don't worry, if anyone else wants to throw out a design I'd love to see them. We can all discuss and collaborate on something we all like.
    I meant, I could do it for everyone?

Oh well, it would take to long.

Oh, and I made that in a (relatively) quick sketch in like 20 minutes at like 12:00 one night, so it's not perfect.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024

chimecho#358

my pair is

moderator of
    ALL OF PC

part of the
    PC Supporter collab
    */ do not edit below this line /*
    credits to abnegation or something

Doesn't anyone think that the theme should be greener? The rainbow thingy at the top left looks cute in a way but maybe we could have some different shades of green there instead? Kind of like the fat stripes on the right.

Oh yeah my art lingo is fantastic

Back