• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Swalot, EX Crystal Guardians

Years
  • I was looking through my cards today and noticed something different on my Swalot (11/100 - EX Crystal Guardians). The Name, HP and Star are gold, and the "EX Crystal Guardians" logo is in the image.

Does this mean anything? I've heard of "Gold Cards" and was thinking it was one of those, but I really have no clue what so ever.

Any info on this would be great! thx

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    I was looking through my cards today and noticed something different on my Swalot (11/100 - EX Crystal Guardians). The Name, HP and Star are gold, and the "EX Crystal Guardians" logo is in the image.

Does this mean anything? I've heard of "Gold Cards" and was thinking it was one of those, but I really have no clue what so ever.

Any info on this would be great! thx

This is a reverse holo card, of which there is one in every booster pack. Apart from that, nothing really special.

Years
  • This is a reverse holo card, of which there is one in every booster pack. Apart from that, nothing really special.

By "reverse holo" I'm guessing you mean the "holofoil" isn't in the picture area. It is actually.

But if its not rare at all, no big deal. I've just never seen another card with the gold lettering.

Anyway, just though I'd ask. :)

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2008
    By "reverse holo" I'm guessing you mean the "holofoil" isn't in the picture area. It is actually.

But if its not rare at all, no big deal. I've just never seen another card with the gold lettering.

Anyway, just though I'd ask. :)

With EX Series cards, the reverse-holo cards do have a holographic picture, along with a logo in the corner, and rare cards such as Swalot have gold HP and name. Swalot is a rare card, just not that rare, and its reverse holo isn't worth much more.

Hope that helps. :)

Years
  • With EX Series cards, the reverse-holo cards do have a holographic picture, along with a logo in the corner, and rare cards such as Swalot have gold HP and name. Swalot is a rare card, just not that rare, and its reverse holo isn't worth much more.

Hope that helps. :)

Thanks for the info, now I know for the future :)

Back