• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Event] Sweet Hearts ♥ Valentine's day event 2021

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Badge 2 dealt with! I had a Frillish in my team from before, so I could use that to catch more Water types and keep going from there. Wild area + Keelford net me very useful Pokémon such as Drednaw, Gyarados, Chinchou, Arrokuda - all that could go along with my Frillish from before to create a very strong Water monotype team, just like Luke asked! I also used some of the Pokémon he liked - in this case, Drednaw, and that should net me one more point!
    get it? because Net balls? Nets? Fishing? aw...

I probably should've been more careful with my Water types, and keep something like Goldeen or Remoraid in my team for longer, but I ended up not doing so because of some unfortunate Dynamax battles / team swaps so... oopsies! Time to roll for my next date now, who happens to be...

oh no...

Silver as well! Adding a new rule to him and picking my solo run partner for this part soon... something tells me I'll just go as fast as possible. Btw! The new rule only applies to me, not to Clover who's already dating him~

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Super quick I know... but I also dealt with Badge 3 very fast! I did a Drednaw solo run, and managed to never faint despite Marnie (yes, Marnie) giving me a lot of trouble...
    The Gym battle was not as easy as expected because of Intimidate Arcanine and Will-o-wisp, but even with those debuffs I was still able to defeat Centiskorch with just 2 Rock Tombs while Dynamaxed... phew!
    And now, next up is *rolls*... Sophie! 😇

Time to continue! Everything should be updated!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Update 3 – Fire Gym

To start off I went to the nearby Galar Mine and got a Croagunk, then I wandered yet again to Wild Area and caught a Koffing and a Skorupi.

Koga's conditions made the gym much harder and I had to reset a few times. Ultimately I started with Skorupi setting 2x Toxic Spikes and after defeating Ninetales with Croagunk's Venoshock I switched to Koffing, which I would constantly heal and occasionaly nibble the opponents with Round. Not the cleanest win but a win is a win :P if only rain dance was available like a town earlier

Team:
    Spoiler:

Chloe is my next date, also I believe my points for the first badge were not counted.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Sweet Hearts Event Part 3!!
    Game: Pokémon Emerald
    Current date: Korrina
    Rules: 1: You may only have one Pokémon per evolution family at all times (Hard Dupes Clause).

Before going to Slateport, I headed to Granite Cave to catch a Makuhita just so I could evolve it at level 24, which is near Watson's level, and have one of Korrina's favorite Pokémon. I think it works that way, right? Well, if it doesn't, then it was still worth it.

I beat pretty much everyone at Slateport just so I could level up the other 4 Pokémon I had. I battled the Team Aqua Grunts in the Oceanic Museum as well, pretty much soloed by Makuhita and went to change my Pokémon's names in the Name Rater.

I battled everyone on my way to Mauville, including the Trick House and also got the Coin Case. Makuhita and Taillow both evolved before challenging Watson.

Watson's battle was also really easy. At first, I went for a Shedinja sweep again, but I didn't count on his Voltorb having Rollout and it died turn one. After that, it was a Nugget and Maku game. Hariyama ended beating the gym.

Sweet Hearts ♥ Valentine's day event 2021

Current team:

Will keep dating Korrina.

Years
  • Spoiler:

Contact list was updated. Points in the main post will be updated shortly.

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Sweet Hearts Event Part 4!!
    Rules:
    1: You may only have one Pokémon per evolution family at all times (Hard Dupes Clause).
    2: You must have a bike in your bag by the end of this date. Skates (X/Y) work too.

Ok, I actually got my bike before even challenging Watson, so that covers the second rule.

After beating him, I went to Fiery Path and then to Fallabour. Just battling and leveling up so I could get as close as possible to level 29 which is around Flannery's level.

I went to Meteor Falls and then to Mt. Chimney, trying to recover Professor Cozmo's Meteorite that was stolen by Team Magma because they wanted to make Mt. Chimney erupt and die or something along those lines. If I'm not mistaken, I beat Maxie with only Talon because Tabitha's Numel activated his ability and that just broke Maxie's battle and it was glorious.

I hope I could've said the same thing about Flannery's battle, though. It was hard and everything because of that Torkoal. The fact that I didn't have any special attackers to deal with it (Kappa doesn't know any water type moves) just made this battle really hard. In the end I beat her with Talon being the last Pokémon... that was the first time. After I was done with Flannery I accidentaly closed the game without saving :(. Thankfully I saved just before the battle, but still had to battle her again.

The second time I beat her was with Combusken in front instead of Lombre. Nugget managed to take down most of her team, with Focus Energy + Double Kick combo, leaving him to die against Torkoal's Overheat activating its item. Once that was done, Shedinja was a perfect pivot to force it use Overheat again, reducing its Sp.Atk two stages. Then goes Hariyama, a Body Slam from her Torkoal activates her ability and it dies in two Vital Throws.

Current team:

Will keep dating Korrina.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Spoiler:

Rules for Korrina have been updated, and so have been the scores! That is +3 for the two rules and +1 for the Hariyama.
    For clarification, the new rule will mean that... you cannot use in battle any Pokémon with less than 100 Speed, unless it's for catching a Pokémon that already has that Speed value in the wild. If you don't have any of those Pokémon, then the rule will be seen as "failed"!

But there's a little random effect that happened... you have a 1/3 chance of getting it for every date, starting from your third badge. This time it happened, and it's a positive one:
    You get to swap one of Korrina's favorite Pokémon with one of your choice!
    Please let me know your decision at the end of the current date, and remember - if you only use Pokémon that are in her team, your points are multiplied!

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Sophie is such a dreamboat! I did go through some trouble at first, but I eventually built a fantastic team that fit perfectly with her rule and, not to mention... is exactly made up of the Pokémon she likes! I did get lucky here by getting this trainer at this point in the game.
    Yes, because I used my Drednaw to catch a little Bronzor right away and continue on with just that. Often I'd run into Bronzor I couldn't catch, but eventually it happened! With my new friend - who also happened to know Hypnosis - I caught some other of Sophie's favorite Pokémon: Elgyem, Baltoy, Dottler. With this team, I got all the way to Stow-on-side (believe it or not, my newly evolved Bronzong was hitting way harder than I expected and totally crushed most trainers with a single Heavy Slam) and caught another member of the team, Shiinotic.
    The Gym battle was a solo Bronzong sweep, thanks to its high level, Leftovers, Iron Defense + Body Press for Pangoro (which actually swept me on the first attempt, ugh...) and perfectly timed Dynamax.
    That should net me 1 point for the rule, plus... wait for it, 3 x 5 = 15 points for using all of Sophie's favorite Pokémon (except Clefairy, which I can't find) and nothing else!

But... fate has spoken. I won't get any helpful side effect, nothing. And I'll have to date Ivy again.
    This time I'm determined to impress you, girl.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Gym 5 beaten! But how did it get there?
    Well, as soon as I beat Bea, I had to add a Female Stunky I already had in my box to the squad, and replace all Pokémon with females. No problem there, because even if I had to say goodbye to my amazing Bronzong, I still had the Drednaw from before, ready to go and at a very good level! I got her on the team, alongside the Shiinotic from the last date, a wild Tsareena, a Gloom, and a Boldore I got from a raid.
    With this team - and especially by giving my Gloom an Eviolite - I had no problems whatsoever with Poppy... except for that Mawile. Ugh. Luckily, Drednaw outpowered it through brute force, allowing me to laugh in Alcremie's face with Gloom and Shiinotic.

Now the interesting part... this is where it becomes a blind run for me, because this is as far as I've got in Pokémon Sword. I don't really know what's waiting for me and I also have more rules to follow, so this will be fun!

As for the points! 1+2 points for following all of Ivy's rules (keeping Stunky in the team and using only Female Pokémon), but no rules for Pokémon since basically none of her team members are accessible to me.

As for next date... it's Gary, the birdkeeper! So says destiny.

And finally... I also got a random effect this time! It says that I can remove a rule from a trainer of my choice. And that trainer will have to be... Silver obviously. That would be very difficult to work with if I happen to date him again...

Years
  • Update 4 – Ghost Gym

I really liked the team I got to use for this segment. Chloe is a great date.

First things first, I retrieved a Cleffa that I caught earler and taught it Attract. Then I backtracked to the Galar Mine to catch a Woobat, and later a Hatenna in Motostoke Outskirts and Minccino in Wild Area. Drove around a bunch doing some wild dens until the friendship mons evolved and also I got a Shiny Stone from Digging Duo for Minccino. With a team like that I was ready to move forward.

the upcoming route was quite enjoyable. I might have been a little bit too overconfident in the gym and it got a bit close, but I pulled through and got the Badge.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Got Gale as my next date

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Spoiler:

Updated! You get 3x4=12 points for using only Pokémon in Chloe's team, plus 1 point for her rule - that's a whopping 13 points!
    You also get a little side effects though... and it says, that You may never date Gale again after this one time! Since you're doing a random challenge, that just means that you'll have to reroll if you happen to come across him :)

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Sorry for all these posts, but I shall update myself once again! I just got my sixth badge against Gordie and it was once again very easy - thanks to Bronzong, Drednaw and Gloom!
    I added Hoothoot and Corvisquire to get myself 2 Points for using these Pokémon, but I did a pretty big mistake by having my Hoothoot forget its only Status move after a while... that will cost me the 3 Points I could've got from Gary for his rules :))

That nets me two points still, better than nothing - and a side effect... yes, I rolled for it again!
    Another random trainer will get one of their rules revealed! That trainer happens to be Kris, who's never been dated before - meaning, her basic information will have to be revealed as well! For those of you doing the Normal Challenge, this is your lucky day~

As for my next date, that's going to be... Hugh :fufu:

Hyzenthlay

[span=font-size: 16px; font-family: cinzel; color:
    Years
  • Pokémon Platinum
    Forest Badge complete!

"Play this date as a Solo run with a Pokémon of your choice!"

So I guess mercilessly dumping Wallace at the Oreburgh City gym gave me bad karma, because impressing badboy Silver on our first date proved... tiresome, at best. Trudging through Eterna Forest with Cheryl, our (lovely) third wheel, as I grind EXP endlessly for Ponyta is not my idea of a perfect date, which is exactly what we did after wiping out Team Galactic at the Valley Windworks.

Oh yeah, but we did hang around a bit in the underground... that was fun!!

Before facing Gardenia, I heard that my rival is ahead of me again... Janp, I think his name was?

Ohh right, it was Jamp! My bad! No wonder he's beating me, he doesn't have a date to drag along... Anyway, it all payed out in the end, as my dear overlevelled Ponyta burnt the entire Eterna Gym to a crisp! :)

For all the effort I poured into grinding, I sure hope the next trainer I ask out doesn't hate fire-types, or horses, or Pokémon with decent speed or something... and yes, that means I'll be dumping Silver! I'm going to try dating Annika and pray she likes Pokémon that are available in Gen 4. :why:

Arrow ♂ Lv. 37
    FIRE

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Sweet Hearts Event Part 5!!
    Rules:
    1: You may only have one Pokémon per evolution family at all times (Hard Dupes Clause).
    2: You must have a bike in your bag by the end of this date. Skates (X/Y) work too.
    3: You may only use Pokémon with more than 100 as their current Speed stat.

Was supposed to post this yesterday but I didn't log in here lmao.

There's really nothing to say here other than I did some speed EV training so my Pokémon got to at least 100 points on that stat. I did swap Shedinja for Ninjask and boxed the whole team with the exception of Swellow though because of the same reason.

I think I fucked up because I totally missed the part when Loomsie said that I couldn't catch any new Pokémon unless it already had that speed in the wild because I did catch a wild Zigzagoon and a Zubat. All the team ended with 100+ speed, though so I think they are completely utilizable for the next segment :femme2:

Norman was honestly really easy. I just lowered his Spinda's accuracy with Linoone's Sand Attack and then switched to Ninjask to build on evasiveness and Swords Dance. Some bad RNG from his Slaking broke the sweep sadly and it died by Facade, but it was ultimately taken down by Swellow.

Current team:

Will keep dating Korrina and gonna replace her Mienshao for Linoone.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:
    Korrina has some new rules for you. Check the contact list.

Years
  • Sweet Hearts in Pokémon X

DATING JASMINE

And you know what? Let me continue with my run as well.

I met with Jasmine, got to Lumiose City, where we visited a 5* restaurant. Then I got Squirtle from Sycamore, caught Snorlax on Route 7 (I left it on my team, but barely used it) and continued on to Glittering Cave. There I spent an eternity getting Onix and Mawile. And when I say eternity, I mean it. It took me about at hour to encounter both Pokémon. I went in with 25+ Poké Balls and left the cave with only 2 left.

I got hit by Jasmine's poison rule unexpectedly during the first Team Flare episode. The very first Team Flare Grunt's Houndour dropped a poisoned Smog on Wartortle and then the other Grunt's Gulpin shot poisoned Sludge right in Snorlax's face. So I lost two Pokémon to this rule.

I got to Cyllage City, caught Luvdisc with Old Rod and traded it for Steelix right away. Now I was ready for Grant. Climbing his mountain was annoying. Both Onix and Steelix did barely any damage with their Gyro Ball and my other Pokémon had disadvantage against Rock-types. But Grant himself was a pushover. It only took 5 Gyro Balls from Steelix to get The Cliff Badge.

So, the next date is... Polly! Which means Onix will be boxed. That's sad.

Team

Casanova, Bashful Male Braixen
    lvl 27, Blaze
    - Ember
    - Psybeam
    - Fire Spin
    - Howl

Cupid, Lonely Male Beedrill
    lvl 24, Swarm
    - Poison Sting
    - Twineedle
    - Focus Energy
    - Pursuit

Ziva, Adamant Female Onix
    lvl 23, Sturdy
    - Gyro Ball
    - Smack Down
    - Rock Polish
    - Stealth Rock

Lada, Relaxed Female Mawile
    lvl 25, Hyper Cutter
    - Vice Grip
    - Fake Tears
    - Bite
    - Sweet Scent

Thumper, Impish Female Steelix
    lvl 25, Rock Head
    - Gyro Ball
    - Smack Down
    - Dragon Breath
    - Stealth Rock​

Years
  • Sweet Hearts in Pokémon X

DATING POLLY

This will be a short update.

I put Onix away to complete the rule and continued on my journey. I had a hard time fighting Korrina in Geosenge Town, especially once my Braixen fainted. I should really get more Pokémon. But after looking through the available Pokémon, I didn't find any that I would want to use right now.

I got through Reflection Cave, which is probably my least favourite part of Kalos. It has nice puzzles, but it's so annoying to get through. I quickly beat Serena in Shalour City and challenged Korrina.

This fight is a lot easier than her first fight. There is even random trainer in Reflection Cave, that has stronger Hawlucha than Korrina. My Braixen beat her Machoke and Mienfoo and took down about half of Hawlucha's HP, before he fainted. Steelix finished the job.

So, this was pretty short update, especially since I decided not to catch any of Polly's Pokémon. I rolled another date and gor Kris. And she's quite moody this time, so I rolled for a special rule and got: Date the same person for the next segment as well. Nice!

Team

Casanova, Bashful Male Braixen
    lvl 34, Blaze
    - Ember
    - Psyshock
    - Fire Spin
    - Howl

Cupid, Lonely Male Beedrill
    lvl 31, Swarm
    - Poison Sting
    - Twineedle
    - Toxic Spikes
    - Pursuit

Lada, Relaxed Female Mawile
    lvl 32, Hyper Cutter
    - Vice Grip
    - Fake Tears
    - Bite
    - Sweet Scent

Thumper, Impish Female Steelix
    lvl 35, Rock Head
    - Gyro Ball
    - Rock Slide
    - Dragon Breath
    - Stealth Rock​

Years
  • Update 5 – Fairy Gym

I'm gonna miss Gale, he was another great date, letting me use Cinccino a little bit more :)

After assembling my new team, I gave each one a good status move they can use. Honestly this segment is too short to write much about it. Every battle went smoothly inluding the Gym battle.

Team:
    Spoiler:

Don is next.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Spoiler:

Updated! No side effects this time~

As for me, I'm finally back into this!
    I happened to have a Liepard in my box, but that was all I was allowed to use from that point on, if I wanted to get maximum points. That and Lucario.
    I had to wait a couple days before getting the right weather for Riolu to appear in the Wild Area - today was the right day, which meant I could finally continue with my challenge. A hefty amount of candies and grinding later, and I had myself a Lucario, ready to take on the entirety of Route 9 and Spikemuth.
    Marnie gave me trouble once again due to her use of Torment, and Piers did too with his use of Skuntank and Malamar, but... by then, Lucario's level was too high to really be bothered by those two Pokémon. It really is a strong Pokémon, in all games where you can find one.

Anyways! Time to finally move on - my next date is going to be *rolls*...
    oh no...
    Jasmine!

No side effects either, so nothing that can help me... oh well, let's hope things go well - this should be a relatively fast segment, I hope. And as I said, I'm playing basically blind now.

Eleanor

Princess Era 🎀
    Years
    • Age 24
    • she/her
    • Italy
    • Seen May 18, 2024
    Last date incoming!
    I had a Klink laying around in my box since the days of... my first journey through the Wild Area, so I had to pick that up and use nearly all of my Experience Candies on it, then grind some more on wild Gyarados and Vanilluxe, and I eventually got a relatively decent Eviolite Klang. I used that to finally catch a Mawile, which I had to name Pixel (thanks Clover for the suggestion!) and even later, a Steelix, which turns out will be the saving grace of this date! With this team, I moved forward and battled Raihan.

The only relevant battles of this date involved the Gym itself, but they were more than enough to put me to the test. The rain and ice trainers were ridiculously easy thanks to Klinklang's Discharge and Gear Grind, but the Sun trainer was the worst yet, and I literally had to spam revives until Ninetales's sun ran out in order to survive an attack from it with Steelix and retaliate with Dig... still, that was done on my first try, I suppose, so that's good. As for the Gym Leader himself...
    Mawile dealt with Flygon and Klinklang either kept in check Gigalith or acted as fodder for Sandaconda to redirect all of its attacks onto. And then, there was Steelix... who I decided to Dynamax in order to deal with Duraludon, and thanks to some Curse setup from before, was able to knock it clean out with a single attack. Sandaconda, the last Pokémon left, also went down the same way thanks to a boosted Ice Fang (which turned out to be really helpful for Steelix, especially for a move you can just remember at a Pokémon Center).

I get no side effects for this date, it appears that Jasmine liked me enough, and my final date happens to be Karin! Who has never been dated before! Interesting way to close this off.
    (Points are 3x3 for Pokémon and 3 more for the 2 rules, and that's a total of 12!).

Back