• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Sword and Shield Ultimate GBA English Version

Days
    • Seen Feb 28, 2024
    Hello phantonomy thank you for making this game playable for english speaking user and fixing bugs along the way.

I just wanna share a couple of bugs i encount while dexnaving on grass patch in wild area before you to motostoke.

And I don't know if this is a bug but sometimes when you use dexnav their eggmove/ability doesn't show.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2024-02-28-12-57-42-121_com.fastemulator.gba.jpg
      Screenshot_2024-02-28-12-57-42-121_com.fastemulator.gba.jpg
      112.4 KB · Views: 30
    • Screenshot_2024-02-28-12-57-46-543_com.fastemulator.gba.jpg
      Screenshot_2024-02-28-12-57-46-543_com.fastemulator.gba.jpg
      125.8 KB · Views: 30
    Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Hello phantonomy thank you for making this game playable for english speaking user and fixing bugs along the way.

I just wanna share a couple of bugs i encount while dexnaving on grass patch in wild area before you to motostoke.

And I don't know if this is a bug but sometimes when you use dexnav their eggmove/ability doesn't show.
    Hey thanks for this. I think fixing issues like this goes beyond what I set out to do. That aside, I'm not sure that your screenshots show the bugs you are talking about. I think I've noticed some of the things you are mentioning, but as i am not the original creator and I did not insert/configure the CFRU, it's really hard to fix those sorts of features.

Days
    • Seen Apr 29, 2024
    Are you ok with people using this as a base and improving it/doing more intensive bug fixing? Either way, thanks for all the work you've done on this! <3 If you're "done" with it, I hope others are able to take it further.

Days
    • Seen Feb 29, 2024
    Is there an easy item cheat code to get hidden ability? Want to play a Libero Cinderace play through. The codes used in other hacks just brings up Alcremie berries or Reaper Cloth. Great hack!

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Are you ok with people using this as a base and improving it/doing more intensive bug fixing? Either way, thanks for all the work you've done on this! <3 If you're "done" with it, I hope others are able to take it further.
    Not for me to say. Reach out to PCLG. He's the creator. Keep in mind he speaks Portuguese. He said i he made this for the community and is happy to see people playing and the translation, but i cant speak for him.

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    Is there an easy item cheat code to get hidden ability? Want to play a Libero Cinderace play through. The codes used in other hacks just brings up Alcremie berries or Reaper Cloth. Great hack!
    I'm not sure honestly. Some fire red cheat codes work.

Days
    • Seen Mar 14, 2024
    Hi Everyone!

I've been obsessed with the idea of GBA demakes for later games for a little while now. I stumbled across PCL.g and Jean star's Sword and Shield GBA game.

There are a few versions of this game floating around online. The regular version and an ultimate version. The regular version is in both Portuguese and English, while the Ultimate version is only in Portuguese.

While very cool in concept, these games all suffer from compatibility issues. They can only be played on specific emulators with specific settings. I did a deep dive into all of these roms in order to try to gain functionality on real hardware (ie, flashable repro. carts). The non-ultimate versions have a bug which will not allow you to progress past the title screen and will crash. I have had no success in fixing that version.

That left me with the Ultimate version. The Ultimate version worked...kinda. It contained game breaking bugs which caused crashes when you try to view either your bag or your party. This makes it impossible to catch Pokemon, use items, and many other issues which you could conceive.

I have fixed those bugs and now the game is playable on all emulators I have tested (mGBA, VBA-M, and no$gba) and functions on reflashed reproduction cartridges as well as on the Analogue pocket's openFPGA.

The game was still only in Portuguese. As a native English speaker, I wanted to play in my own language. I have faithfully translated the Ultimate version into English.

Here I am sharing a .ups patch which you can patch to a base Fire Red ROM which you may use to play on any medium of your choosing!

I want to again emphasize. I take no credit for the creation of this ROM hack, I merely translated it to English and fixed some bugs to make it compatible with real hardware. I asked PCL.G for permission to distribute this version and he approved my request.

Credit:
    Full credit to PCL.G and Jean stars, and various other members of their team who helped bring this rom to life originally!

Features:

- Full Gym Challenge.
    - Full Sword and Shield Story.
    - Isle of Armor and Crown Tundra post-game.
    - Auto-run by pressing L.
    - Dexnav in the menu.
    - Dynamax by pressing R on a move in battle when Dynamax is possible.
    - Gigantimax
    - Mega evolution
    - Z-moves
    - Ultra beasts

Screenshots:
    View attachment 155297View attachment 155298View attachment 155299View attachment 155300View attachment 155302View attachment 155303View attachment 155304View attachment 155305

Bugs:
    In the Wyndon train station, there is an eevee kid that will freeze the game if you speak to them prior to the piers event.
    Do not return to Rose Tower after you have beaten it, Piers will block the way and you will be stuck!

Shiny palettes are not present in this game, so you may run into a non-color changed shiny! I thought this was sorta funny, so I boosted the shiny odds.

Support:
    I have created a discord server to support this version:

Download:
    Attached zip of .ups file. Left file patch to FireRed USA, Europe (Rev1), Right patch to squirrels. Patch using Rom Patcher JS.
    How do i play this rom? No emulator I can find runs it's file type

Days
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    How do i play this rom? No emulator I can find runs it's file type
    Read under download, you patch it on a FireRed Squirrels ROM.
    You can patch it to squirrels for the squirrels patch, or fire red USA Rev1 which you would have gotten from a legitimate copy of fire red. I have provided both patches for compatibility. Please make sure you are patching for the correct version or it will not work as the base roms are quite different. I'd recommend using version 2.0 or later (more up to date versions in my discord, will add another version when enough changes are made on here).

Back