• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Team Plasma Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    I don't have much of an opinion on them other than that I find their costumes ridiculous. I'm really interested to know the full story behind them and why they dress the way they do. I've noticed with each passing generation, the outfits get more outlandish. It's really strange, though. They remind me of something medieval, and I'm really fascinated with the medieval times. And yet,... I don't like their character design. It's the periwinkle part of the design (the clothes they actually are, that is) that bothers me more than anything. I'd like them a lot better without the hood, the arm cuffs, and the puffy thing underneath their robe.

dieter57

pokemon master
    Years
  • when i see them i see all the past teams smashed into one.

the lameness of team rocket!
    the power of team magma!
    the strength of team aqua!
    the actual ability to make me cry of team galactic!
    and the craziness of all of them combined!

pokemad

Self taught hacker
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Aug 20, 2013
    Methinks they are all female.
    Reason: No difference in suit or face/hair

Apostrophe

Everybody do the search dance!
    Years
    • Seen Nov 10, 2010
    Honestly I do not like the new looks (nor the name) for Team Plasma. First off, they're wearing aprons. They look absolutely retarded. Second, "Team Plasma" sounds like a criminal gang that some eight year old would come up in their half-baked fanfic.

austy14

Cannibal
    Years
  • Honestly I do not like the new looks (nor the name) for Team Plasma. First off, they're wearing aprons. They look absolutely retarded. Second, "Team Plasma" sounds like a criminal gang that some eight year old would come up in their half-baked fanfic.

Aloe is wearing a very large apron, Dento was shown wearing an apron... maybe aprons are the in-thing in Ishuu. And who knows, maybe Games Freak consulted an 8 year old for fresh ideas in Ishuu.

Years
  • Agreed, Team Plasma seem to have really odd wardrobe. Plated armor, hood and aprons? Well at least they have better hairstyles than galactic grunt haircuts....

The plasma grunts have what looks like medievel Garb on, similar to a knight. the Plasma logo on their chest is based on a heraldic shield or coat of arms.

Plasma:
    Spoiler:

now a knight in a chain mail suit:

Spoiler:

this is also supported by the castle you can go to in the game

Ankoku Flare

Artsy Dragon
    Years
  • I was aware that they are going to a medieval theme on this team. Nice use on the comarison between those images.
    The hoods and gloves would of probably make more sense if they actually had that chain mail texture. The current design for plasma look pretty stiff and uncomfortable like plating. Showing that much leg in a guy is sort of odd ...well for me x3

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I prefer the Plasma design to the image posted of the knight, it just looks... more realistic for Plasma, which doesn't really make sense, but yeah. XD; If they were somewhat like knights though, they'd be, idk, honourable? :(

Or at least, as a child, that's how I saw all knights.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
    Years
  • There are "Black Knights" that are supposedly associated with Death. So maybe that is what they are representing the bad side of Knights.

Years
  • I prefer the Plasma design to the image posted of the knight, it just looks... more realistic for Plasma, which doesn't really make sense, but yeah. XD; If they were somewhat like knights though, they'd be, idk, honourable? :(

Or at least, as a child, that's how I saw all knights.

well most Knights were supposed to be honorable, problem is they had trouble acting that way sometimes. :/

It may have been back in the rumors thread, but i saw something that said B&W is following the old vs new, the natural Vs artificial, or Yin/yang theme somewhere. So mabe team plasma is an old-fashioned organization, Very Anti-technology. So that makes me think they'd want to use/capture Reshiram.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    Yeah but what would their relation to Zekrom be then? :(

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • They dont have a relation to Zekrom, because that N guy or the other mysterious man already does. :) Zekrom as an electric type represents artificial light/heat, and therefore technology.
    I have been thinking what if it's the opposite and Zekrom represents the opposite of what it looks like, and Rashiram as well, Zekrom could be Nature thus why it lives in the White forest and Rashiram tech...their looks could be throwing us off like they did when we tried to guess their types...

Sora's Nobody

The Official Roxas
    Years

• I have been thinking what if it's the opposite and Zekrom represents the opposite of what it looks like, and Rashiram as well, Zekrom could be Nature thus why it lives in the White forest and Rashiram tech...their looks could be throwing us off like they did when we tried to guess their types...
    I think the opposite of that. I think Zekrom is tech and lives in natur and reshiram is natur and lives in the town. Yes i know makes no sence

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    It goes white forest and black city, not the other way round.

I actually thought that white forest = white and black city = black, according to what I remember anyway.

Years
  • It goes white forest and black city, not the other way round.

I actually thought that white forest = white and black city = black, according to what I remember anyway.

Ahh mass confusion. @_@

yes, its black city and white forest. So hypothetically Zekrom would be caught in the forest, and reshiram in the black city. So i think Sora is right.

Back to team plasma, i still think they're old fashioned and will use attempt to use reshiram.

here's something interesting i found on the pokewiki:

Spoiler:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back