• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket ... Are In Alola?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Sorry but this is rubbish. Team Rocket is a joke and this is clearly more Kanto pandering. Now USUM can never be ten out ten for me because Team Rocket is a down side to these games. If they are the post game then the post game is actually worst than SM and other non-kanto games. So much for ending the generation off with a bang. Very disappointed in Game Freak.

Powerserge

The Imminent Victor
    Years
    Sorry but this is rubbish. Team Rocket is a joke and this is clearly more Kanto pandering. Now USUM can never be ten out ten for me because Team Rocket is a down side to these games. If they are the post game then the post game is actually worst than SM and other non-kanto games. So much for ending the generation off with a bang. Very disappointed in Game Freak.

Ouch!

I wouldn't mind seeing Giovanni at least. This makes me happy, because Team Rocket has always been my favorite. They inspired my whole "Reverse Rocket" cringy fanfic stuff....

Years
    That Rocket hideout is also Lusamine's mansion. Compare them closely. TR (Rainbow Rocket) taking over Aether & summoning the other teams was also hinted at in the leaks.

If you think about it, Aether Paradise is the perfect place for Team Rocket to take over. All of those Pokemon are already there for them. They don't have to break a sweat! {XD} I wonder if this is before or after Lusamine goes completely off the rails, or if Lusamine is even an antagonist in these games.

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Team Rocket better go after a legendary pokemon this time. RB was kind of acceptable since they were the first games. However, it was not acceptable that Team Rocket did not aim for a legendary in Yellow, GSC, FRLG & HGSS. There was no excuse for them to not target a legendary.

If Team Rocket pulls another "evil plan with no legendaries involved" then i am done with them and Kanto.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jun 11, 2019
    Team Rocket better go after a legendary pokemon this time. RB was kind of acceptable since they were the first games. However, it was not acceptable that Team Rocket did not aim for a legendary in Yellow, GSC, FRLG & HGSS. There was no excuse for them to not target a legendary.

If Team Rocket pulls another "evil plan with no legendaries involved" then i am done with them and Kanto.

Most of the other evil teams r about obtaining a legendary. Why would u want TR to aim for that too?

Last edited:

pkmin3033

OK but seriously if they cram in any more Gen I references they might as well just call the entire 7th generation Pokemon Red II and Green II...or would these two be Blue II and Yellow II?

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years
    Very interesting and exciting indeed. Team Rocket were the last people that I was expecting to pop up. I'm curious though if this is actually part of the game or if it's an event similar to the time-travel one we got with Celebi in HGSS.

littlebeeb

小さなもの
    Years
    I'm super pumped about this too but I want it to make sense to the story and not just be something super rando shoved into the game.

I can't wait to hear how they update their music. :o

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    Woah, I remember hearing about the Rainbow Rocket rumors from watching a TyranitarTube channel. I had a feeling that they would turn out to be real when the guy dismissed them xD

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    As cool as Team Rocket is to come back, I think that Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver Crystal, and their remakes are enough for their appearances. It's just more Gen I pandering at this point.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
    As cool as Team Rocket is to come back, I think that Red/Blue/Yellow, Gold/Silver Crystal, and their remakes are enough for their appearances. It's just more Gen I pandering at this point.

Yeah, kind of feels like it. At least according to the rumor the rest of the GRAMPS F (the evil teams) will be appearing too ^^. Apparently from worlds in which they won...
    Look forward to seeing god Cyrus... xD

Oh no... Lysander won... everyone not part of Flare is dead... (Meanwhile, Cyrus killed everyone in a universe...)

Last edited:

mew_nani

Pokécommunity's Licensed Tree Exorcist
    Years

If you take the anime as canon they created a legendary. Something that I'd like to see happen again honestly. Mewtwo/mewthree/whatever vs Type: Null. Make it happen Game Freak. ^^

WingsofBliss

Flies with the wind.
    Years

This made me think of something... what if the plot goes like this:

- Aether Foundation wants to protect Necrozma like it does with other 'mons.
    - Ultra Recon Squad wants to destroy Necrozma because of the danger it poses.
    - Team Rocket wants to capture Necrozma and use its powers for world domination, and then some.

But the whole thing about other past antagonists showing up might not fit into this...

Anyways, who thinks we might end up getting a trailer sometime this week about this info? Where did this leaked picture even come from?

Alexander18

Banned
    Years
    • NZ
    • Seen Dec 29, 2017
    Most of the other evil teams r about obtaining a legendary. Why would u want TR to aim for that too?
    Because going after a legendary is what makes an evil team interesting. Team Rocket plot is boring and made no sense at all.

If you take the anime as canon they created a legendary. Something that I'd like to see happen again honestly. Mewtwo/mewthree/whatever vs Type: Null. Make it happen Game Freak. ^^
    Anime is not canon to the games. At least let us see team rocket go after Mewtwo for once in the games.

Anyway Kanto is not returning. Team Rocket returning does not imply Kanto's return. Kanto is finished.

Years
    • Seen Aug 19, 2019
    If you think about it, Aether Paradise is the perfect place for Team Rocket to take over. All of those Pokemon are already there for them. They don't have to break a sweat! {XD} I wonder if this is before or after Lusamine goes completely off the rails, or if Lusamine is even an antagonist in these games.

I agree, it's pretty awesome and probably means we'll get to explore the rest of the mansion too.

But as for Lusamine, the same leak says she "Takes a chill pill" which could mean any number of things. The interpretation I see a lot of people taking (myself included) is that Nihilego never corrupts her and never really goes insane. Other hints toward this would be Gladion referring to her as Mother still (called her The President in SM), even though we've gotten multiple glimpses at Ultra Space & other Ultra Beasts, we haven't seen Motherbeast or Nihilego come out of the wormhole at Aether. Only Lusamine laying over a seemingly incapacitated Guzma at the Altar warning someone to run from the monster.

Even anime Lusamine seems to be pretty chill so far, only showing signs of emotional neglect with Lillie due to her busy schedule. Faba on the other hand seems to have something up his sleeve, going so far as to hiring Team Rocket to Aether to help steal Nebby. The two might not be related at all but it wouldn't be out of the ordinary for the anime to take cues from the third version plot. Especially with Lillie being a trainer in the anime and the USUM poster later revealing this to be the case in the games.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 1, 2023
    I actually...don't mind Team Rocket being in this game?
    Let's be fair, it's been 3 gen since they've been in any game. I think it's time for a comeback. As long as they're interesting I think it'll be cool.

I think at this point I should probably stop looking at this thread to avoid spoilers. Lol

Back