• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Team Rocket Returns, and so do I...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
Years
  • ...With a new 5 card promo set (consider Team Rocket's Revenge semi-canceled. I won't complete the set due to various reasons [like Nintendo stealing my idea >.>] but I will make some cards from it eventually).

The first of this five card promo set of evil and darkness is Dark Zangoose.

Please rate, critique, eat a taco, and enjoy. I know a bunch of stuff is probably messed up since it's been a while since I made a fake and the tutorial I use vanished...

Edit: And here's the twin of that card, Dark Seviper:

Last edited:

Kenny_C.002

Welcome to Rokkenjima
    Years
  • Eh? The mechanics of the cards look alright to me. I however don't feel there is a requirement for specific grass "hosing"(i.e. specifically going after that one type) It MIGHT be better to change the mechanic on zangoose's attack. Otherwise it feels quite balanced and I don't see problems with it.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Thanks for the compliments guys. I'm not making them holo because they aren't meant to be. I have made a few alterations/fixes to Dark Zangoose and Dark Seviper, and now it is time to finish up this promo set, with some old friends we haven't seen since the Neo sets...

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • I have fixed some errors in the promo cards above. As you can see, that promo set is finished (though I'm thinking about turning it into a slightly larger normal set).

Now it's time for the first of my many promo sets dealing with certain areas. The first are we will visit on my tour of Kanto is Lavender tower with its local ghost, Marowak EX!

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • PiroMunkie said:
    I like the dual psychic/poison(grass). It is a nice touch. But on Haunter, it says "put 3 damage counters from the Defending Pokemon. I think you made a little typo there, other than that. Nice, and the Gastly would get on everyones nerves. XD
    What typo? I don't know what you are talking about? >.> Oh why even bother? I am teh tpyo matser! Muahahaha!

And yes, I lvoe annoying people so Gastly is perfect =] And its a good chance for n00bs to kill themselves.

N00b: "Use that attack that does 120 damage!"
    Opponent: "But if you used its other attack, you'd win."
    n00b: "NO USE THE SUPER MEGA OVERPOWERED ATTACK YOU FAYGOT!!11!!!"
    *opponent's turn and mind-controlled attack*
    Opponent: "Guess I win"
    n00b: "YOU MUST HAVE HACKED YOU HACKING FAYGOT! I'M GOING TO GET HACKS AND BLOW UP YOUR COMPUTER!!!11!"

The real irony here is not that they're playing a real life card game and not a computer game, it's that people that dumb actually live on this planet.

Shadow

Original Flavor Darkness
    Years
  • Thanks for the comments PSB, and I try with the backgrounds but sometimes I just can't do anything XD

Now we have someone who will "break a leg" as they say in show business.

*dies horribly for the bad pun*

And now we leave the old memories of Lavander behind and head west to the big city. No I'm not talking about Hollywood, I mean Saffron! Time to challange the gym leader and her star Pok?mon, Kadabra!

Last edited:

MiNuN*

『yakusoku no nohara』
    Years
  • Great job. Though, I'd say some of the cards are a bit basic. 8/10, i'd give it.
    I don't see many problems with your cards.. though, you should work on your artwork, to give it a better aerodynamic look, and for what I have seen, your Dark Zangoose needs that little adjustment with the energy icon in Bloodfleud.
    Good stuff overall, better from what I have seen lately.
    Signed, Akira.

Back