• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Tool: Team Snag'em Tools!

What tool should be updated/worked on and released next?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

School days again...
Years
  • You should merge the Pokedex Data editor and Pokedex Data Switcher because they both edit Pokedex data.

EDIT:
    Thanks for the tool, it worked!

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Yes we plan on doing that.
    It's just that together they may cause more problems and users have different preferences.
    These are obviously not final versions...

Years
  • I'd rather the tools seperatly myself. Less confusion, there would be buttons everywhere if they were combined, also GREAT TOOLS!! I am sure that they will come in handy for my hack. Also they look very nice, very simple and easy to use. Good job!! and Keep up the hard work!!

School days again...
    Years
  • Are you also planning to add the 25 empty slots in Pokedex Order Editor and Pokedex Data Editor?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Are you also planning to add the 25 empty slots in Pokedex Order Editor and Pokedex Data Editor?

ah they should already be in the order editor.

In the pokedex data editor no.
    Why? Well because the 25 empty slots don't have pokedex data. But if you were to change the order, giving one of the empty slots a pokedex entry then you could edit its data.

Please everyone more questions and suggestions welcome!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Why, would they may cause more problems?

More like user related problems I think. My mind is a weird place and its hard to explain myself sometimes.
    I'll upload a newer version of the switcher later. ;)

Plus I really wanted to have a tool that would be a better version of Dexter.

The switcher was just a mess around and I didn't think I would be releasing it when I made it.

Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2021
    really, these could use a little work.
    i was using pokedex data editor and couldn't change the description of the pokemon and i wasn't able to tell which pokemon was which!
    some suggestions:
    in the list (for choosing the pokemon) change stuff like "SEA BASIN" to "Kyogre" or "UNKNOWN" to "??????????" or "MissingNo." or even " 'M "to make it easier for newbies to use.
    because, really, what poken00b (not saying you are one, G2020) would know all of those pokenames?
    i barely knew them, and iv'e played pokemon for years.
    12 years.
    any way, other than that, i really think that these tools are great, and with a little improvement, they could be really famous.
    you could be like swampert(from swampert tools)! (BTW, He was one of the ones who invented the first Rom-hacking tools for stuff like R/B/Y/YSP/GR/G/S/C.)

i will send a Friend Request to you!

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • really, these could use a little work.
    i was using pokedex data editor and couldn't change the description of the pokemon and i wasn't able to tell which pokemon was which!
    some suggestions:
    in the list (for choosing the pokemon) change stuff like "SEA BASIN" to "Kyogre" or "UNKNOWN" to "??????????" or "MissingNo." or even " 'M "to make it easier for newbies to use.
    because, really, what poken00b (not saying you are one, G2020) would know all of those pokenames?
    12 years.
    any way, other than that, i really think that these tools are great, and with a little improvement, they could be really famous.
    you could be like swampert(from swampert tools)! (BTW, He was one of the ones who invented the first Rom-hacking tools for stuff like R/B/Y/YSP/GR/G/S/C.)

Ah. At the moment you can only repoint the description. (like in dexter) I plan on improving the tool.

Idk about the name thing though since the Pokedex data isn't really attached to the pokemon but I will see what I can do.

I like these tools ,though they can't help to hack JP roms...

Well I can add support for Japanese Roms. That isn't a problem.
    Which tools do you want to work for the Japanese games?

Years
    • Seen Jan 4, 2011
    So say with the Pokedex editor you could change the Pokemon that appears in the regional dex? Were in FR pokemon outside of the regional dex could evolve before the National Dex?

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • Couldn't most of those tools just be merged into one?

Better version of the switcher now ;)

really, these could use a little work.
    some suggestions:
    because, really, what poken00b (not saying you are one, Gamer2020) would know all of those pokenames?
    12 years.

Use the new version of the Data switcher. It displays the pokemon names as they are read in the ROM so that should help your non-knowing Pokedex entires ways. (Meaning even if you change Charmander to lets say Chimchar it will say Chimchar.)

I like these tools ,though they can't help to hack JP roms...

We are now working on finding certain things in the Japanese Roms just cause you mentioned it. ;)

It may be a few days but we will definitely add support for them.

P.S. We could add support faster if we had the offsets for things like the pokemon names. Please if you know these then submit them to Team Snag'em and you will be credited. ^^

So say with the Pokedex editor you could change the Pokemon that appears in the regional dex? Were in FR pokemon outside of the regional dex could evolve before the National Dex?

I don't fully understand your questions... sorry I'm tired...

Years
  • >< Really~?!I'm so happy!
    In the past days,I was programing on a dex editor which can support all languages.
    I was trying to post it ,but it said the thread need to be check or something.
    Now I see your good tools and I think I don't need to program it any more.
    And this is the information about JP roms:

FR:
    The data of Bulbasaur start at 0x40E2EC,
    See the picture below.The tags started at red one, one by one means:Species,Hight,Weight,Pointer which point to the text,Magnification of PKMN,Position of PKMN,Magnification of Player.
    So each PKMN is about 28 bytes.
    And the data after these are Ivysaur's.The data before these are No.0's(I can't test it in games ,so I can't say it)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49235&stc=1&d=1251084487

Ruby:
    The data of Bulbasaur start at 0x384768,
    The meaning of these tags are the same.And its size is also 28 bytes.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49236&stc=1&d=1251084487

EM:
    The data of Bulbasaur start at 0x5406B8,
    The meaning of these tags are the same,too.And its size is still 28 bytes.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49237&stc=1&d=1251085045

So that's what I searched,hope that there won't be any mistakes...

Last edited:

Gamer2020

Accept no Imitations!
    Years
  • >< Really~?!I'm so happy!
    In the past days,I was programing on a dex editor which can support all languages.
    I was trying to post it ,but it said the thread need to be check or something.
    Now I see your good tools and I think I don't need to program it any more.
    And this is the information about JP roms:

FR:
    The data of Bulbasaur start at 0x40E2EC,
    See the picture below.The tags started at red one, one by one means:Species,Hight,Weight,Pointer which point to the text,Magnification of PKMN,Position of PKMN,Magnification of Player.
    So each PKMN is about 28 bytes.
    And the data after these are Ivysaur's.The data before these are No.0's(I can't test it in games ,so I can't say it)
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49235&stc=1&d=1251084487

Ruby:
    The data of Bulbasaur start at 0x384768,
    The meaning of these tags are the same.And its size is also 28 bytes.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49236&stc=1&d=1251084487

EM:
    The data of Bulbasaur start at 0x5406B8,
    The meaning of these tags are the same,too.And its size is still 28 bytes.
    https://www.pokecommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=49237&stc=1&d=1251085045

So that's what I searched,hope that there won't be any mistakes...

Cool this is good for a start.
    I need the list of pokemon as in.
    ???????????
    Bulbasaur
    Ivysaur
    Etc.

Plus I need it for all versions...

Do you have an IM? Perhaps we can talk more?
    I'm lostatlife2020 on msn, aim and yahoo.

GKS

Retired Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2013
    These are really good tools, Gamer2020.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back