• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

{Teen} Severed Grounds- A Pokemon Sierra Nuzlocke Comic

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
Years
  • Woops I dropped off of the face of this site again. I hope I can change that. Anyway, I present to you a new comic I recently (since yesterday) began.

About Severed Grounds

Spoiler:

Rules
    Spoiler:

Warnings
    Spoiler:

The Comic
    Spoiler:

Bonus doodles and etc arts:

Spoiler:

Updates will hopefully be on Wednesdays and Saturdays once a week until I can get some extra pages done for buffer, then it will go to the originally planned update schedule, but these days are not set in stone because I am not the fastest worker or a person of my word less often than I am one.

Thank you for taking the time to read my ridiculous comic, it means alot, as well as comments, critique and them sorts of things.
    Have a good day ouo

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hi godo156, just keep in mind that you must have at least 4 examples of your art to have a gallery, so please update this to include another three pieces (they don't necessarily need to be pages of your comic, just your outline sketches for each panel or something would qualify) or I'll have to close this. :(

I'll give you some time to get your thread sorted though. When you get set up I'll definitely be reviewing this because your comic looks great so far!

Good luck. :)

godo156

All Hail the Glow Cloud
    Years
  • Hi godo156, just keep in mind that you must have at least 4 examples of your art to have a gallery, so please update this to include another three pieces (they don't necessarily need to be pages of your comic, just your outline sketches for each panel or something would qualify) or I'll have to close this. :(

I'll give you some time to get your thread sorted though. When you get set up I'll definitely be reviewing this because your comic looks great so far!

Good luck. :)

Okay, thanks! Sorry, completely forgot about that rule..it's been forever since I came here :x
    I'll get some doodles that I did a bit ago up as a bonus thing. Sorry again.

EDIT: added extra pics to amend for the broken rule.

Last edited:
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Haha, it's okay. Everyone makes mistakes, even the veterans. ;) Glad you got everything uploaded!

I'm going to comment specifically on your comic. I consider myself somewhat of a comic enthusiast, so I'd like to think that gives me some ounce of credibility when it comes to critiquing comics of the digital variety (wow, that was a big way of saying "I don't know what I'm doing but I'll say it anyway" >_>).

Anyway, I very much like your text bubble placement. I feel like there's a good flow there that's easy to read and doesn't hurt the eyes. That said, I think you should darken (or lighten) the transparency in the box. Having so much visible drawing behind the text bubble makes me want to squint. Which, in this case, is honestly fine. But when you get to chapter 67 page 101, your audience will definitely be struggling.

I very, very much like the gradient you have in the background of the entire page too. Considering it begins in the early morning and progresses to a more "awake" time, having that transition between dark blue to orange-peach is very clever, in my opinion. Next, take the time to draw out the guidelines for each character in each panel. I can see pretty clearly that you thought about the female character's positioning in the beginning, but as it progresses your anatomy becomes a little more fluid. But, that may be intentional. Just remember that every panel counts! There's also some really great environmental details you've got going on that I really like. Like that chair. <3

Finally, in the third to last panel, the male character's hand is upside down and backwards. When someone is drinking something in that position, from the audience's perspective the thumb is on the bottom of the can/vessel with the fingers facing towards to reader. Not only that, but the panel before that has the character's left hand picking up the beer, but he's using his right hand to drink it. Your continuity is askew.

It's not that this kind of stuff is a total deal breaker though; because it certainly doesn't subtract from the story, which is what a comic is chiefly about. The art is just a means of conveying the story in a visual manor. Quite literally, illustrating it. That said, if you're going for a high quality, serious comic here, it's those details that you need to be mindful of. So there's some food for thought!

Overall, I think you've got a lot to offer us here, and I very much look forward to reading more. I think the characters are an interesting take on some of the more conventional comics we see here (when we get them) so please keep going! I'd love to see how this progresses. Good luck!

Back