• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ten Sights of Paldea

Years
    Paldea has a series of landmarks spread around called the 'Ten Sights of Paldea'.

These are:
    -Grand Olive Orchard
    -Secluded Beach
    -Colonnade Hollow
    -Million Volt Skyline
    -Leaking Tower of Paldea
    -Fury Falls
    -Gracia Stones
    -Casseroya Falls
    -Glaseado's Grasp
    -Paldea's Highest Peak

Below is a video that shows them all:

Some of the sights aren't shown that well in the video, but I couldn't find a better one. Should be an okay memory jog still.
    I've attached a couple screenshots that better show Glaseado's grasp (it's not just the pillar!), Fury Falls as a whole, and the inside of Colonnade Hollow as imo it's a better view being inside looking out than being outside of it looking in.

Did you seek out the Ten Sights of Paldea or is this your first time hearing about them?
    If you sought them out, did you find them all or did you miss any?

Which of the Sights did you like the most?

Feel free to rank them in order of how much you like them =3

Gameplay wise the only thing they do is add new Fly locations, for 8 of these 10 sights, if you visit their signposts.
    Do you think some kind of reward for visiting them all would've been nice? If so, what would you have wanted the reward to be?

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Personally, I visited them all. I did not actively seek them out as much as I just thoroughly went everywhere searching for items, Pokemon I hadn't caught yet, etc. and just ended up finding them all.

As for which I liked the most... Fury Falls is the one that made the biggest impression to me during my playthrough.

1) Fury Falls - The video doesn't showcase it that well as it's a set of waterfalls going down and the video only shows the bottom area. It's the prettiest sight imo
    Spoiler:

2) Glaseado's Grasp. A cliff that looks like a grasping hand, albeit not a human one. Video doesn't really showcase it that well tbh. The upright pillar is but a part of it.
    Spoiler:

3) Casseroya Falls. Big impressive waterfalls.
    4) Colonnade Hollow. Unusual looking cave. Looks better from the inside looking out imo
    Spoiler:

5) Million Volt Skyline. - Looks quite pretty at night, but not as interesting during the day imo
    6) Paldea's Highest Peak. - The highest point in the world and it's set in an Icy area. Provides a nice view of the area, but is otherwise not that interesting imo.
    7) Leaking Tower of Paldea. - an interesting sight. The tower could've looked more damaged and/or weathered though. Other than being partially submerged it looks pretty intact if not fully intact.
    8) Grand Olive Orchard - Could've been a nice view honestly. Ended up a bit lackluster, though not bad. Doesn't quite live up to the word 'Grand' imo.
    9) Gracia Stones. - It looks okay, not sure what else to say lol
    10) Secluded Beach. - Feels like just some random beach to me. What sets this apart from the other beaches in-game, I wonder?

I think visiting all 10 sights would've been a nice way to give some Pokemon not natively found in Paldea to the player. For example, once you visit the 5th and later the 10th one you could be called on your Rotom Phone and be told a prize is waiting you at a location, for example the square in Mesagoza. At 5 sights found it could be an Alolan Meowth and at 10 sights found a Kanto Tauros, both not found in Paldea without transferring them in afaik.
    Alternatively, they could also just have given us some items. The Love Ball is the only apriball not obtained through the PokeDex milestones. Could've handed one out here, to reward your 'love' for exploration/Paldea, for example.

-

Attachments

• Ten Sights of Paldea
      355449999_791872379327497_7096827152659211481_n.jpg
      77.6 KB · Views: 18
    • Ten Sights of Paldea
      355454349_791872382660830_1363962464647593964_n.jpg
      141.5 KB · Views: 18
    • Ten Sights of Paldea
      355671734_791872375994164_2768520294980960884_n.jpg
      86.7 KB · Views: 20
    Last edited:
    Years
    Just sorta a thing that exists for me. I probably ran into all of these at some point when completing the dex but i have nothing to say about them. Sometimes i stop for sights but most of the time playing a game i need to be DOING something you know?

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Online now
    Probably mentioned the Ten Sights of Paldea in dialogue somewhere. Glossed right over it. Found out about them by visiting Paldea's Highest Peak by chance. Read that signboard. (Visited several places before then. May not have read the signboard and/or read it and forgot about it instantly.)

Eventually checked them all out for the flightpaths. Needed maybe half or so? (Likely missed Million Volt Skyline, Grand Olive Orchard, Secluded Beach, Casseroya Falls, and the place in the far northwest.) Possibly more. Barely explored the northern half of the map during the main playthrough. Already had a good number of levels. Wandered around it when looking for stakes. (Went for flightpaths some time after that.)

Prefers Paldea's Highest Peak just for the overlooking view. Appreciates Colonnade Hollow for being unique-looking terrain.

Would not have minded a slight reward, like a TM or a special ball. Stuck some of the flightpaths right next to others. Reduced their value a little.

Back