• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

THAT MOVIE HURT MY EMOTIONS.

pkmin3033

Celebi's, actually. It was ridiculously overdone on the part of the human characters, but then Wrapped up in the Light started playing and I just...kinda had a miniature meltdown, haha. Then the Marauder randomly ruined it by trying to blast off with an improbable jetpack, completely dispelling the moment. But that music really got to me ;_;

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
  • I'd have to re-watch the movies to remember exactly but the first movie's "death" scene with Ash is always a classic and still gets to me every time I watch it especially with the buildup and the descent into chaos between the clones and originals and in the middle of it all the Meowths just sitting there and TR's Meowth's monolgue was just a beautiful lead-in and finally, the crying of the Pokemon, especially Pikachu, was just heart-wrenching.

Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen May 19, 2021
    Lucario's death from The Mystery of Mew is the one that gets me the most, with Ash's death from the first a close second. Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is my favorite Pokémon movie! I remember one day a couple years back when I was re-watching it, I legitimately started crying three times consecutively. It's such a great movie, and I wish the current movies had as much emotional depth as this one or any of the older movies, like Pokémon Heroes, for instance.

Iceshadow3317

Fictional Writer.
    Years
  • I am not going to say 1st movie, as it was obvious, although after rewatching the movie again after so many years, it is one of the worst movies I have ever seen.

I love a lot of the movies, but 3rd Gen seems to come out on top for me.

Lucario, Ash in the Manaphy movie, Latios, and Jirachi, although Jirachi's could have been a lot better.

Lucario, as it was the second real death in pokemon that was obvious and didn't return. Latios, similar to Lucario.

Ash in Manaphy movie. You could see the friendship and bond between May and Ash, even though it may not have be a lover's bond, it was still one of the strongest. Ash in 2000, again, you could see the bond between Misty and Ash, and if they hadn't removed Misty giving him CPR, I think it would have been a lot better.

Jirachi, honestly the song did it in this one. The song could have been so much better if they had actually song it though. I don't know why they missed the chance.

Back