• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Age Limit Has Been Lifted

Master Kwesi Nkromah

"Pokéfan Kwesi"
    Years
    THE AGE LIMIT HAS BEEN LIFTED ON THE THUNDER DOME. To gain access, all interested participants need to send a PM to any Administrator (Kairi), Praetors, or Super Moderator requesting access.

Please think carefully before deciding on participating in thunder dome discussion. Most topics take advantage of mature view points that may not be suitable for children.

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
    are you sure thats a good idea though kwesi? I just dont want some 10 year old reading something thats like propaganda and taking it to hard :-\

Lokhlan

Formerly "Tendo"
    Years
    Meh, I've already noticed a few immature posters in the T-Dome who are over the age limit. I think special cases such as Flygon Trainer's should just be accepted while maintaining the limit. But all is well...

I'm sure if things get out of hand then the age limit will be brought back. Lets hope it doesn't get bad though.

Kairi

The Original $staff_title
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    We haven't had a lot of kids requesting access to the T-dome, it's mostly 13 and 12 year olds who just quite don't make it. Age doesn't constitute maturity, and some people don't take their time and type properly even if they are of age. =\

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    Kairi said:
    Age doesn?t constitute maturity, and some people don?t take their time and type properly even if they are of age. =\
    Just kick out people that don't type properly then.

I think there should be a age limit, but just lowered. Like you said, it's mostly 12 and 13 year olds that don't make it, so just lower the limit to 12 years old.

Then if someone under 12 wants to join, let him/her prove how mature they are.(In other words, make them type a 20,000 word essay of why they need to join! XD jk)

Thats just my two cents.

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    Ehh, but who's to say 12 is the bar? @_@; Really I think it's best to take a reactive stance on this than proactive.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    @_@ Just make sure people understand the language of goggledegook (Did I spell it right?) Which means language of big words. That should prove some part of maturity. O_o;

Edit: Goobbledegook*

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    asher_son_of_ash said:
    @_@ Just make sure people understand the language of goggledegook (Did I spell it right?) Which means language of big words. That should prove some part of maturity. O_o;

Edit: Goobbledegook*

Indeed, a large portion of my supposed "intelligence" is actually comprised of superior acting skills, grammar, and an abnormally large vocabulary.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 19, 2008
    O_o;Well, that is true. Maturity means being fully developed in mind and body, don't it? That means you have to be a fully grown adult before you can be mature and that means the T-dome shouldn't allow people below 16. Unfair, isn't it? O_o;

So we should aim at younger signs of maturity and part of that is intelligence.

Brittany

Back?
    Years
    asher_son_of_ash said:
    O_o;Well, that is true. Maturity means being fully developed in mind and body, don't it? That means you have to be a fully grown adult before you can be mature and that means the T-dome shouldn't allow people below 16. Unfair, isn't it? O_o;

So we should aim at younger signs of maturity and part of that is intelligence.
    Actually...no

A matured mind or body is great. But we speak of a matured attitude, and enough comprehension to know whats going on in the t-dome.

I'm just saying, that most kids of a certain age tend to act more mature than others. But, because that isn't the case all the time, if they are mature enough, then they should be able to enter.(by means of a test or some other way to tell how mature the person is)

I also understand, that there are immature teenagers, that don't deserve to be in the t-dome. Thats already being sorted out, because they will get kicked out.

So I'm just saying, that I think we should have an age limit(accepting those who are underage with maturity also).
    Anyways, its like I said earlier...Its just my two cents.

Years
    I do consider myself mature enough, but i'm not gonna ask to get access to the Thunder Dome, as I mostly stick to one place in the forum, mainly the RM2k forum, so it wouldn't matter to me if I had access or not.

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I just wish that the members would read Kwesi's thread about the T-Dome. I mean before Kwesi lifted this 14 year old thing I would get lots of members asking "Can I get into the T-Dome" and they are only 13 or 12. So that means they didn't read Kwesi's thread and rules of the T-Dome.

shining_light

Dolphins. ^^. School. ;-;
    Years
    I personally wouldn't mind Accsees to T-Dome, now that that 14 year old and up ban has been lifted. I actually like talking about politics (o.0). I mean, some people might be 9, and could enter T-Dome.

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2011
    I don't really care...I don't care if im allowed in there or not, but some younger people may take it personaly!

Kairi

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2021
    @LFP16: But we can't be fair if we only let some 12 year olds in we deem mature can we? =\ That almost feels like picking favorites, and truthfully there's MORE 14+ year olds here who can't handle it, IMO.

Back