• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Debate The anti vaxx or anti mask debate and COVID 19

Years
  • I also find it funny that some anti-vaxxers are saying taking the vaccine means your taking the mark of the beast. And me sitting there reading this and going, "what," we're not in the middle of the tribulation period just yet people. I honestly think all people should get vaccinated that are able to if they really care about their health. While I know it is possible to still get covid even if you are vaccinated, but it is very rare as it is common knowledge that most of the people getting covid aren't vaccinated. So I would question the anti-vaxxers who say the vaccines aren't effective.

Also I will point out that most big business ironically support the vaccine mandate, and lets be honest there is already vaccine mandates in place anyways and that was before covid was a thing and anti-vaxxers want to complain about the vaccine mandate when they have no choice but to get their children vaccinated against major illnesses just to get them in school. I think these anti-vaxxers don't really care about other people's well being and I'm disappointed in them over that, people need to learn responsibility.

Gabri

m8
    Years
  • Years upon years of scientific research and money thrown into said research that was scrutizined by their own peers throughout all those years, decades and even centuries are superior and more trustworthy and correct than your feelings, opinions and stuff you find on social media through your aunt's cousin and 5 minutes of shitty Google searches.

Get the damn vaccine and wear your damn masks. No one has the right to endanger the lives and health of those around them for the sake of "freedom" or "personal liberty".

Years
  • I have friends who don't want to get vaccinated and while I can understand some people still being afraid and unsure, it upsets me greatly to read the countless stories about unvaccinated individuals (who are able to get vaccinated but chose not to) taking up a lot of resources in hospitals and the consequences of that. /: Everyone deserves access to medical care regardless of vaccination status, absolutely, but I do feel like anyone who can should make an effort to get vaccinated to help support those who are immunocompromised/unable to get vaccinated/etc. If we plan to participate in society and be near others (which is pretty much unavoidable) getting the vaccine is doing your due diligence.

don't get the vaccine if you don't want to, sure, but don't then complain when there's consequences to that

This is how I feel. If someone doesn't want to get vaccinated then that's entirely up to them, but I personally feel they can't complain if certain things in society require it. Especially for job positions like teaching and healthcare where you're in close proximity to many people.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    The whole "don't get it but don't complain" thing sounds nice on paper, but doesn't really work in practice. Sometimes the consequences aren't enforced, if they're even there to begin with. In the US it's just been one big uncoordinated mess, with each state being allowed to handle things however they want, even though this is a global pandemic. These people are just possible disease vectors waiting to happen, they will inevitably come into contact with other people.

Like, at this point, most people who are still saying that they're uneasy about getting vaccinated or are still waiting for "something", never wanted to get vaccinated in the first place and are just clinging to one of the few excuses that sound valid, even though it's getting thinner and thinner with every passing day. What could anyone possibly be waiting for? Half the world is vaccinated at this point, the data is there. How many stories do people need to hear about people who thought that covid is a hoax or that vaccination is dangerous and then get covid and voice their regrets about not taking it seriously/not getting vaccinated? How many kids have to get sick and potentially fucking die?

Yesterday on the news they had a bit about this teacher who is all sad and angry over how he is likely going to lose his job because he refuses to get vaccinated (and I assume also refuses to submit to weekly testing since that's something the governor here threw in when he started a vaccine mandate). And it's like....I'm really supposed to feel sorry for this guy? I'm really supposed to believe that I'm the asshole here for thinking it's a good thing that people, who can't bring themselves to do the right thing and even go as far as attacking people who support covid restrictions or laugh at kids who talk about how their grandparents died from covid, are actually suffering harsh consequences for once in this pandemic? Fuck that shit.

Back