• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] The Arcade

Years
    • Seen today
    Updating scores:
    Spoiler:

budube

Hi I'm Cube
    Years
    • Age 24
    • She / They
    • Seen Apr 30, 2024
    Got a few records here :femme2:

Spoiler:

Years
  • wow although I'm getting further more reliably, beating my fluke score has proven pretty hard 😅
    the rng of where the race cars are can be brutal 😂

managed to trump it by a little just now:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• The Arcade
      picoracer6.png
      60.4 KB · Views: 32
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Spoiler: Combo Pool update: 320520

The Arcade

Finally understands the combo mechanic...to a degree.

Years
  • This is starting to get more frustrating than fun, probably time to try a diff game soon... anyway, got a new best just now:
    Spoiler:

Attachments

• The Arcade
      picoracer7.png
      66.1 KB · Views: 29
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Spoiler: Pico Racer: 17861

The Arcade
    Came within visual distance of the finish line. Curses the final jump.

Spoiler: Combo Pool: 434560

The Arcade

Spoiler: Pix Hop: 280326

The Arcade

Will do everyone a favor on Pico Racer. (Wants to see someone beat this.) Ends with a jump pad on the far left during a turn (...probably?), despite no water visible. Do not avoid the jump. Figured it was a trap to fling you off the course. (Could still be. Only reached that spot once.)

the rng of where the race cars are can be brutal 😂
    Agrees. Hates spots like the final jump before the first dark zone. Cannot avoid bellyflopping onto another car sometimes. Loses maybe 2-4 seconds.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Spoiler: Pico Racer: 22894

The Arcade
    Coasted into the finish. Ran off the road just prior to the final jump. Nailed it thanks to that.

Earned maybe 4000 points for finishing. (Might be based on the number of cars passed? Tallied the score very quickly. Was caught up in the thrill of victory.) Might have actually hit all the soccer balls.

Returns with better information on the final jump. Appears shortly after daylight returns from the final dark section.

Edit addition:
    Spoiler: Combo Pool: 461400

The Arcade
    Shot an amazing last ball.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    @Juno: Reflects time spent more than skill. Shies away from Discord. Limits the number of activities. Accepts praise for Solar Blaster, though. Devoted the least time to that.

@5qwerty: Nice score. Will almost certainly not beat that. Considered the current score a gift. Barely moved for the last few coins of the initial combo.
    _______

Spoiler: Combo Pool: 599980

The Arcade

Doubts any significant score improvements from here onwards.

Years
  • Played the other games for a bit.... had absolutely no idea wtf I was doing in Combo Pool initially... but somehow managed to get a victory? xD I guess I don't want to connect the pink balls? =o
    Quite enjoyed Solar Blaster, but am absolutely horrible at it so far xD
    Pix Hop was a nice surprise, initially disliked it, did a couple more attempts at learning the game and started enjoying it.
    Combo Pool is my least favorite of the bunch tbh.

Scores from the final run for each game to get my ass on the board: 😂

Spoiler:

Attachments

• The Arcade
      Combo Pool.png
      69.2 KB · Views: 67
    • The Arcade
      pixhop.png
      64.8 KB · Views: 65
    • The Arcade
      solarblaster.png
      65.9 KB · Views: 68
    Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Personal thoughts on the games, from most to least favorite:
    - Solar Blaster: Straightforward shoot-em-up. Would have liked better balance between weapon power-ups.
    - Pico Racer: Always liked Moonview Highway in Mario Kart. Gave off similar vibes while weaving through cars. Appreciates reasons to decelerate at times. Placed good point incentives in difficult locations. Complains a bit about the car randomness and deceptively big jump pads.
    - Combo Pool: Views this as a very random game. Seems nearly impossible to intentionally score a huge multiplier. Discovered how to improve the odds, however. Finds it pleasant, however, especially alongside the other three twitchier games.
    - Pix Hop: Suffers the hardest from randomness, due to the coin combo streak. Cannot let any fall. Blocks with you bad enemy spawns, coin locations, and land placement too often. Compensates with quick games, at least.

Years
    • Seen today
    @Juno: Reflects time spent more than skill. Shies away from Discord. Limits the number of activities. Accepts praise for Solar Blaster, though. Devoted the least time to that.

@5qwerty: Nice score. Will almost certainly not beat that. Considered the current score a gift. Barely moved for the last few coins of the initial combo.
    _______

Spoiler: Combo Pool: 599980

Doubts any significant score improvements from here onwards.
    Yo I grinded so hard for that score lol, probably just lucked out

I think Pix Hop is definitely the most random out of all of them
    Combo Pool is interesting but yeah it's hard to set up
    Pico Racer played twice and I suck
    Solar Blaster is interesting as well, I think it's a pretty fair game to compete in because of the time limit and no randomness.

Years
  • Not entirely sure how my score got so much higher... I was playing pix hop and averaging between 15-25k, then I suddenly got this just now:

Spoiler:

Must've pulled off a lengthy coin combo without realising I guess?

Attachments

• The Arcade
      pixhop2.png
      66.2 KB · Views: 61
    Back