• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Brown Bag Kinda Beverage Thread

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    So since we have threads for tea and coffee... Any booze drinkers here? Beer? Wine? Liquor?

Honest

Hi!
    Years
  • \o

Mainly drink rum and whiskey with coke. Had a bottle of Bailey for the first time last Wednesday, though. I really wanted to drink the whole bottle, that thing is delicious.

Sonata

Don't let me disappear
    Years
  • Wine is gross. I've tried some expensive shit and some really cheap shit and both times it made me sick. But if I have to drink it I prefer red over white. Not the biggest fan of beer either.

When I drink I like to start it off with some kinky and then move on up to some Rum Chata (freaking delicious) and then follow up with some shots of jaeger (so good) and then if I really feel like partying I'll pull out some 151 or cinnamon whisky and start going to town. I don't like to drink lights all that much unless I'm using it for a game, like we played CAH and beer pong while taking shots of kinky. The last time I ended up drinking a whole bottle of kinky with beer pong. But for the most part I prefer darks; cinnamon, jaeger, the stronger the better. And I don't tend to mix it with anything, I actually think it tastes worse when you try to mix it so I prefer to take straight shots or just in a big glass that I can work on for half an hour to an hour.

Years
  • I'm someone who actually hates the smell and taste of alcohol. My mother once even tried to get me to taste beer but as you know, I don't like doing drugs or alcohol because it makes you feel wrecked.

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • I like to drink, but I don't get too heavy with it usually. I like a lot of sweet stuff like sweet red wine, moscato, vodka-cranberry, Crown/Coke, and hard lemonade. The only beer I can drink is Yeungling light. Sometimes I'll have wine with dinner if I'm the mood for it, but most of the time when I drink, I pick a night I have nothing to wake up for the next day so I can attempt to get silly, but I usually don't. I'm not as lightweight as I thought I'd end up being. Whelp.

Chikara

ʕ´•ᴥ•`ʔ
    Years
  • I love sweet drinks o/

Wine is also a favorite of mine, I really like a nice Cabernet Sauvignon. I'm absolutely awful with straight liquor, but I can drink mixed drinks and cocktails all night.

That being said, I'm 5 feet tall, I weigh 100~lbs, and I have an awful tolerance. Which sucks, because I love a good buzz.

Beer is gross.

Last edited:

Castaigne

欠 を 食べる
    Years
    • Age 30
    • NC
    • Seen Feb 27, 2016
    Never been a huge fan of wine but let me tell you I went on a winery tour via bus and that was amazing.

I'm more of a beer guy and I tend to drink the darker beers. Huge fan of Puntigamer if any of you guys know that by chance. Also a proponent of vodka, schnapps, and rum.

Years
  • Most alcoholic beverages taste disgusting, especially beer and wine/champaign. On the rare occasions that I do drink I like to go with Midori Illusions, Vodka in juice (preferably in mango and banana juice, but others will do), Cloudy's, Bailey's or I believe Rum since I really enjoy rum in fruit salad.

I'm generally a very responsible drinker though, because I could really lose my shit if I don't feel in control of my actions and that would not be pleasant nor safe for anyone in my vicinity.

Years
  • I don't usually drink because there's normally no alcohol around here to drink. Give me access to such drinks, however, and...yeah, I'll be drinking. I'm usually more for wine coolers and other really fruity drinks, fuzzy navels, melon ball, hard lemonade, stuff like that, since I'm picky with the taste of alcohol and normally can't stand the stronger things for long. I can't even do most kinds of wine because the alcohol just tends to overpower the taste. The one exception I found to this rather recently, though: fireball whiskey. Give me that stuff and I could probably drink it all night, my god. I probably would have done so if I wasn't too cautious about having too much.

And I don't - I won't - do beer. I actually got put off the taste of beer at a very young age. I was six or seven, was with my dad (who was hanging with his buddies), kept pestering him because I was thirsty and didn't want to walk the short way back home, he finally offered me a sip of his beer and---

Yeah, that was one of the grossest tastes I ever experienced as a kid. I ended up just spitting it out and walking back home to get water, thankfully. So no. No beer, ever.

Come to think of it, maybe that's why I'm picky with alcohol in general!

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2018
    I'm a wine girl for sure. It's nice to have as a wind-down drink at the end of a day or with dinner. I like both red and white, but I'm a little more partial to white. I do like margaritas and the like too, but those are so much better in the summer lol.

Alexander Nicholi

what do you know about computing?
    Years
  • A wine-o once told me I had a natural knack for wine tasting. She was not a cheap drinker.

That said, beer is just gross. Mixed drinks are my preference but I hardly see those anymore, and it's likely for the better. I'm vehemently against alcohol and drugs due to a fear against the most negligible amount of brain damage. The wisdom I have tells me to stay away.

CoffeeDrink

GET WHILE THE GETTIN'S GOOD
    Years
  • Just got done with my second martini. You don't like Gin. I can tell by the scrunch of your face across the internet.

"Martinis are like breasts. One is not enough and three is too many" - Winston Churchill.

Lucid

I drink entirely too much. I love Whiskey, I drink it straight or with sour mix. But I like Port Wine a lot too, Riesling is good. I do like beer, but I have to be in the mood for it, but I do like Guinness and Heineken, we have Abita here and it's okay. I'm burnt out on clear alcohol, for some reason, I can't shoot it. I don't really like flavored Vodka, I don't like anything too sweet. Anything cinnamon or mint flavored I will not touch. I do like Absinthe, but it depends on the brand.

Jayce

x-kid
    Years
  • I drink pretty occasionally, but beer is usually my drink of choice, I really like darker beers like porters and stouts. The best beer I've had was Guinness, while I was in Dublin. But it may have had as much to do with the environment as it did the taste.

For wine I prefer white (don't have a particular kind I like... I'm not exactly knowledgeable about wine); red wine occasionally gives me a headache, for some reason. And then for hard liquor, I like whiskey and rum. And Baileys is amazing.

Spiff

love child
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jun 30, 2023
    They're pretty strict on the drinking at my college sadly. I like beer a whole lot but I usually get liquor since it's easier to ditch. Sailor Jerry's is pretty tasty, but we'll do wine sometimes too. We used to do vodka but it made the chicks puke like freshman.

I am too young, but have tasted some things. I don't like it, like at all. Any alcohol.
    that just means you have to drink more. :)

pkmin3033

I don't drink at all. I've tried most of the alcohol we have in the house, but it's never been more than to satisfy my curiosity. I have no doubt I could restrain myself and drink responsibly if I did elect to drink, but I just prefer not to. I don't get any real enjoyment out of it, and I don't see the appeal in getting drunk to the point where I might get some enjoyment out of it - plus I'd inevitably pay for it later with a hangover - so I just don't bother. Maybe a glass at Christmas with my parents and relatives, just to be sociable, but never any more than that, and a very tiny glass at that.

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • I've only really been into alcoholic drinks in the past 3 years or so. I guess tastes change but it depends on my mood; I like a nice beer or cider in the afternoons, usually. My favourite right now is probably Grolsh, Asahi Dry, or Peroni. I also like dark stouts if I'm in the mood. Mill St. Brewery's Vanilla Porter is awesome. For cider, my favourite right now is Stella Cidre. I think the only cider I didn't like was a mulled one I tried and one from Orchard Pig Brewery.

Wines I tend to go more for a chilled white than red, but I do like a nice Cavolo Nero. I also absolutely love icewine. I don't tend to like fizzy wines or prosecco.

Spirits I have tried a fair few but not that many. I like whisky and amaretto. Love a nice cream liqueur, too. I like rum mixed more than straight or neat. I like brandy/ cognac, too. Don't really have an opinion on gin or vodka.. I need to try more sambuca and lemoncello and grappa. Also would like to try some other liqueurs like chambord. I also don't think I've ever tried contrineu or tia maria/ khaluha neat. Should give them a shot. Hah.. that pun was not intended..

Back