• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Comic Universe Club

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
    The Comic Universe Club

Welcome to the Comic Universe Club!

CSS credit goes to Minerva

Since the previous one died, I got permission to remake it. So, are you a fan of DC Comics? What about Marvel? Here, you can discuss anything related to your most favorite comic books series. You can even discuss the movies that Marvel decided to make recently or simply just talk about ones from DC Comics, whatever applies to superhero comics can be discussed right in this very club! Any other comic companies not mentioned are also welcome in your discussion as well. I apologize for not being able to name them all since I'm not really familiar with them. :(

Rules

- Please follow all of PC rules when posting and conversing with others.
    - Remain on topic. However, if there hasn't been one in the last 24 hours, you are welcome to discuss a new one.
    - Respect the opinions of others, especially since we all have our likes and dislikes.
    - If you feel as though something might spoil another, please put it under a spoiler tag.
    - Have fun! :D

Form

Username:
    Favorite Superhero(s):
    Favorite Villain(s):
    Additional Information:
    Topic Answer:

Members

Spoiler:

Today's Topic

Who is your most favorite villain and why?

My form

Username: RainbowShy
    Favorite Superhero(s): Captain America, Iron Man, Thor, Superman
    Favorite Villain(s): Loki <3
    Additional Information: I mostly lean towards Marvel, but I'm pretty open to all of the superheroes that I'm well familiar with.
    Topic Answer: Loki because not only is he sexy, he's very hysterical and just... idk. There's something that just attracts me about him more than most comic book villains. I adore him much more than any other one too. I mean, seriously... I'm actually starting to become obsessed with him again just from typing this.

Last edited:

Judge Mandolore Shepard

Spectre Agent
    Years
    I am joining this club

Username: Judge Mandolore Shepard
    Favorite Superhero(ines)(s): Captain America, Batman, Superman, Cyborg, Green Lantern, Saturn Girl, Supergirl
    Favorite Villian(s): Joker, Bane, Harley Quinn, Mr. Freeze, Red Skull, Thanos, Galactus
    Additional Information: I have been a fan of superhero comics since my teenage years. Or quite possibly before that. I always look forward to movies featuring characters from Marvel or DC Comics.
    Topic Answer: I would have to go with Harley Quinn for that one. One reason why I like her is because she was able to successfully make the transition from Batman the Animated Series, where she made her debut, to the comics.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
    I love superheroes and their movies...But I don't read comics. Is this okay?

Username: <Challenger>
    Favorite Superhero(s): Spider-Man (As played by TOBY MACGUIRE), Iron Man, and Superman
    Favorite Villain(s): My favorite villain would have to be the Joker as played by Heath Ledger.
    Additional Information:
    Topic Answer: The Joker is the perfect symbol of anarchy and free-will. He does what he does because he wants to and, despite his insanity, has a beautiful mind.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    omg I totally forgot about this club! I'm really sorry for not paying any attention to it!

I love superheroes and their movies...But I don't read comics. Is this okay?

Username: <Challenger>
    Favorite Superhero(s): Spider-Man (As played by TOBY MACGUIRE), Iron Man, and Superman
    Favorite Villain(s): My favorite villain would have to be the Joker as played by Heath Ledger.
    Additional Information:
    Topic Answer: The Joker is the perfect symbol of anarchy and free-will. He does what he does because he wants to and, despite his insanity, has a beautiful mind.

Yes. That is fine. This club is basically for anything from the movies TO the comics. I also love the movies as well and don't even read the comics. XD So, you are okay. :D I also thought the Joker was a really cool villain too, but I lean towards Loki more. hehe

The list has been updated. :D (or will be after this post. XD)

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014
    Ah Yea! A club where I can give some of my knowledge on Batman!
    Username: OG_Haunter
    Favorite Superheroes: NANANANA BATMAN! And then the rest is Flash, Spiderman, Deadpool and finally Nightwing.
    Favorite Villains: Joker, Green Goblin, Venom, Riddler, Koki, and Lux Luther.
    Additional Information: I'm a big fan of batman and I would like to post (hero) vs (hero) questions if I can think of a really good one.
    Topic Answer: My favorite Villain of all time is Lux Luther because he is basically just a rich man who wants to kill Superman and Superman's weakness is a green rock. :D

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    I'd love to join!

Username: acatfrommars
    Favorite Superhero(s): Martian Manhunter
    Favorite Villain(s): Joker, Poison Ivy, Venom, Black Hat, Solomon Grundy
    Additional Information: I love reading all sorts of comics. Right now I am rereading the graphic novel, Watchman. Comics and suprheroes have always fascinatedm e, but I never really became immersed with them until early last year.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    I'd love to join!

Username: acatfrommars
    Favorite Superhero(s): Martian Manhunter
    Favorite Villain(s): Joker, Poison Ivy, Venom, Black Hat, Solomon Grundy
    Additional Information: I love reading all sorts of comics. Right now I am rereading the graphic novel, Watchman. Comics and suprheroes have always fascinatedm e, but I never really became immersed with them until early last year.

I actually didn't get into marvel until I watched Captain America on Netflix. After that, it was the first Thor, but I didn't get into Loki until Thor 2. XD I've always lacked Cap and Thor before that, though Loki tops the cake for me. <3 I also saw the Avengers like... after I saw Thor, I think... I can't remember.

Thomas

HAIL HYDRA!
    Years
    I'll join, but I think it's silly that you're only mentioning the Big Two publishers in the first post and you're only mentioning superheroes when comics are so much more than that (although it definitely dominates the big two).

I'm not really going to fill out that form, but I'm definitely down to talk about some comics! As far as the current topic, my favorite 'villain' right now is probably the Nailbiter from the book of the same name.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    I'm your typical Marvel nerd.

Favorite Superhero(s): Iron Man, Batman, Silver Surfer, Deadpool (not a superhero)
    Favorite Villain(s): Galactus, Thanos, Crimson Dynamo, Oblivion, Loki, Deadpool (not a villain)
    Additional Information: You know, there are many more universes in comics than Marvel and DC :3
    Topic Answer: My most favorite villain would probably be Thanos. Because he literally became omnipotent and defeated everyone. The Infinity Gauntlet arc was one of the best comics series I've ever come across.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    User list updated!

I'll join, but I think it's silly that you're only mentioning the Big Two publishers in the first post and you're only mentioning superheroes when comics are so much more than that (although it definitely dominates the big two).

I'm not really going to fill out that form, but I'm definitely down to talk about some comics! As far as the current topic, my favorite 'villain' right now is probably the Nailbiter from the book of the same name.

I don't know all of them. That's why I said this:

"You can even discuss the movies that Marvel decided to make recently or simply just talk about ones from DC Comics, whatever applies to superhero comics can be discussed right in this very club! Any other comic companies not mentioned are also welcome in your discussion as well. I apologize for not being able to name them all since I'm not really familiar with them."

Anyway, I did some editing to fix it up though.

I think it's time we had a new topic.

If you could choose one movie/comic of all time as your favorite, what would it be and why? Sorry, I'm really bad at conversation and stuff like that. ><

For me, it would be Thor: The Dark World. Loki's sassiness is simply amazing in that movie for starters. That's what made me adore him the most. XD I don't really read the comics since I can't even read manga without losing my focus. x_x

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
    Years
    My favorite movie by far is Spider-Man 2. Toby Macguire acted flawlessly, as usual, and Doc Ock is one of my favorite villains of all time. A brilliant mind and a good person transformed into a monster while trying to save the world. It was a fantastic movie, and my favorite band, Yellowcard, had a song on the soundtrack, Gifts and Curses.

The Void

hiiiii
    Years
    If you could choose one movie/comic of all time as your favorite, what would it be and why?

Movie? But I thought this was a comic club lol. There's already a movies club :3

I'll go ahead and ignore the word movie anyway. My favorite comic would be anything in the World Breaker Hulk, Secret Invasion, and Infinity Gauntlet story arcs. The storylines are so complex they'd pop your eyes right out.

Storylines are also why I prefer Marvel to DC. Their plots are usually more complex and involve less PIS (comic geek term for Plot Induced Stupidity).

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    If you could choose one movie/comic of all time as your favorite, what would it be and why?

My favorite comic based movie would probably be The Dark Knight. By far the best movie i nthe trilogy, the Joker couldn't have been portrayed any better and the movie just had a great story to it. Normally, the second movie in a trilogy sucked but to me this was the best. Besides that, I really enjoyed Spider Man 3. Although, most people view this as the worst I really enjoyed it. I liked that there were so many villains, Venom was my favorite, and I liked the ending. It was so sad. :c

Um, I don't know with comics. Two off the top of my head that I really enjoy are the Runaways series and the Daredevil series. The Runaways series is really unique focusing on the children of super villains. It's interesting to read how the characters deal with their parents being villains and facing the conflict of whether to be like mom and dad, or to try and be good. I also like Daredevil because he's a tough hero, which many don't know about, that has faced much adversity but has come out on top. At times he seems to be the underdog in the superhero world.

OG_Haunter

Lv 5
    Years
    • Seen Jul 18, 2014

My favorite so far is Batman The Dark Night. Also I watched V for Vendetta recently and it was really good. Favorite line, "Remember Remember the 5th of November." Can't get that out of my head but it was a good movie.

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years

My favorite so far is Batman The Dark Night. Also I watched V for Vendetta recently and it was really good. Favorite line, "Remember Remember the 5th of November." Can't get that out of my head but it was a good movie.

I didn't know V for Vendetta was a comic movie. O_o I always thought it was something else.

Years
    • Seen Feb 5, 2023
    What are your guys' thoughts for the new Transformers movie? Do you think Mark Whalberg will fit the main protagonist role well?

starseed galaxy auticorn

Years
    I was able to see the preview at the movies for Maleficent. It seems like has the role pretty down pact. I'm not really big on the Transformers movies though, but it does look really good.

Back