• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] The Cosmic Channelers: Psychic types club

Years
  • Which of these do you like the most and which do you like the least?
    I love Calirex, but mainly because I am crazy fond of Spectrier. The color, the long wavy hair and the eyes closed are a wonderful touch that give a lot of elegance to Spectrier.
    I like Lunala, nothing particularly great tbh, but I prefer it to Solgaleo. It's still one of my least fav legendaries tho. The Necrozma's form is pretty much the same tbh, because there are very few changes, so like yeah.
    Inkay is really cute and I love it, while Malamar is pretty nice and I like it, but I don't go crazy for it.
    I hate Hoopa. I really don't like it and its Unbound form is one of my overall least favorite pokemon. I don't like the colors, the horns, the face expression, the hole in the middles, the flying hands. yeah, you got it lol.

Have you ever had any of these on one of your teams? If not, are there any amongst them you would like to use on one of your teams?
    Yes, I had inkay and Malamar for a while, the Lunala and obviously Shadow Rider Calirex. Never had Hoopa and not really interested in having it in my team tbh.

1) You overslept and are really late for work/school. Hoopa Confined happens to be nearby and offers to open a portal with it's rings so you can get there quickly. Do you trust it and accept?

2) There's a blackout. A wild Inkay offers to help guide you around with it's lights. Would you accept?

3) A wormhole opens up and the Ultra Beast Guzzlord comes out and starts attacking buildings. Dawn Wings Necrozma shows up to help deal with it, wishing to fight alongside capable trainers. Will you aid it and step up to the plate?

4) Hoopa Unbound has it's eyes set on something you own and offers you wealth beyond comparison in exchange. Do you accept the offer?

5) Shadow Rider Calyrex arrives to warn the town/city you live in of a meteorite strike that will happen the very next day. People are distrustful. Do you trust it and potentially help it convince people to evacuate?

6) You are having trouble sleeping and a Malamar offers to help you sleep by using Hypnosis on you. Do you trust it and accept the offer?

7) You wish to see other worlds and Lunala offers to take you to them, however it won't let you return to this one. Do you take it up on the offer?

I am lazy, but the fact is that I would answer "yes" to all of them because they all seem to be helpful and yeah I kinda trust em all.

Years

• The following link takes you to a Psychic Type Tier-List maker: https://tiermaker.com/create/psychic-type-pokemon-61994
    For some reason Wyrdeer and Hisui Braviary are on the list twice... just put one on it and ignore the second ones =3

There's quite a few Psychic type Pokemon, but it might be interesting to try it out for yourself =D
    And if you want you can post the end-result here, ofc! =D

Took me a good 30 minutes, but this is mine:
    Spoiler:

I tweaked mine a bit, by adding two rows.. the Hoopa's are bad enough to deserve their own row at the bottom and my top three mons deserved their own row at the top!
    Also recolored things a bit. Anyway this is more or less mine. Deciding the order within each group is not that easy, but the three top mons are tied for me.

Attachments

• my-image.png
      my-image.png
      317 KB · Views: 46
    Last edited:
    Years
  • A psychic club!!! Count me in... but you already foreseen that didn't you? ;)

If you were a Psychic type Pokemon, which of these abilities would you have?
    -Anticipation (1) (Yellow)
    -Forewarn (2) (Green)
    -Levitate (3) (Cyan)
    -Synchronize (4) (Red)
    -Telepathy (5) (Purple)

You suddenly encounter a wild Pokemon, which of these Psychic type moves do you use?
    -Barrier: You brace yourself for an incoming attack. (A)
    -Extrasensory: You attack it with the power of your mind. It shouldn't have startled you. (B)
    -Future Sight: You look into the future to see what it will do. You will decide what to do after seeing it's intent. (C)
    -Gravity: You pin it down with gravity so you can go past it without fighting. (D)
    -Telekinesis: You lift it off the ground and make it spin around till it passes out. (E)
    -Teleport: "Eeeek no, I'm out of here". (F)

It looks like Mesprit will be my guide!

Hatterene will also be our companion on the journey!

What are your favourite Psychic type Pokémon?

Celebi - I'm a forest girl. Celebi is my spirit Pokémon.

Alakazam - I can't remember NOT taking this incredible Pokémon in my early teams.

Gardevoir - This wonderful Pokémon replaced the above as my go-to psychic option from Gen 3 onwards.

Starmie - Misty had one, nuff said! I think a lot of people don't realise just how good this one is.

Gothitelle - Perhaps not a popular choice, but that doesn't bother me! I see a lot of myself in Gothitelle!

Delphox - Another Pokémon I see an awful lot of myself in. When the Trivia section asked which Pokémon I wanted to represent me, I almost picked this one.

Hatterene - The Pokémon I ended up going with for that was Hatterene! A forest witch with nods to Rapunzel... do I need to say anything more?

Jirachi - A beautiful wishing star. You knew this was coming!

Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie - Including the lake guardians together for obvious reasons!

Cresselia - I love everything about Cresselia. The cosmic design, the lore, the colours, all of it. Heal Ball I choose you!

Mew - How could I not include Mew in this? I love Mew to bits. I will ALWAYS love Mew to bits.

I'm really, really, looking forward to taking part in this club!

Years
  • A psychic club!!! Count me in... but you already foreseen that didn't you? ;)

It was but a matter of when... :coolcat:
    the tea leaves are highly inaccurate when it comes to dates...

If you were a Psychic type Pokemon, which of these abilities would you have?
    -Anticipation (1) (Yellow)
    -Forewarn (2) (Green)
    -Levitate (3) (Cyan)
    -Synchronize (4) (Red)
    -Telepathy (5) (Purple)

You suddenly encounter a wild Pokemon, which of these Psychic type moves do you use?
    -Barrier: You brace yourself for an incoming attack. (A)
    -Extrasensory: You attack it with the power of your mind. It shouldn't have startled you. (B)
    -Future Sight: You look into the future to see what it will do. You will decide what to do after seeing it's intent. (C)
    -Gravity: You pin it down with gravity so you can go past it without fighting. (D)
    -Telekinesis: You lift it off the ground and make it spin around till it passes out. (E)
    -Teleport: "Eeeek no, I'm out of here". (F)

It looks like Mesprit will be my guide!

Hatterene will also be our companion on the journey!

Welcome to the Cosmic Channelers! 😊
    With Mesprit as your fated guide, and Hatterene as your bodyguard, you are in excellent company! =D

What are your favourite Psychic type Pokémon?

Celebi - I'm a forest girl. Celebi is my spirit Pokémon.

Alakazam - I can't remember NOT taking this incredible Pokémon in my early teams.

Gardevoir - This wonderful Pokémon replaced the above as my go-to psychic option from Gen 3 onwards.

Starmie - Misty had one, nuff said! I think a lot of people don't realise just how good this one is.

Gothitelle - Perhaps not a popular choice, but that doesn't bother me! I see a lot of myself in Gothitelle!

Delphox - Another Pokémon I see an awful lot of myself in. When the Trivia section asked which Pokémon I wanted to represent me, I almost picked this one.

Hatterene - The Pokémon I ended up going with for that was Hatterene! A forest witch with nods to Rapunzel... do I need to say anything more?

Jirachi - A beautiful wishing star. You knew this was coming!

Mesprit/Azelf/Uxie - Including the lake guardians together for obvious reasons!

Cresselia - I love everything about Cresselia. The cosmic design, the lore, the colours, all of it. Heal Ball I choose you!

Mew - How could I not include Mew in this? I love Mew to bits. I will ALWAYS love Mew to bits.

I'm really, really, looking forward to taking part in this club!

Most of those Pokemon are amongst my favorites too =D
    Excellent choices =3

Years

• attachment.php

The above are most of the Psychic type Mythicals. Additionally there are Hoopa and Deoxys. I've been wanting to draw Deoxys too, but never got around to it and I don't wanna hold back this topic any longer.
    Mew and Jirachi are obtainable in BDSP if you have SwSh and LGPE save data. Deoxys can still be caught in ORAS and Celebi can still be caught in the Crystal VC.

Which of these do you have, if any? Have you used any of them on one of your teams?

Some of these Psychic type mythicals had a special ingame item/event (the GS Ball to obtain Celebi in Crystal) or even a story involving it (Deoxys was fought in ORAS' Delta Episode).
    The floating rings you can use to encounter legendaries in ORAS are most likely Hoopa's, though you can't actually catch a Hoopa.

Did you like any of these incorporations/references to mythical Pokemon?

Which of the Psychic type mythicals do you consider the cutest?

---!!Free Celebi for club members!!---
    For any club members interested, I have 8 Celebi's from the Crystal VC I can give away. 7 of them are clones and 1 is the original, four of them have been sitting in my Home boxes for a while now, the other 4 are in USUM in case anyone wants to trade in gen 7. I don't really remember which is the original though =P
    If you're interested just respond here or send me a VM/PM =)

Spoiler:

Attachments

• mythicals.png
      mythicals.png
      163.4 KB · Views: 37
    Years
  • Spoiler:

attachment.php

The above are most of the Psychic type Mythicals. Additionally there are Hoopa and Deoxys. I've been wanting to draw Deoxys too, but never got around to it and I don't wanna hold back this topic any longer.
    Mew and Jirachi are obtainable in BDSP if you have SwSh and LGPE save data. Deoxys can still be caught in ORAS and Celebi can still be caught in the Crystal VC.

Which of these do you have, if any? Have you used any of them on one of your teams?

Some of these Psychic type mythicals had a special ingame item/event (the GS Ball to obtain Celebi in Crystal) or even a story involving it (Deoxys was fought in ORAS' Delta Episode).
    The floating rings you can use to encounter legendaries in ORAS are most likely Hoopa's, though you can't actually catch a Hoopa.

Did you like any of these incorporations/references to mythical Pokemon?

Which of the Psychic type mythicals do you consider the cutest?

---!!Free Celebi for club members!!---
    For any club members interested, I have 8 Celebi's from the Crystal VC I can give away. 7 of them are clones and 1 is the original, four of them have been sitting in my Home boxes for a while now, the other 4 are in USUM in case anyone wants to trade in gen 7. I don't really remember which is the original though =P
    If you're interested just respond here or send me a VM/PM =)

Spoiler:

I love all mythicals for what they are!

Being old I do have a serious soft spot for the first three though:

Thanks to the Mew glitch, I often ended up with one (usually 2!) during my Kanto play thoughs. Shame these were never actually "legal" but I think that was part of their charm in all honesty!

I also got traded an in game Mew from a dear treasured friend. Mew for a Spoink egg I think it was... officially the best trade in Pokémon history 😅❤️

I am also in possession of another traded Mew which was obtained at an event.

Celebi I have a Lv 100 one downloaded from the Pokémon 20th anniversary event if my memory is correct. I really need to dig though my mons before bank shuts down...

Speaking of Celebi, I'm currently playing though VC Crystal to obtain the wonderful little mischief maker. I gamesharked a GS ball way back in the gameboy days, so that I could get Celebi "semi authentically" but now I have to get the genuine article before it's too late! I am even toying with the idea of shiny hunting it if I feel up to it... wish me luck seeking the pink onion!

Jirachi: I still don't have LGPE SwSh save data so I haven't got the current one but I do own the games. I can't remember if I still have one from when it was on the Colosseum bonus disc or not 😕

Last edited:
    Years
  • If you were a Psychic type Pokemon, which of these abilities would you have?
    -Forewarn (2) (Green)

Guided by Celebi ? I say yes! It's so cute!

After finding your fated Legendary, you can additionally choose any 1 legendary Psychic type Pokemon of choice as an additional companion !

I would choose Galarian Rapidash. So fluffy, but noble and powerful! I would ride it through Hoenn and the other regions' paths, and we would check facts, solve mysteries and face dangers together!

If you were to live in the Pokemon world with the Psychic type Pokemon you've chosen as your companion at your side, which 4 Psychic type moves would it know?
    Galarian Rapidash :
    - Zen Headbutt
    - Stored Power
    - Calm Mind
    - Heal Pulse

Secondly, which 4 Psychic type moves would your fated guide know?
    Celebi :
    - Psychic
    - Psycho Cut
    - Calm Mind
    - Rest

Are there any moves that you think are currently too limited in their distribution among Psychic type Pokemon?
    Zen Headbutt! I wish I coud use such move on those who tell me to use my head! ^^

If you could learn any 4 of these moves yourself, and use them as a psychic power in daily life, which would you want to know?
    - Freezing Glare
    - Photon Geyser
    - Cosmic Power
    - Hyperspace Hole
    These sound so cool!

1) You need to cross a canyon, but the bridge is out. Which move do you use to get across?
    2) You encounter a lost child and wish to reunite it with it's parents. Which move do you use to facilitate this?
    3) You encounter an unfortunate animal that is trapped underneath a heavy fallen tree. Which move do you use to free it?
    4) You've locked yourself outside. Which move do you use?
    5) You see a wildfire spreading. Which move do you use to stop it?
    6) Still at the scene of the wildfire above, you see signs of arson. You look around and see someone trying to sneak away. When they catch your gaze they run for it. Which move do you use to stop them?
    7) A friend or relative of yours is freaking out over something. Which move do you use to help them?
    8) A friend or relative of yours is sick in bed. Which move do you use to help them?
    9) Someone isn't paying attention at the intersection and is crossing the street while the traffic is still incoming. Which move do you use to save their life?
    10) You encounter a mime on the streets. Do you:
    A) Help them out with their act. Which move would you use?
    OR
    B) Use your powers to mess up their act. Which move would you use?

1) Teleport! ^^
    2) Future Sight, so that I could know what I could exactly do to reunite them safe and fast!
    3) Telekinesis to lift the tree away!
    4) Hyperspace Hole to get in and again to reappear inside, and impress every passerby who sees this! ^^
    5) Barrier to contain the fire until the firefighter Squirtle team arrive!
    6) Confusion, so they run into a wall, that will stop them!
    7) Calm Mind, which I psychically share with them to calm them down.
    8) Heal Pulse, hopefull that will make them feel better!
    9) Teleport them out of harm's way!
    10A) Lunar Dance!

Which of the Psychic type megas do you like the most, appearance wise?
    Are there any who's appearance you dislike?
    I like Metagross', pretty cool! And I dislike Mewtwo's left one, I think it looks weird...

Have you used any of the Psychic type megas? If so, which one(s)?
    Mega Gardevoir!

Do you like the idea of Mega Evolution affecting a Pokemon's typing? Do you like the type change on Mega Mewtwo X?
    Yes, and no (as said above).

Do you prefer the Mega's ability or would you have preferred them to have kept their original ability?
    My abilities are quite good, but Pixilate is neat! Imagine combining Mega Gardevoir's high Special Attack, a Pixie Plate, and Hyper Beam (turned into Fairy type)! Not to count Calm Mind! Boom! ^^

Do you prefer the Megas' shiny over that of the normal one?

I just love that light blue color! And the Mega form's black gown and arms!

How do you feel about Dynamax in general?
    To be honest, meh... Only 3 turns...

Are there any previous gen Psychic type Pokemon you would've liked to have seen get a Gigantamax Form?
    Gardevoir!
    Spoiler:

Which of these do you like the most and which do you like the least?
    (Psychic / Dark or Ghost)
    Lunala!

1) You overslept and are really late for work/school. Hoopa Confined happens to be nearby and offers to open a portal with it's rings so you can get there quickly. Do you trust it and accept?
    2) There's a blackout. A wild Inkay offers to help guide you around with it's lights. Would you accept?
    3) A wormhole opens up and the Ultra Beast Guzzlord comes out and starts attacking buildings. Dawn Wings Necrozma shows up to help deal with it, wishing to fight alongside capable trainers. Will you aid it and step up to the plate?
    4) Hoopa Unbound has it's eyes set on something you own and offers you wealth beyond comparison in exchange. Do you accept the offer?
    5) Shadow Rider Calyrex arrives to warn the town/city you live in of a meteorite strike that will happen the very next day. People are distrustful. Do you trust it and potentially help it convince people to evacuate?
    6) You are having trouble sleeping and a Malamar offers to help you sleep by using Hypnosis on you. Do you trust it and accept the offer?
    7) You wish to see other worlds and Lunala offers to take you to them, however it won't let you return to this one. Do you take it up on the offer?

1) I do! I am always up for adventure!
    2) Sure!
    3) I certainly will! This Guzzlord shall taste my Moonblasts! ... And I will back Lunala up with Heal Pulses too!
    4) My microphone ? Sorry, but I would not part with it, too many good memories are stuck to it!
    5) Of course I would help it! Safety first, sorry later!
    6) I checked my pokédex... well no!
    7) As exciting as it could be, the idea of never returning is too much... so, no.

(mythical Psychics)
    Mew! So cute, and being able to teach it lots of different moves is more than useful!

Efit : Oh! And, can I join the Psychic club, too ? So I can fact-check this type's unlimited power!

Years
  • -Forewarn (2) (Green)

Guided by Celebi ? I say yes! It's so cute!

I would choose Galarian Rapidash. So fluffy, but noble and powerful! I would ride it through Hoenn and the other regions' paths, and we would check facts, solve mysteries and face dangers together!

-snip-
    to prevent the quote from being lenthy =P

Welcome to the Cosmic Channelers! 😊
    With Celebi as your fated guide, and Galarian Rapidash at your side, you could travel back in time and traverse the lands at great speeds to fact check even PokeDex entries that mention events that happened long ago! 😉

Years
  • Spoiler:

Mew was a trade for a Spoink egg not a Caterpie... all the channeling has clouded my mind ;)

Years

• since you both joined quite a bit after I originally posted the shiny giveaway, I though I'd just mention that the giveaway is still open =3
    The Sigilyph has been taken, but the 2 Medicham and 4 Grumpig are still available if either of you is interested =)

Sam also offered up some free shinies for the giveaway. I know the Alolan Raichu has been taken, but the others might still be available.

Oh!! I've been so busy but I'm absolutely interested in the giveaway and I realized I forgot to respond to it!! I can take the Grumpig or whatever you have to offer!! I have BDSP <33

*Just one final reminder that we never got round to this in case you're still interested.... 😅 *

Years
  • I do still have the shiny meditite and wobbuffet ready to go, and I can also give another shiny Alolan Raichu on request. They are from shiny Pikachu I got from an electric friend safari, so I can just evolve another in the Alolan region and trade it, If there's real interest.

I may have another shiny or two to add to this giveaway...my technology is limited right now, but I hope to update soon.

EDIT: I have a spare shiny Drowzee, if you want a psychic Pokémon that's a little eerie with the Halloween season coming up. I also have a shiny ralts that Firebolt, the king of trades and clones, has agreed to duplicate for me as many as I need in his epic awesomeness.

Last edited:
    Years

• 655.png

Delphox is currently the only Psychic type starter stage. Even though Braixen should've totally been part Psychic too smh
    Do you like it?

Are you hoping one of the gen 9 starters will become a Psychic type?

Are there any already existing Psychic type Pokemon that you think could fill the roll of a starter?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Delphox is currently the only Psychic type starter stage. Do you like it?

Yeah, I kinda like it. The Kalos starters as a whole are higher on my list of favorite starters. they would robably come in second or third in my top three regional starters, which are Hoenn, Kanto and Kalos. The gen 6 starters are ones that people love or hate with their far out there designs, but I like the unusual, and loved the concept of three types of warriors from days of old symbolized in them, with
    the grass starter being a knight's templar, the water one representing a ninja assassin and the fire line, topic of this week, evolving into a mage. Delphox was the design that I liked best of the three actually, I like kitsune yokai, but they made Delphox different from Ninetales by making it more humanoid, and the fire more of something it is manipulating i.e carrying a torch/wand. I feel like Delphox could have been one of the nine wizards that Ninetales had been in its past life. I see Delphox as beautiful, mysterious and powerful. I think maybe they overdid the flame tufts on it's ears, but I still liked the Pokemon.

It's got very good special attack and pretty good speed. A wider movepool would be good too to help it get more out of calm mind and make full of it's offensive capabilities though. It also got deserved a better hidden ability than magician, it's not a bad ability, it's just situational, and Greninja got the amazing protean, not to mention getting a pseudo mega later, I would have tried to even the score.

That would be really cool actually! I am not going to get my hopes because I think that's such a long shot, but I would absolutely love to have eitther a psychic swan, or psychic grass cat or psychic fire crocodile! That would be such an unexpected and imaginative turn of events.

Are there any already existing Psychic type Pokemon that you think could fill the roll of a starter?

How about Hatteena? I was trying to think of a psychic pokemon that wouldn't be too powerful like a legendary i.e no Mewtwo, but also not unusually weak or hard to use in the first stage for a beginning player like an Abra or Beldum. Something with three stages of evolution, and base stat total that's more or less in the ball park of a final stage starter once it is fully evolved, and either has a grass, water or fire dual typing, or could have plausibly have that typing. I think Hattarene checks all of those boxes. I think she could have had a water secondary typing beause of her squid-like characteristics, or been psychic grass if they want to play on the forest witch pokedex entries.

It's not a perfect fit. Notably the starters have a high male gender ratio, and this line is exclusively female, but I don't ultimately see that as something that will impact a casual playthrough much. I think what is more noteworthy is that it evolves somewhat later than a starter, not absurdly late, but becoming Hattarene at 6 levels lower would be good.

While I'm here, I thought I would ask for takes on Farigiraf, the newly spotted evolution for Girafarig. What do you guys think?

I think it's pretty cool. I like giraffes, they are such gentle lifeforms and so whimsical-looking, so a giraffe-inspired pokemon is not something I object to. I also adore psychic / normal as type, cool types that already don't have many weaknesses canceling out each other's weaknesses is awesome, so hopefully Farigiraf keeps that, and I think it will. I also think Girafarig ks6 kinda cool looking, a little creepy but cute, and I think they had something interesting in there and thrilled to see it get a buff after all these years. It always had some good attacks like earthquake, crunch, zen headbutt, but limited by average stats, now that it's evolving and those numbers will be raised it looks like it's ready to be strong.

Farigiraf reminds me of an astronaut the way the head on the back of Girafarig's tail face is now covering the evo's face like a space helmet. Because to me Girafarig's ossicones always looked like it had martians antenna in it's head I could see associating this pokemon with outer space, though I don't think that's the intention haha.

Years
  • Delphox is currently the only Psychic type starter stage. Do you like it?
    Yes, it's one of my favorite fire type starters. I think my favorite is still Infernape, but Delphox easily comes next. I won't lie, I see a fairy type more than psychic type, but it works as well.

I wouldn't mind it. Not the fire starter again though. I would be happy to see a grass psychic or a water psychic starter. I think it could work pretty well, especially because the fighting type is often taken by starters evolutions, so I guess the opposite type (the psychic) could really work as well.

Honestly, none come to my mind, maybe gothita. It takes too much to evolve it though. Beldum, same thing. I would consider abra because it's often found in the early routes of many games, but you need to trade it to evolve it to Alakazam, so it definitely doesn't work for a starter.

While I'm here, I thought I would ask for takes on Farigiraf, the newly spotted evolution for Girafarig.
    What do you guys think?

Huh, I won't lie, I was expecting something better. I like it and it's cute. I personally thought this was the moment to make Girafarig a dark psychic type, because it really matches the original idea. Along with this choice. I would have made its evolution a lot scarier or anyway something like "the dark side took advantage ", which is kinda represented here but not too much imo. But, tbh for its typing I like this design.

Years
  • While I'm here, I thought I would ask for takes on Farigiraf, the newly spotted evolution for Girafarig. What do you guys think?

The moment it appeared in the trailer I burst out in laughter. It's a very fun design, plus it now actually looks more like an actual giraffe. Girafarig always looked more horse-like to me.
    I like it, but whether or not I will actually use it in my Violet playthrough is another matter. I tend to just go with whim on the spot for my team on my first playthrough of a region.

I've always liked Normal/Psychic as a typing though: a Psychic type that's immune to Ghost type attacks, and a Normal type that takes neutral hits from Fighting? Yes, please.

It's new abilities sound useful, though I personally don't use berries much, so Armor Tail would be more beneficial for my playstyle.

New Ability: Cud Chew

Farigiraf's Ability, Cud Chew, is a new Ability appearing for the first time in these titles. When a Pokémon with this Ability eats a Berry, it will eat it one more time at the end of the next turn.

New Ability: Armor Tail

​Farigiraf's Ability, Armor Tail, is another new Ability appearing for the first time in these titles. It makes opposing Pokémon unable to use priority moves.

Since we're talking about an upcoming Psychic type, why not talk about the other one that's been revealed as well?

armarouge.png

New Move: Armor Cannon

Armor Cannon is a Fire-type special move in which Armarouge moves both its pauldrons to its hands and puts its arms together to form a cannon, allowing it to shoot its own armor out as blazing projectiles.

This is one of the more powerful moves that Armarouge can learn, but it lowers Armarouge's Defense and Sp. Defense stats in exchange for that power.

What do you think about Armarouge?

Spoiler:

Years

• So far they've shown us how the Fire, Water, Grass, Normal, Flying and Ghost Terastal crowns.

What do you think or hope the Psychic type Tera crown will look like?

Also in case anyone missed them, prompts about the Psychic types revealed for Scarlet/Violet so far:

While I'm here, I thought I would ask for takes on Farigiraf, the newly spotted evolution for Girafarig. What do you guys think?

Since we're talking about an upcoming Psychic type, why not talk about the other one that's been revealed as well?

armarouge.png

New Move: Armor Cannon

Armor Cannon is a Fire-type special move in which Armarouge moves both its pauldrons to its hands and puts its arms together to form a cannon, allowing it to shoot its own armor out as blazing projectiles.

This is one of the more powerful moves that Armarouge can learn, but it lowers Armarouge's Defense and Sp. Defense stats in exchange for that power.

What do you think about Armarouge?

Spoiler:

Years
  • Hmmm no idea at all tbh. It's hard to say because it should be something that immediately makes you think about the psychic type. Maybe the eye since it's the symbol of the psychic type in the card game.

Years
    • Any pronoun
    • Seen today
    Pops in for the Gifts of Surprise 2022 event. Prepared tons of Pokemon for Wonder Trading to a streamer. Stopped ages ago. (Bred these in 2018.) Seems like a good time to clear out some boxes, especially with various online services going down soon. Stockpiled enough Psychic types for a full box. Only required farming some Leftovers for a decent hold item.

Consists of:
    • 18 Wobbuffet. Nickname: Banquet. Level 48. Bold. Dusk Ball. 4+ perfect IVs in Hitpoints, both defenses, and Speed. Maximized Special Defense EVs. Split the rest between Hitpoints and Defense. Equipped them with Focus Sashes. Designed it to handle Ultra Necrozma.
    • 12 Natu. No nickname. Level 1. Bold. Magic Bounce (hidden ability). 5+ perfect IVs. Nest Ball. Taught all of them Psychic, Feather Dance, and Haze. Maximized Hitpoint and Defense EVs. Handed Leftovers to all of them. Ideally handled totems by Hazing off their boosts and/or dropping their Attack.
    Spoiler: Before and After Images

Gift of Surprise 2022 Psychic Before.png
    Gift of Surprise 2022 Psychic After.png

Yielded two Psychic types (Inkay and Celebi). Would have been a good day for a Bug, Water, or Poison club. Only received one Magikarp and one Wingull, on the plus side.

Notable Pokemon:
    - Roselia with its Hidden Ability
    - Chansey in a Safari Ball with Seismic Toss
    - A hacked/cloned Celebi
    - Kartana
    - Venonat in Friend Ball with 5 IVs and all egg moves
    - Hippopotas in a Heavy Ball with 5 IVs and all egg moves
    - Ekans in a Moon Ball and all egg moves

Actually values that Roselia the most. Cannot easily get that Hidden Ability in Generation 7. (Turns into Technician with Roserade.) Already owns good versions of the rest. Might breed that onto the existing one...some other time.

Years
  • Sent out a full box of HA Level Ball Spoink, with egg moves, in the GWS in BDSP. Spoink is also a Swarm only mon, so there might still be people that just don't have it.

Sadly one of them came back to me, which I kept until the box was complete and traded it away again afterward.
    Spoiler:

Before:
    Spoiler:

After:
    Spoiler:

Received 3 Psychic types back: Spoink, Bronzor, Abra.

The Bronzor was nicknamed 'Arceus' for some reason. Nothing really standout otherwise.
    Would've been a good haul for the Water club as well with 7 water types.

Attachments

• 318019542_670557514792318_8955592453486625787_n.jpg
      318019542_670557514792318_8955592453486625787_n.jpg
      97 KB · Views: 65
    • 318220789_670557538125649_7655649551540768878_n.jpg
      318220789_670557538125649_7655649551540768878_n.jpg
      137.8 KB · Views: 65
    • 318334785_670557931458943_2554490625661220762_n.jpg
      318334785_670557931458943_2554490625661220762_n.jpg
      105.9 KB · Views: 64
    Last edited:
    Back