• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    How long has everyone been doing CSS?

Three-ish years, maybe? :/ I don't remember when I actually started, but I never bothered to develop my CSS knowledge beyond text and link modifications until about a year ago. I actually learned the basics of what I know from a random Neopets Petpage. XDD;

And to add on to the topic: What parts of CSS do you have the most difficulty with?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Anyone here a rabid SSBB player like me?
    Yes, but your post is completely off topic. When posting here you should always relate your post to a previous post made recently, as stated in the rules.

Thanks everyone this is all so helpful :3
    random question for a random topic.
    How long has everyone been doing CSS?
    uhhhhhhhh some time last year. I don't know why I didn't learn it earlier, seeing as I learnt html aaaaaaaaaaaaaages ago.

I guess I'm just lazy. But this all reminds me of a quote I once heard.

"Using HTML without CSS is like using a gun without bullets. Sure, you can beat someone to death with the gun, but using bullets is so much more effective."

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I've been doing CSS for... hmm, probably 6 years now? :/ Nothing really gives me issues anymore because of that. Sometimes I just forget exact properties and have to look them up but for the most part, I've got it down. Sometimes I run into problems when doing div layouts in websites but I can figure them out pretty quickly.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    I can do HTML like the back of my hand, but CSS is a different story. I'm used to the point and click of Dreamweaver, where you don't really have to do any coding... unless something is way wrong, and you just look for the mistake. But I am slowing trying to learn. XD;;

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
    I don't know ANY CSS ._. Erica just linked me to W3Schools yesterday. I know basic HTML.. but putting it all together in the form of a website I just find the hardest to do..

:/... I suck at coding and stuff.

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    No need to be afraid. With some practice you can get it. If you can get HTML, you can get css. Like I said, it just takes practice :3

Unforgettable

Melodies of Life
    Years
    You can practice with free websites, and you can practice CSS in your signature. There are many ways to practice it. But you have to have patience. But yes, Erica is correct, start with geocities and when you get better, move on up. ;D

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    How do you "practice" with coding though?

By making websites or something? .___.

Erica recommended I try with something free and editable like Geocities .__.

Pretty much, yeah. That's actually one of the best ways you can practise coding. :3

Arcanine

There is no "-tina"
    Years
    I used to be okish in HTML (it might be sloppy but it'd work), I haven't used it in a while so I'm not sure how I am now.
    But as for CSS... I've never used it. When I get around to coding my sig it's going to be the first time I touch CSS. XD

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back