• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Daily Chit-Chat [2008]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
Years
  • I'm still into Pokémon as a franchise, but I mostly like collecting my favourite items rather than discussing the games at length or watching the series. I dunno. :/
    Now for just a random side question, I haven't been around vBulletin boards in a quite a long time. Is there any way to make you posts appear in say small font or in a certain colour everytime you post without having to manually put in the bbcode in the post everytime?
    Nope. :[ It's manual every time. It's annoying but you get used to it. I sometimes find myself typing [font=tahoma] in emails, IMs... you name it. XD;

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    That would kinda be a hassle for people who have, like, size 1 blue bolded font, though, wouldn't it? XD;

Cherrim

Years
  • Yeah, it would be. You could always just copy/paste the tag, or type it up in Word and use the WYSIWYG post editor, but even that seems like a hassle to me. XD That's why I post with just a font change.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I had always been wondering how people were doing it, but I never thought it was manual. I'd probably be too lazy to do it, though.

Is there a hack or something that could make it automatic everytime you make a post?

Michii

as in Mishy
    Years
  • Forum activity? I own a forum, so most of my time is devoted to there. Then there's here, which I will be more active in soon. =]

Ughh I hate friken liers. I just found someone that I knew, and he lied so much about me right behind my back. He needs to go away.

EDIT: I'm late. I apologize. D:

Cherrim

Years
  • I think there might be but we've never installed any. The only downside I can see to it would be that it might encourage more noobs to use big huge fonts with colours that don't match any theme at all and no one wants invading their line of sight with like... every single post. :|

I couldn't resist.

Cherrim

Years
  • I don't remember if I even thought of that reason in opposition or if I stole it off of someone else. I just know every time this topic comes up, and someone suggests a hack that would do that, I think of a bunch of people posting with that font everywhere. It's not even likely but man it'd be a nightmare. XD

edit: Haha, I'm sure it matches some themes but I just picked the first colour that comes to mind. Doesn't really match the style I'm using. XD;

Jack O'Neill

Banned
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 15, 2015
    I think there might be but we've never installed any. The only downside I can see to it would be that it might encourage more noobs to use big huge fonts with colours that don't match any theme at all and no one wants invading their line of sight with like... every single post. :|

I couldn't resist.
    That sort of thing belongs only on Gaia Online, to be honest. It's all too common there, really. People of all sorts framing their posts with elaborate headers and footers, text sizes and colors all running the gamut of possibilities. For the most part, it's all very garish.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    That actually reminds me of when I had that kind of text on Neopets about five years ago. XD I thought it would make my text more noticeable at the time, but it was really just annoying.

devilicious

dream
    Years
  • That sort of thing belongs only on Gaia Online, to be honest. It's all too common there, really. People of all sorts framing their posts with elaborate headers and footers, text sizes and colors all running the gamut of possibilities. For the most part, it's all very garish.

★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜

I know exactly how you feel, Jack.

★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜☆。.:*:・'゜★。、:*:。.:*:・'゜​

But seriously, I don't think it's that hard to keep a .txt file open next to you with your post's color/style code. Like Erica said, if there's a feature like that, I'm afraid some people with no sense of style will ruin every thread with their posts.

Cherrim

Years
  • I'll admit I'll put stars and arrows and stuff in my posts or thread titles to make them stand out or seem more organized, but only in things like clubs or social groups. o_O; Never anything important or something that's not meant to be rather frivolous. As for typical posts, I don't really see the point of over-formatting since it's very hard to do in a presentable way that isn't over-the-top.

Neopets and Gaia really ARE bad for that, though. I find it really hard to browse forums on either site just because of the sheer... inability to read sometimes. XD;

Gerri Shin

  
    Years
  • Normal posts I just post like this, however if it's something out of the ordinary like a post in MOTM or something important than I will usually break out the custom images and css styles. as for those (for lack of better word, thanks Erica) 'Frivolous' arrows, asterisks, and whatnot I can't stand those so you will never see me use those in excess of one per post.

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    That's why I love the CSS tags, cause even if it's just something simple like a box, they can really help improve the organisation of threads. Avatar made a really nice looking rule thread in Game dev *-*

What's so important about motm?

Her

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I mostly post with one font. Either arial, or this font here.
    @ Deveruchi, rofl.

Cherrim

Years
  • The only time I've used CSS (divs, though probably spans too) in a post was for that announcement on reputation and even then I was pretty iffy on it. Didn't want to seem pretentious but it looked okay so I did it. :/ I overuse → though. I love that arrow; I tend to use it instead of bullets now when I make lists. XD;

Only thing I format the crap out of would be the pairing claim thread, which needs a revamp anyway. 8(

Aden

Lucario's best buddy
    Years
  • I'm useless at making/fixing sites, I look for people to make skins for me, and give credit <:

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back