• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Chit-Chat: the daily chit-chat (jan2019 - jun2019)

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    texting is definitely way easier though i'm also okay with the occasional voice chat as long as i know the people in said chat enough.

Years
    I find it really weird especially considering my job is talking on the phones all day but I just... hate phone calls. With friends, I mean. I have to come up with small talk and things to fill in potentially weird dead air and that's just a lot of effort in itself. @_@

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Dec 11, 2023
    100% agree on the dead air. which is why i'm normally playing a game or watching something or something along those lines with 'em or something to help push conversation along hahah.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Wowie, I'm with most others on this!

I hate phone calls, actually. I've gotten used to them with my girlfriend, but even then, if we pause, we both feel the need to small talk.

I love quietly existing with people, just, not on the phone.

Fleurdelis

Gunbreaker addict
    Years
    I always sorta come in mid voice chat and then make everyone regret I joined :DD

Aka yelling some random song

EDIT: i just took that meme test in #random and after comparing my results to the others I'm absolutely terrified to stick around

Last edited:

pkmin3033

I would probably never VC online, although sometimes I wish I had the confidence to...or had people to VC with. xD

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    i've grown a lot more confident about vcing lately in the past years. never would have about 3 years ago, but slowly but surely got myself there. can recommend it, too. feels like it has helped me grow a lot as a person. i guess finding that person that you can trust might be necessary, but.. they're easier to find than you might think!

pkmin3033

I think VC whilst playing games - probably MHGU - would be easier for me than just talking too, but...well, trusting people enough to let them hear what I sound like is difficult. I've had people judge me based on my voice before and it's...tiring. I've had people record me before and spread the audio file around, so...yeah, trust is not easy.

Lize

Forever paired with [b]machomuu[/b]
    Years
    • Age 27
    • Seen Mar 25, 2023
    I think VC whilst playing games - probably MHGU - would be easier for me than just talking too, but...well, trusting people enough to let them hear what I sound like is difficult. I've had people judge me based on my voice before and it's...tiring. I've had people record me before and spread the audio file around, so...yeah, trust is not easy.

honestly i kinda figured it was something like this and i can very much get this too, it's what always made it so hard to begin with. but over the years, learning that to find that trust is to also give that trust to people and gain their trust, i definitely feel like i came out of it stronger and hell, i'm not even that ashamed or too afraid anymore to out myself as not being cis. my voice always still feels like the thing holding me back the most, but i have been able to trust a lot of people recently with it and it's been definitely helping me.

regarding voicing while playing video games, obviously it makes for some good communication as to what happens in the game and it can make for some great friendship dynamic if everything turns out well and everything is a lot of fun. definitely personally also am a talking person myself so i also still very much like just hanging out with people without doing much haha. dead airs don't do too much with me, i suppose i usually also am kind of a person who can keep the dead air down and keep things going myself, but even when i can't i just like being comfortable with the other person and i guess letting them know that and that they can be comfortable too without much talking happening at all times.

pkmin3033

tbh I think the truth is that I'm just not meant to have any kind of interaction with others beyond the very casual and I need to accept this rather than only accept it when it doesn't bother me. Sometimes it's fine, but other times it's very lonely and I find it harder to deal with than I would trying to explain things to people.

I think VC with PvE games would just make life easier, haha. Co-ordination is key in games like Monster Hunter and it's easier to do with the talking than it is the awfully limited messages you can write out.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back