• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other Fandoms] "The Dando Cafe" ✧NEW✧ A Monster Hunter Club

Venia Silente

Inspectious. Good for napping.
Years
  • Voted and voted.

Soooo, I did not get to announce here because the update had me busy but riiiiight before I posted a new poem for the odes collection: "Consummate Consumer – Deviljho" (I was admittedly fearing that the update would bring in Pickle and steal my thunder). Available on AO3 as per usual as I solve the rules-specific minutiæ to have these published to PC as well.

Currently Gigginox and Amatsu are in the works. I'd rather be able to forget that Gobul exists.

Speaking of update, how are y'all enjoying your vertical dragonators? :p I might be available this afternoon to help people with that fight.

I love the little Dragon Cohoot outfit so much omg. But I'm not buying MHS2 just to get some armor or whatever. Juice ain't worth the squeeze imo.
    If you are not buying MHS2 for the Cohoot, buy it for the story! Or for the graphics! Or for the roster! I feel like it might end up being a very good game.

If not, eh, I understand. I won't be able to buy it either but I'm not letting that dissuade me from getting my own Wyvern Cohoot, I'll just have to stalk the Shrine Ruins nest until I can steal a Rath chick I can raise on my own.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Omg please please please put together all of your MH poems so they're in one place so I can feature them easily in the main thread!! I love the work you're doing so much. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)

And this counts for any and all writings, drawings , or anything else for this club. I know I'm repeating myself from the Fairy thread but like, this fandom deserves its member creative works to be celebrated!

Venia Silente

Years
  • Omg please please please put together all of your MH poems so they're in one place so I can feature them easily in the main thread!! I love the work you're doing so much. (´°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥ω°̥̥̥̥̥̥̥̥`)
    Done (on PC) and Done (on AO3). The PC version has the exclusive original version of the Amatsu peom (requested by you, coincidentally) as well, and I'll be updating it in the upcoming days.

Odes-wise in general, I'm still having issues with Great Jaggi, but Gigginox, Ceadeus and [GUEST ENTRY] should be coming up nicely and should be the next in line. I should also be doing Gobul, the earlier I can get rid of it the better I guess

And this counts for any and all writings, drawings , or anything else for this club. I know I'm repeating myself from the Fairy thread but like, this fandom deserves its member creative works to be celebrated!
    This so much! I want to see PC Seal Of Approval cutesy Narga artwork. And who knows, perhaps someone has written or wants to write MH fanfiction.

Years
  • Hi, it's me again after a long time. I just got MH:Rise edition of Switch few days ago and played MH:Rise for a few hours. I only hunted Great Izuchi and Arzuros, but I'm loving Wirebugs and vertical aspect of the gameplay so far.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    btw, does anyone know how to get to the top of the rock formation in the back of area 9 in the Frost Islands? been only able to get partway up and am not seeing a way to go higher.

Venia Silente

Years
  • btw, does anyone know how to get to the top of the rock formation in the back of area 9 in the Frost Islands? been only able to get partway up and am not seeing a way to go higher.

I'm not sure it is possible to get higher than the "jail" ice ledge with a NW view (right above the tunnel heading to the wirebug). Haven't seen anyone test it with the infinite wirebugs trick either. But I do know that monsters consider the entire rock formation a "wall" when they fly to or from A12.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I didn't think that all 3 of us would fit but ok:

rGBQses.jpg

Years
  • Just got MH Stories 2! I played Rise for a bit with some friends but I lost interest pretty much as soon as I hit HR. Stories seems more my speed though and I am looking forward to playing it more!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Opening a lobby for turns in MHGU if anyone is interested. Finishing up Deviants, small /large crown, and arena quests.

Venia Silente

Years
  • Started playing Stories 2 a few days ago. I have a Great Jaggi, another Great Jaggi, a third Great Jaggi, and an extra Great Jaggi for good measure. Also I have a Qurupeco called, you guessed it,

Doot.

This game is bonkersly good. And that companion Barioth at the mountains is he best thing to ever happen to the franchise. He even has his own igloo!

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    Started playing Stories 2 a few days ago. I have a Great Jaggi, another Great Jaggi, a third Great Jaggi, and an extra Great Jaggi for good measure.
    I expected nothing less from you lol

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    finally
    AFZ1huZ.jpg

the game sure made me wait a long ass time, but I finally have one

Last edited:

Venia Silente

Years
  • That's very good! Congratulations (how far into the game is this btw?). I just got my first Mizu, so I'm pretty ways far to go still.

In more literary news, more Odes to the Third World news:

* the PokéCommunity release has been updated with Best Khezu Friend (Gigginox) and Mt. Helicopter (Duramboros).
    * the AO3 release has been updated with its first [URGENT] rating quest: the Luna of the Underworld, Ceadeus!

Question: for those of you, if any, who also speak or know how to read Spanish (Español): would you be interested in Spanish versions of these poems? Know of anyone who would?

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    That's very good! Congratulations (how far into the game is this btw?). I just got my first Mizu, so I'm pretty ways far to go still.
    At the point you can get a Glavenus egg you're about three quests away from the end of the main story (I'm at the final boss and plan to do that tomorrow)

Years
  • Hi,

dropping in after few months. I got Stories 2 from my gf for Christmas and I've been playing it almost nonstop in my free time. I just beat Basarios and I'm looking forward adding one on my team. So far I'm having a blast and now I regret even more for never getting around to buy the original Stories on 3DS, because I remember I enjoyed its demo. I think I might buy it after I'm finished with Stories 2.

Venia Silente

Years
  • ^ Congrats on enjoying Stories 2! It's the best Pokémon game of 2021, definitively.

You mention Basarios but may I interest you in Zamtrios or Khezu later? They're an absolute giggle and cuteness to ride. (but for actual usefulness by its time you'll probably want Lagombi).

In related holiday news, I got MHGU officially as a gift last holidays, so now I can enjoy the pain that is Deviant quests with people online! Migrating my save was the first thing I did. Just got done with Redhelm II, Dreadqueen II and Grimclaw I on online. Grimclaw is absolutely unforgiving if it manages to corner you.

Also it's sad to see that GU did my dear Agnaktor armor so badly compared to the 3U version. The skills it has in GU are basically useless to my gameplay. Barioth armor set had a similar issue but at least it was more fixable.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    idk if I'd recommend getting Stories 1 at this point since 2 is an overall significant upgrade to it.

In related holiday news, I got MHGU officially as a gift last holidays, so now I can enjoy the pain that is Deviant quests with people online! Migrating my save was the first thing I did. Just got done with Redhelm II, Dreadqueen II and Grimclaw I on online. Grimclaw is absolutely unforgiving if it manages to corner you.
    I'd be down to help you out sometimes, I've been wanting to get back to playing GU lately.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Anyone like, really end up unimpressed with Rise?

Venia Silente

Years
  • I was impressed at points but now unimpressed. Not like, tremendously unimpressed. it's just once its novelty is past, there's very little helping it stand out. It's basically yet another Portable title, and it's strongly focused towards arena DPS slugfests, not that Portables are bad but — I guess — that's how they are designed. I find a fair amount of truth in Jakob's review of the franchise (peaking with Dos, tho my personal impression is that the peak was Tri) that starting with the Portable ones, they are not really Monster Hunter games in the genre sense: they started as strategic action games, but they now are DPS action games.

(And then somehow people have the gall to complain when Alatreon is given a mechanics-based DPS check? That's literally what the playerbase voted for, with their wallets! They wanted a DPS slugfest action game...)

Other factors include the maps. Sure, they are larger overall areas but they are still too far logistically split into chunks, and the overall Sandy Plains and Flooded Forest maps are actually smaller than they were in Tri, which is saying something because Tri's design gave you the feels that the Plains was an opening towards an even larger map.

That said, for Rise the mere act of having a good doggo companion whossa good doggo yes you aaaaaaa, helps make up for it. I hope palamutes are retained in future games, or at least that we can get back the 4U~GU tier palico customization (even with Prowler mode!).

(And let's be honest, Switchaxe is the switchiest it has been since GU)

Back