• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

the "DATE IDEA" is to go tot the sprite thread

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
Years
  • Pokemon

Once I have more finished sprites I'll consolidate them into a fakedex image.

Non-Pokemon

Truality

Left for good
    Years
    • Seen May 17, 2013
    Your potential is absolutely stunning. And that must be the reason why you haven't received a lot of comments; people don't know what to say.

The pokemon art is...well, unique. The spriting is great, I'm just not fond of the designs and the faces a lot, but that's just me, nothing to care about.

I'm gazing at the non-pokemon art intensely. The shading, palette selection and outlines are flawless. The only thing that you still could improve further is probably the anatomy. Some of your work (not all of it, of course) have a rather distorted proportion in some of their body parts. Here's an example:

(left leg)--->

Notice how the left leg is a bit fatter than it should be, I assume that you made it that way because it's turning to the side a bit, but it looks odd. The pose could normally have both legs standing almost face-up (like the right leg is).

But seriously, wonderful job. I hope you have more to show in the future.

Infinipede

negima ruined my life
    Years
  • Thank you for the critique and kind words. I just wish people would actually comment, even if they don't have much of an idea of what to say. It's sort of depressing when nobody is critiquing your stuff...

So I've made the decision to animate all my sprites B/W style using flash (there was a tutorial on here about it a while ago...) in the hopes of getting more recognition... everyone likes animations, right?

my other two starter lines, awaiting a resprite and animation

Onini. There's still a point where his head sort of lifts off of his body but it's late and my back is starting to hurt...

Amaruuk

[span="letter-spacing: -2px;"][b]└──[/b]►[/span]TY
    Years
    • Age 35
    • She/Her
    • Seen Mar 19, 2024
    Oh my! I really should stop by the pixel art section more often. I love seeing threads like these that actually have original, non-Pokemon pixel art in them. Your style is definitely something new and fresh and yet there's a delightful hint of retro in there, too. I love how crisp everything is and the textures are so well-executed.

Like Truality, the only real critique I would have is with the anatomy and perspective on some of these. You seem more accurate and stronger with smaller details than with larger areas. Some of them start to lose their form. But overall, this is an absolute delight to see - keep it up! And don't get discouraged; I have been posting non-Pokemon art and pixel art here for years and sadly most people around here don't really say anything. It's not just you :3

Valora17

Something Memorable?
    Years
  • Your work is REALLY good, I absolutely love your fakemon designs and how they are sprited. My main critique is that your Fakes all have very similar styles of eyes, which isn't a bad thing but can get very repetitive after a while; and some of your shading seems strange on the evolved form of the (assuming here) centipede.

I also realllly like your non gakemon, most of the problems I see are in proportions of their limbs; otherwise these are great :D Keep it up!

Years
    • Seen Nov 27, 2011
    You are better than many others. But you need to practice a lot because there are some-what do you call it-proportion/perspective errors. I mean they look odd as said before. Colorings are awesome, I wish I could pick colors properly too.

Back