• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Demon Inside (PG-14 due to short language, gore, potential religious conflict)

Years
  • This story is both fiction, and reality. We all have our inner demons. This, is a conflict, with mine. This is a FPV story. If you don't like it, then it's your own problem. It's my story, and I'll tell it my way.

-------------

Ugh... I could have been on the Internet, but this was more important. My pace was smooth and long, my boots clicking on the hard stone floor. The hallway I was walking through was long, and I glanced around me, looking at doorways on either side of me. One door was virtually made of water, the other of fire. I smiled slightly, remembering the occupants of the rooms behind the doors. Fire fanatic Keena was behind the blazes, while the sleek aquatic being Tiamat was behind the water door. But unfortunately I could not afford to stay.

I trudged on, noticing the light level in the hall plummet. Finally, I got to the end of the hallway, and it was dark to the point where I couldn't see my hand in front of my face. I took a deep breath, and muttered an incantation as a small light appeared above me, just managing to penetrate the gloom resting around the edges. I stepped forward, seeing the final door, though it seemed to be absorbing the light. I swallowed hard, swallowing my fear as well, stepping through the door, as the light above my head immediately went out. The air in this room was musty with the scent of death. Blood coated the wall, manipulated to form phrases about the glory of death, pain, and feeling of the life pouring out of your body. In the center was the form of a crouched girl, at least 19. She looked almost normal, being shrouded in shadow, except for the large wings extending from her back. Despite my misgivings, I moved closer to the girl. I was younger then her, being only 14 years of age, and I lacked her wings. I was a normal girl, and the smell of her room was making me nauseous. I stood there for a moment, feeling exposed, and finally the other got to her feet, saying, "Well well; Rachel, what a nice surprise. It's not often that you visit your mind space, especially to visit me."

She moved into the small bit of red light coming from a bloodstained light on the ceiling. I watched the light reflect off her, and even here in the reddish light, I could see her white skin, her black hair and clothes, and her large black feathered wings, each feather matted with blood. "You have performed several recent kills." I said in a slightly accusing tone. "I cannot keep your actions hidden forever."

"Oh really? This is your own mind. You can keep everything locked up. Even from your boyfriend, everybody knows that." the black girl said, turning away and working with several torture devices, cleaning the blood out of it. I shuddered. The girl, Eclipse, was a menace to my mind and everyone in it. "See here, Eclipse. It's a matter of time before you move to killing characters that belong to others." I said, before suddenly getting blown over by a burst of dark energy. I looked over to Eclipse; she was literally glowing with a dark aura. It was when she was like this that grown men would crawl under the covers with their teddies. Even despite this, I got back to my feet, getting out a small globe of deep blue energy. It could fit in the palm of my hand, and it looked harmless, but I concentrated on it for a moment, and the aura around Eclipse vanished.

"You have forgotten." I said in a darker tone. I was done playing with this woman. "I am your creator and master. My word is law." and to prove my power to her yet again, I tossed the sphere into the air, concentrating on a very VERY different picture of Eclipse. In my thoughts, she was no longer with her wings, having pink colored hair with flowers in it, and a gown that was also pink and decorated with flowers, hearts as well, and the girl in my mind was dancing in a lush green field filled with... more flowers, particularly daises. I smiled in satisfaction, and opened my eyes, knowing that the picture would be true. The smile instantly disappeared when I realized that nothing had happened. What was going on?! I stiffened as I felt feathers brush against me, and Eclipse materialized behind me, feathers falling from her wings thanks to the demon energy that she had soaked from them in order to teleport.

"Who?s the master now?" she whispered into my ear, and without hesitation, she opened her mouth, revealing her long, snake-like fangs, and she plunged them into my throat. Pain rocketed through me as if lava had been dumped down my throat, and I was too stunned to scream. It felt like time had stopped for me, nothing existed any more except for me, and the vampire that had her fangs inside my neck. Finally, she released, and dropped me to the floor. I didn't bother getting back to my feet, and I felt Eclipse's foot dig into my back. I yelped in pain, as she applied more pressure. I held my eyes tightly shut as her weight was fully on top of me, then suddenly; she eased off me, though it was never a good sign. I found myself being hauled up by the back of my shirt, feeling my oxygen be cut off for a moment. "You little *****. You have had me under your control for the last several years. Now, it's time for my revenge." She hissed into my ear, as I felt a long, snakelike tongue lick my ear. I shuddered, repulsed, and I felt her grip move to the front of my shirt, and I was slammed against the wall. I felt cold steel on my wrists, and I saw her back away, folding her wings against her back. I tried to move, when I realized I was chained in place! I struggled, whimpering sounds coming from my throat, when suddenly, I felt like my stomach was on fire, and I looked down to see my shirt torn, and blood spilling from a new wound. I looked to Eclipse, trembling from fear and pain, and I saw her with a finely crafted whip in her hand. "A cat-o-nine-tails. I assume you know what that is." She said with a sinister smile, her fangs showing clearly.

I swallowed hard, knowing it incredibly well from an encounter with another character. I could only get hit about 49 times. Or I was dead. I saw Eclipse bring the whip around again, and fiery pain exploded around my shoulder. I screamed in pain, as I saw the whip reel back once again, blood dripping from it. Several more times did the whip slam into my body, until I was coated with and chocking on my own blood. I hung my head, awaiting the next hit, when suddenly a tornado of wind burst into the room, forcing Eclipse to move her wing to take the blow, though she didn't seem affected. She looked towards the source, though the cause of the blast was not immediately visible. Suddenly, a large set of draconic claws ripped into her back, though doing little more then knocking her to the ground. I saw a brilliant white as the source, but I saw nothing else as darkness circled my vision, and I fell unconscious, not feeling the claws that freed me from the chains.

I woke up, and yelled, thinking for a moment that I was stuck in Eclipse's room. But once my brain caught up with my eyes, I realized that I was lying on my back, and there was no ceiling; just clear sky and bright sunlight. I shaded my eyes with one hand, though it was too late, as a headache struck. I rolled over instinctively, but I was then aware of falling to the ground, hitting the ground hard. I groaned, but then realized that the pain I should have felt from impact to my wounds was gone. I fearfully looked down my body, to see the blood stains on my clothes, but no blood pool. I looked up, and was immediately on my feet, backing away, scared out of my wits. Right there, in front of me, was a brilliant white dragon, with steel-like scales running down its body. Its wings were enormous, it's head narrow, but the most unnerving part of it was that it's eyes were a light glowing blue. Worst of all, in my opinion, was that it was looking straight at me. I whimpered slightly, getting ready to run, when I felt a calm feeling wash over me, and I stopped, as the dragon got to it's feet, and stepped toward me, laying down at my side, wrapping it's long tail around my ankle. By the time I regained focus, I was scared stiff, deciding that I was going to get gruesomely swallowed. Several versions of the event ran through my mind, each more gruesome then the last. Suddenly, I heard a smooth, feminine voice in my mind. "Do not be afraid. I am here to assist, not harm." as she lowered her snout to me, and suddenly moved my arm so that my hand was on her snout.

"Where.... how?" I stuttered, unable to complete the sentence. I didn't need to; it was like the beautiful animal had read my mind. "This needs not be of your concern. All you need to be aware of is that you, I, and all the other creatures that exist in your mind wants Eclipse out of power."

"Out of power? What do you mean? I'm the Author, even though it seems that my author powers weren?t working in her space." I said, attempting to create a light over my head to prove to myself and her that I still was in power. To my shock, there was no extra light to the already brightly lit area. "She has robbed you of your power, young one. You are no longer the highest power. She is." the white dragon said solemnly, moving so my hand ran along her head.

I stood in shock for several moments, it seemed like an hour. "But if she's an Author, then I'd be dead." I said, remembering that the Author made one capable of making and destroying as they pleased. Of course, even they had their limits, though they never had reason to test them.

"True. She did already try to kill you. But I simply took you to another world, where she cannot harm you with her powers. I, like you, found myself powerless, so I used a plot hole from your unconscious body. I once fought Eclipse for control over your soul. But, with my power depleted, and hers increased, I am afraid that at her next attempt at war, you will not be so lucky. Eclipse is your greatest fear, your greatest protector, and your greatest influence. Obviously, you destroyed yourself and built your heart around her wings, so to speak. You rely on her to take life's troubles, but by doing so, you opened yourself to darkness. She is not one to leave a mistake as large as that hanging." the white dragon said, using one claw to move me onto her back. It was true, I realized that. Without her, I felt memories rush back to me, memories that she had simply blocked from me. Fights with my parents, fights with friends, the mental picture of a blade cutting through my wrist... it was too much, and I felt myself collapse onto the white dragon's back, tears falling from my eyes. She simply folded her wings to her back, and moved off, pushing through the surrounding forest. My eyes were red from crying, but I wasn't blinded enough to not notice the surroundings. The trees seemed dark and crooked, with branches that looked like they were reaching out to grab me. There were strange sounds all around the dragon and I, and I heard a sudden screech as I covered my ears. Just a screech owl, I told myself. That's all. I felt the dragon stop suddenly, and I looked around, realizing we were at a large silver lake. It had also become night, and I could see the moonlight reflecting off the water, giving an eerie, but beautiful effect to the water. I heard another sound, and I was immediately alert, but I soothed again when I heard the sound of a waterfall. "Seems pretty safe here." I said, slipping off the white dragon, which for now I decided to refer to as Serenity.

"Rachel, I do not think that it is a good idea to be-" Serenity started to say, but she stopped at the sound of another screech. Both of us looked towards the source, and saw a pair of large, glowing red eyes. I froze, unable to move, unable to run. Serenity was growling now, and I saw a large, dragon like claw move out of the forest, though I couldn't see the rest of the newcomer yet.

"Who dares intrude upon the lake?" I heard a calm, but demanding voice come from the direction of the eyes. I was still too stiff to move, but Serenity brought herself upright, and said, "That is not of your concern. We are not intruders, merely passerbies. You are?"

The dragon like claw retreated silently, and the red eyes disappeared for a moment, before the voice spoke again "I am Koga. But for you, I am your death!" As a large, quadruped form rushed out, and I felt two dragon-like claws seize me, feathered wings flapping in a rush around me. I heard the screech again, and I recognized what had me. A griffin. I felt the griffin?s claws, that I now recognized as bird talons, slashing at me, as he carried me higher into the air. I struggled against him, as Serenity flapped into the air, ready to fight, but being smaller, the griffin was faster. "Oh crap." I muttered, trying to use my feet to free myself from the griffin. But it held no effect on the beast, and I felt him carry me to the point where there was little oxygen, and I fell unconscious, hearing Serenity's roar.

When I awoke, I was on a bed, in obviously a human shelter. "What the... what happened?" I asked myself, sitting up. The last thing I remembered was the griffin shredding me. My blood ran cold as I felt feathers brush against me, though the feathers were dust colored. I realized that the griffin from earlier was laying down next to me, almost on top of me, with one wing over me. I also felt one claw across my waist, and I shivered, not wanting to awake him. But I was very confused, and it appeared there was no way out. I could hear a snoring sound coming from the griffin, so I stayed still for now. Finally, I saw the bird-like head rise as he awoke, and said "Good morning. Did you sleep well?"

"uhh... sure... but what the heck is going on?!" I demanded, finally snapping. The griffin got off the bed and to the floor, saying, "I apologize for my earlier actions. The black dragon watches over everything. In order to fool her into thinking I was killing you, I had to be overly aggressive. But your wounds from my talons have healed. We are in the only safe place in all the worlds from Eclipse's wrath. And we need your help."

"Me? What can I do?" I asked, a bit overwhelmed. Suddenly, my hand rushed to my throat, as I felt a sudden spiking pain. "Eclipse's bite still burns you." Koga said, watching me with the hawk-like gaze that sent shivers down my spine. ?Only you can hope to bring the end to Eclipse?s rule, using the hatred she poured into your blood.? He was moving towards the wall, making it clear with one claw that he intended me to follow. I slipped off the bed, walking behind him, until he came to a door that was glowing black, with ripples of sheer black energy moving over the surface of the door. ?Only you can defeat her. And with the bond between you and her, you are the only one that can open this door.? The griffin said, stepping aside. I moved to the door, trembling slightly. It was like someone was watching me now, and not just Koga. I extended one trembling hand towards the door, and gripped the handle, immediately letting go and clutching my hand as my hand felt like it was burning. I might as well have grabbed a glowing coal with my bare hands. ?I? I can?t do it.? I said through gritted teeth, and the griffin lowered his head slightly, disappointed. ?All right. So there is truly no way to overthrow her.? The tone of his voice suggested utter defeat, and it tore at my heart to hear it. Unable to say anything, I turned and walked away, staring at the ground.

That night, I walked back to the door, alone. I had talked with the white dragon about how I felt and what had happened with the door. I looked at the glowing darkness, feeling fear run slowly through my entire body. ?Eclipse? it?s over.? I said, gripping the door with one hand, and holding on despite the pain as I turned the handle, opening the door. I could see a pitch-black fog, and Eclipse?s voice. ?Fool. Getting past my door is a pathway to your own death. Rachel, you never did learn when it was time to back down.? Despite her words, I kept silent, feeling my way through the fog. I didn?t put Eclipse above leaving traps in here, but I couldn?t see? Suddenly, a glow illuminated the fog, and I turned to see Serenity, who was glowing brighter then ever, purging the mystery from the fog. I could see now, and I hopped onto the dragon?s back, looking around. We moved steadily through the now-illuminated area, when I heard a clicking noise overhead. I immediately flattened myself against the dragon?s back, and she leapt backward as a large bladed pendulum swung past where we had been, and I swallowed hard. If we hadn?t darted out of the way, both Serenity and I would have been chopped in half. ?Can you take it down?? I asked the white dragon, as she nodded slightly, and I wrapped my arms around the base of her neck, holding tightly as I felt her raise to her back legs, and send a stream of white flame towards the supports. After several moments, the pendulum crashed to the ground with a clang that rendered me deaf for several moments. Serenity, however, moved towards the metal area, setting her claws on the pendulum and tearing into it, revealing a brilliant silver color under the metal.

?Dragon scales!? I said in shock. Eclipse must have gotten her full-powered form into this. ?Indeed. Eclipse, in your mind space at least, sheds her scales regularly, Eclipse must be using them to create human weapons.? Serenity said, flicking her tail slightly.

?But? why, if metal is more easily accessible? And why would she paint it to make it look like human metals?? I asked, looking carefully at the silver coloration. Unfortunately, when Eclipse decided to do something, there tended to be no stopping her. This included plotting against the very being that had created her. ?Simple. My scales are far too powerful for mere human metal to get through, despite my looks. Eclipse?s magical qualities consist through her scales as well, so she can alter them in any way she desires in order to target you. Expect a lot of things around made from dragon scales? Serenity said, moving on past the pendulum. The mist pressed around her illumination for a moment, but by this point, I was defiantly becoming stressed. Eclipse, if she was able to assume her silver dragon form, may be far too powerful to beat.

My thoughts were pretty much hopeless, and the mist pressed around both Serenity and I, causing the dragon to stop. ?Rachel? I can?t go on. Your thoughts are Eclipse?s strength. Your faith is what allowed you to enter these chambers.?

?Serenity? despite your words, you haven?t been a witness to Eclipse?s power. You?ve only heard of it. I?ve seen her in action personally, she will tear both of us apart before we get within fifty feet of her.? I said, shivering slightly. I remembered how she acted when she decided to attempt to take over my mind space. To this day, she had never made a real error, and this time, she might actually be able to beat me.

?Only you can defeat the nightmare of your mind. I will keep her dark energies away from you so you can bring down the demon.? Serenity asserted.

I nodded slightly, and focused myself. No matter what, for my character?s sakes, I would either take her down, or die trying. But, to do that, I needed a weapon, and that I did not have. It didn?t matter. If anything would lead me to victory, it would be my heart.

It was then that I saw a pale glow coming from a long distance away, and ordered Serenity to move towards it. I shuddered slightly as I heard a different sound nearby: the scraping of scales on stone. And it wasn?t Serenity?s scales. I managed to hiss ?watch out!? before Serenity jumped away as the black head and neck of a dragon came from the mist, twisting around to bite me in an attempt to rip me off her back.

However, the dragon had missed thanks to the dodge, and it roared, slamming one clawed paw into the ground causing the earth to shudder under her power. I could hear a growl behind Serenity, and my blood ran cold as I turned slowly to find myself looking into the eyes of the only creature on earth that I was afraid of.

The silver-scaled dragon behind Serenity reared onto her back legs, not saying anything, but from her maw came a bolt of ice, freezing Serenity and forcing me off her back, rolling on the ground to keep the ice from attaching to my clothing. Unfortunately, I felt Eclipse?s claw settle over my body, and she began to press her weight on me, crushing my body slowly. In the least intelligent move she could have made, Serenity actually slammed directly into her, nearly stomping me, but getting Eclipse?s claws off me. I was already on my feet, and running for the glow that I had seen earlier, and Serenity attempted to follow, though Eclipse had already sunken her fangs into Serenity, pulling her to the ground. Once knocking Serenity down Eclipse was quick to follow me, a blast of ice coming from her mouth as her eyes began to glow red, an obvious sign that she was ready to kill. I was almost in the glow, when suddenly; the entire room went pitch black, blinding everyone. Everyone, except for Eclipse. I stumbled slightly over an uneven area in the floor, but as I fell, my hand landed on something vaguely metal, and it was pulled to the ground with me with a loud clatter. I grabbed whatever it was and rushed to my feet, but it was right then that I looked at Serenity?s condition after Eclipse had attacked her. I needed to help her, and fast!

Serenity knew what I was thinking, and right before getting to her feet, she yelled to me, ?Don?t worry about me! Bring down Eclipse!? It was right then that I swung whatever I was holding towards a nearby movement, and I saw Eclipse retreat for a moment. It was then that I realized that I was holding a sword, of a brilliant white coloration. Eclipse, obviously, wasn?t going to risk anything at this point, and she reared onto her hind legs for a moment, and I recognized what she was about to do. She could change her field of battle, without affecting anything nearby. As her front claws slammed into the ground, the area that Serenity was at remained unharmed, while around me, the earth shuddered, and I suddenly felt the ground collapse under me, sending me plummeting down a sheer cliffside, with a lake of boiling lava being my stop. Eclipse was on a large platform area above, with only one relatively thin pathway to the rest of the room. She turned, and began to move to the rest of the room as I fell.

As I fell, I could feel the memories of everything I had gone through in life, the people that missed me outside of my mind-space, the beings in my own mind that enjoyed my rule. I had lost, and they would be put to slavery, more then likely. They would be forced to treat Eclipse like a god, as if her slaves in Hell didn?t spoil her enough. Under Eclipse?s rule, wars would be waged, plagues would be inflicted upon thousands, and millions would die as sacrifices to the demon dragon. No. I would NOT let that happen!

I looked towards the wall, and plunged my sword into it, bringing me to a screeching halt from my fall. I hung there for several moments, exhausted. Finally, I began to gradually climb up, hearing the earth seem to shake from Eclipse?s roar of victory. Clearly, she believed I was dead. I finally got up to the platform, and, seeing Eclipse approaching Serenity, black demonic energy dripping from her maw, instinct took over reasoning. ?Eclipse, stop!? I yelled to her, aiming to distract her. She whirled around, and saw me, standing at the ready with the sword that had saved my life.

The room was silent for several seconds as Eclipse evaluated me, and finally, she said in a tone much like an actual dragon?s, ?I underestimated you then. Never again. This world is mine.?

As she launched forward, I swung my blade clumsily, as I hadn?t had any practice with the sword, but it seemed to almost guide me through, and I felt the blade connect with Eclipse, forcing her to back off for a moment. There wasn?t much room on this platform, and I saw her mouth open as a burst of ice launched towards me. Serenity, at this, attempted to launch towards me, but she found her leg useless. I saw her situation, and it had distracted me from the ice as it was blasted over my body. Eclipse closed her mouth, and turned, preparing finish off Serenity, when suddenly I rushed out through the ice assault, unharmed, and leapt onto Eclipse?s back, sinking my sword into her scales, where pure light shone from the wound. She threw me off of her though, as black blood poured from the sword gash. But I knew I could waste no more time. I ran forward, under her front legs, and without looking, yelled, ?This ends it! Your reign is OVER!? As I plunged the sword into her underside, contacting her heart. I could feel the blood of the dragon pouring down the blade, coating my hands and arms, and eventually my entire body. Eclipse roared in pain, and I released the hilt of the blade, backing away, watching the light shining off of the blade.

?I made a mistake when I created you: I gave you evil, but I allowed it to grow. Now that mistake will be undone!? I said, as she fell to the ground on her side, blood pouring from the gaping wound. I knew better, though. It was mostly theatrics, playing with my mind to make me underestimate her. I began to focus my mind; calling upon the Author Powers returned to me by Eclipse?s ?death? As Eclipse was forced into her demon form, brilliant white shackles appeared around her wrists and ankles, chaining her to the wall. She was too exhausted to struggle, though I knew better then to release her. ?I?m sorry, Eclipse. You can?t be killed, so all I can do is restrain you?? I said, as I turned, walking away, with Serenity not far behind me. There was nothing more that could be done here. Eclipse would undoubtedly break free, and it would be a while before I could return to my mind space like this again? However, as I walked out the door, I considered. ?Serenia was right. You were a nice person? back then.? I finished, before finally walking out, as silence filled the room.

Later that night, a meeting was held. I looked to each one of my characters, one by one. ?Eclipse, as a threat, has been suppressed. Suppressed, not destroyed. I need a careful watch kept on her, and myself. Eclipse is one of my better characters. By no temptation, whatsoever, may I bring Eclipse back in an RP. She is FAR too dangerous. I will develop a larger variety of characters. Don?t EVER let her get free.? A large discussion opened between my characters and myself that night, over the durability of the light chains and possible emergency procedure if something went wrong. If Eclipse broke free, we believed we were ready. We were very wrong?

To be continued?

Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2013
    Thisis awesome. I can't wait for your next post of this. ;3

Amy-chan

Has vacated the premises
    Years
  • FT! You're back!!! *glomps* Wow, this is an excellent story. Very descriptive, good plot... I like this VERY much. I'm also looking forward to your next post of this. You will have a next post, right? O.O

Back