• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Elysia Region

pkmin3033

THE ELYSIA REGION

REGION OVERVIEW

Once, according to legend, a great human empire spanned the Elysia Region, which was originally a much vaster continent, consisting of many different cultures and housing nearly every Pokemon species known to man. After nearly a century of protracted, bloody war, the land was united under a single ruler, and peace reigned for almost three-hundred years, as people and Pokemon lived and worked together in harmony.

It was inevitable, however, that this would come to an end, as cultures clashed and those of lower class rebelled against their vain, uncaring rulers: humankind was ever prone to war and waste. Appealing to their Legendary Pokemon deities, they brought war to the Elysia Region once again, hoping to wrest control of the empire from the corrupt officials who ruled them. What they did not anticipate was that their awakened deities would take their desires to new extremes: angered by mankind's capriciousness, they laid waste to the entire continent, destroying cities, razing the land; indiscriminately destroying all that stood in their path.

This event spelled the end of humankind in the Elysian Region, for none were spared from the wrath of the Legendary Pokemon. Desperate to save themselves, the few remaining Pokemon who survived the initial apocalypse appealed to one of the oldest of their deities: the titan, Regigigas. So it was that, using the power that was rumoured to have once shaped the Elysia Region milennia ago, Regigigas split the land asunder with mighty blows, and towed a small fragment of the continent away from the wrath of the Legendary Pokemon humanity foolishly sought to use for their own selfish goals.

So the land was allowed to recover, and Pokemon endured. Free from the shackles of humankind, free to forge their own destinies, the Pokemon returned to their natural habitats, caring for the land as was their nature, coming into conflict but never outright war, and maintaining a comfortable, peaceful existence. Over time, a community was established at the heart of the Elysia Region, and Pokemon began to band together to protect the land and one another in Regigigas' stead. So began the Second Age of Elysia.

TOPOGRAPHY

The Elysia Region is an isolated island surrounded by a mountain range affectionately known as the Titan's Knuckles. These mountains protect the region from weather patterns coming off the sea, so the climate is a fairly constant affair in each area of the region, as there is little external interference beyond the occasional region-wide hurricane; air currents are especially turbulent due to the unchecked presence of Tornadus and Thundurus, and clashes between the two often result in destructive weather that resonates across the entire region. The mountains also serve to keep humankind away from the region, allowing the Pokemon that dwell there to live in peace.

Elysia consists mostly of forests of varying types and vast expanses of ruin-strewn desert. Rendered barren by the wrath of the Legendary Pokemon in the days of old, much of the eastern land has yet to recover, and the forests of the region were allowed to grow out of control, without mankind to keep them at bay. There is a single river which cuts the continent almost in half, stemming down from the north of the Titan's Knuckles and ending in a large bay at the south. Sitting at the tip of this bay is Gigas Village, a meeting place for Pokemon of all types and species, a hub for communication and relaxation amongst the residents of the region.

THE ELYSIA POKEDEX

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region
    The Elysia Region

COMING SOON

EXPANDED MYTHOLOGY - Creation myths, legends, and beliefs from various Elysia cultures. Will also include some folktales, religious texts, and hearsay. Maybe some old songs and poetry as well.
    DRAMATIS PERSONAE - To include a list of prominent NPCs, any sign-ups, and others
    LOCATION DETAILS - Comprehensive details regarding areas

WANTED

Participants! Just give your soul over to me fill out the following form:

Name:
    Species:
    Team Name: (if applicable)

Additional Information:

At the moment, you may only sign up as an ordinary single, non-Legendary Pokemon. However, there will be opportunities soon to sign up as Dungeon Masters, Elemental Lords, Guild Masters, and more! What are these special positions, you ask? Stay tuned and all shall be revealed...

Assistance! If you have artistic vision and skills of any kind, from spriting to drawing, we're looking for help in giving some visual aids to the descriptions that will (eventually) be flooding the page! Because I haven't put pen to paper in years and my spriting sucks. My coding is also haphazard at best, so anyone who knows their way around that and would be willing to render assistance to a flailing idiot like me would be welcome. Contact me via PM for further details.

CREDITS

Various mythologies and cultures have inspired the Elysia Region and, as its mythology, history, and colonies take shape, I will expand upon this section substantially. The name "Elysia" comes from the Elysian Fields of Greek mythology, a conception of the afterlife.

Last edited:

Dragon

lover of milotics
    Years
    Ahh this looks really cool and outstanding; nice work. <33
    I'll probably sign up as a trainer soon! As soon as I get everything in order~

pkmin3033

/resurrects slowly dying thread

Well, despite laboriously building up five civilizations over the past few days, I have had a rather drastic change of heart and decided to take my idea in a completely different direction.

So, as of now, the Elysia Region is now Pokemon-only. That's right, no humans allowed!

Needless to say, this will drastically affect the way the region interacts with others, its politics and dynamics, and the events and special positions that will be available in the coming days!

This post will probably be edited with mythology and location details as I write it. Expect more detail before the week's end. And yes, there will be a personality test if you want to leave it in the hands of fate (or, in this case, myself and anyone who wants to volunteer helping with the assessment process) which will be up ASAP.

...and remember, I did it first.

Last edited:

Lycanthropy

[cd=font-family:Special Elite;font-size:16px;color
    Years
    A humanless region, that's certainly interesting. As a Mystery Dungeon lover I can't withhold myself from joining this. Can I take the personality test?

Years
    Name: Velvet
    Species: Espeon
    Team Name: (Name Pending... It's up to you, Guildmaster Meloetta!)

Additional Information: Character drawing and background details coming soon...

Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2017
    Name: Dulce
    Species: Sylveon
    Team Name: n/a

Additional Information: n/a

i'll edit the post when our team name is decided and when i come up with more information about Dulce.

Back