• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen The favorite one???

Years
  • hello friends you all might have played Pokemon RSE so a question about this game is where you want to go everythen I mean which route,city or town is your favorite?

Years
  • Favorite towns: Sotopolis, Mossdeep, Foretree. But tbh, I really love ALL Hoenn cities, they are all special in their own way, not even one is boring or not memorable.
    Routes: a lot of them, but I really like the one where it's raining constantly, the one with volcano ask everywhere, the one with river and and th one right before the Fortree city, and the one where there is that bike path.

Apollo

怖がらないで
    Years
    • Seen Jul 22, 2017
    5. Petalburg City
    There's nothing much to do there, and it's pretty small. For some reason, though, I enjoy going here! The jolly music combined with the happy flowers and the sandy path just gives me a happy feeling altogether. And it used to be my test area during my ROM hacking days, so I guess I got attached to it in a way. :P

4. Lavaridge Town
    I remember as a young child, wondering how the heck did those old ladies went on the hot springs. It wasn't until my second or third playthrough where I found a door at the end of the Pokemon Center. I'm not surprised I didn't notice that, I'm always storming through things like these WAY too fast. It's peaceful, nice and a cute town. I honestly have nothing else to say here.

3. Route 119
    This route was INCREDIBLY long. The good thing was, it wasn't annoying and I enjoyed my path, it was very scenic. My secret base was also in this route, it was in the bush behind the tall grass. The rain was a nice touch -- as a rain maniac myself, this made an incredible route even more incredible! It was just one of my favorite routes altogether and I can't wait to see what will it look like in 3D, when R/S/E remakes happen to be announced. :P

2. Sootopolis City
    The frustrations on getting to this island. x) Overall, this was really a beautiful island. It reminded me of Greece, and the cutscene in Emerald was too cool. I remember seeing the cutscene for the first time: I literally panicked! I immediately went downstairs to show my sister. Those were the days. :d While I couldn't think of anything else to do with this island, as it's perfect how it is, I think that the island in the middle could have had a more important thing rather than the gym. A shrine maybe? But I guess if one puts the gym on the outskirts, it will probably stand out too much from the Greekish houses, haha.

1. Lilycove City
    One reason: there's so much to do! There's the contest, the department store, the EVERYTHING. It's a nice place to vacation. I probably said this a zillion times already, but the flow from the land to the sea is just natural. It remains my favorite Hoenn area since the very first time I laid my eyes on it.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
    Years
  • Sootopolis, Fortree, Pacifilog. There was a lot of special towns this Gen that really stood out. Also, I agree with the post above me. Round 119, and really that whole watery and jungley area was awesome.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    When I still used to play these games, I would always find myself hanging around Fortree City. It's generally got an amazing atmosphere, and I really like how the whole neighborhood live on trees. Very unique, if you ask me! Aside from that, I also really like Slateport. :b

Years
    • Seen Aug 26, 2023
    Slateport City was my favorite City. I just love the feel of it; jolly, active etc. I love how you can also go to the Battle Frontier at the ship, and the event-exclusing islands. The Route before Fortree was really amazing too! It was the longest + most different route in the whole of Hoenn.

I love that you also had a chance of getting Feebas in this route. It was soo rare ;o;

Years
  • The stretch of Mauville City, Route 110 and Slateport City is easily where I spent the most time in Sapphire, and I'd say they're my favorite spots in the game.

Slateport has quite a bit to do and see, including the outdoor marketplace, the ocean museum, the shipyard and a contest hall/battle tent, depending on your version. Route 110 has both the Trick House and Cycling Road, both of which I spent more time on than I'd like to admit. As for Mauville, there may not be a lot there, but I did find myself strolling into the Game Corner to play some roulette any time I got bored, haha.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
    Years
  • Pacifidlog Town.

Represents what the Hoenn region is. A paradise of water.

I'm just kidding. Pacifidlog has a calm atmosphere around it, with the feeling of relaxation and just the need to put your feet up. The look of it and how it's a city on water makes me just wanna put up a beach chair and admire the seaside.

Zaakeil

Budding Beta-Tester
    Years
  • 5. Mossdeep City - Even though it's actually a small island town much like Pacifidlog or Sootopolis, there's a special atmosphere there for me where I could always fly to Mossdeep and sit there for a while. Also, there's the Rocket Center, the Pokeblock Maniac, Psychic Gym, and Steven's House; overall makes for a pretty cool little site.

4. Verdanturf Town - Wally's home town always has been a quaint little establishment. It has no gym and nothing really exciting in Emerald except for a Battle Tent, but it's so beautiful and serene there. The air is always fresh, everyone's happy, Wally gets better there, and it was always on my egg hatching route that I took on my bike around the region. Call me sentimental, but Verdanturf is special to me.

3. Route 113 - I dislike a lot of Routes. And I mean with a passion; Routes are seriously almost a chore for me. However I really did appreciate Route 113, because it was always raining ash. A special mention goes to Fallarbor Town here, because of it's unique atmosphere and the smooth transition from such a unique Pokemon world environment. I love seeing the grass shimmer and appear from everywhere when you run through it, and the Glass Workshop is there. What's cooler than having a Blue Flute in Pokemon HeartGold, huh? ;) Pretty awesome, if you ask me.

2. Sootopolis City - Sootopolis was always the best city for me, in terms of everything. As well as being the first place I caught a Gyarados in the wild, the Cave of Origin resides there, the unique landscape is really interesting to look at, and c'mon - Legendary Pokemon fighting it out in the center of the city? Amazing. But there's one specific place that captured my heart from the moment I saw it, and that place is...

1. Meteor Falls - While I could go on for pages about how much symbolism and beauty there is in Meteor Falls, I'll just mention a few things. The ground is tinted purple (at least in Emerald, where my experience comes from), there are only 3 trainers that ever appear in there, it's not accessible until much later in-game, it is home to the awe-inspiring Bagon (Salamence), and Steven resides there. Steven Stone is arguably the second hardest battle in the history of the Pokemon Series, with the first being Red in G/S/C/HG/SS. Seriously, with nowhere to train after the fact of the Elite Four besides re-challenging them, Steven is a smack to the face. The former champion and foil character returns in all his badarse glory, with his rock and steel type team to wipe the floor with you. Epic.

Years
    • Seen Oct 2, 2020
    Fortree City is not only my favorite Hoenn town, but my favorite town in any Pokemon game. Pacifidlog Town is another favorite. And Sootopolis City. And Mossdeep City.

Favorite routes - Route 110 (the one that runs underneath Cycling Road, where the Trick House is), Route 117 (the long one that runs east and west through Mauville - the one you ride back and forth on while your pokemon make eggs), Route 119 (the long north/south before Fortree, with Feebas in the water) and Route 120 (the long north/south after Fortree where it's always raining).

Years
  • My fave city/town is Slateport City, I love how it has a beach with umbrellas, towels and trainer battles right near it. As for routes, I really love Route 117 for its flowers and the Day Care Center.

Years
    • Seen Sep 26, 2021
    My favorite town is LittleRoot town because it is similar to my city.
    A quiet place where I would not mind living forever ... ^ ^

Katunei999

Katunei
    Years
  • My favourite town is most definitely Lilycove City. I spent an immense amount of time there, whether I was shopping, or competing in contests, or waiting for Latias to appear. I can perfectly recall the town's music even now, six years later. It was such an elegant, serene music; so different from other major cities like Nimbasa or Goldenrod.

Years
  • Slateport City was a very busy city, which I liked. So much was going on at once, I felt energized and motivated to continue my journey just by being there. The tiny stands, the beach, the museum, the Contest, they're all wonderful areas that make Slateport great. My favorite of them all would be Fortree City, though. The architecture of the houses are completely unique and give off a native, nature-oriented feel to the city, as well as the tropical trees and rain forest themed routes surrounding it.

Universe

all-consuming
    Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2016
    Definitely Fortree City, Route 119, and Route 120.

For some reason my nostalgia for these games is heaviest on these routes. It's probably cause I spent the most time around there, inside the Weather Institute, catching every single Kecleon there was in the surrounding areas, and catching a bunch of Pokemon on Route 120.

The latter route is also where I encountered my second ever shiny : Absol. ♥

Fortree City is very beautifully designed and I'd love to see a place like that in real life.
    It's also home of the only gym leader with a shiny Pokemon, so that's my home slice right there. (anime only)

Clair doesn't count cause she caught hers super recently.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
    Years
  • Well its a hard one. Cause i love all of the routes, cities and all the places. But as i need to choose i will choose Slateport city. It was jolly and it was fantasticly great. I felt too good in the city. I gave it a nick name "The city of seaven seas" ha ha. My main reason is that we can take a ship and sail to battle center !

Years
    • Seen Feb 29, 2016
    my favourite place in pokemon emerald is Battle frontier, but in other versions lilicove city

MayxGiovanni

Giovanni = Gorgeous
    Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2014
    For some unknown reason, it's always been mauville, where I got as a base HQ. I love lavaridge for a good soak in the spa though ^.^

Back